“Private garden at Alpine Lofts”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alpine
Alpine Guest Lodging
Ranked #1 of 3 Alpine B&B and Inns
Austin
“Private garden at Alpine Lofts”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I had intended a stay in Marfa but everything was booked. I checked nearby Alpine and booked the Alpine Lofts. It seems you have to plan trips months in advance to go anywhere nowadays but I'm more a spur of the moment trip planner. I thought we would be on a second floor due to word Lofts in name but they are ground level. The lofts are behind the Holland Hotel off the Alley way. We enjoyed the private garden and the nice size room with mini kitchen. The bathroom was nice and clean. The furniture in our room was similar to IKEA The included breakfast at the Holland Hotel was very good although the coffee I brought to prepare in room was a lot better! Overall I'm glad Marfa was booked because we really enjoyed the town of Alpine. I would love to stay at the Alpine Lofts again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank aces5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Midland, Texas
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband & I just wanted to getaway for the weekend & I had purchased a two night stay for the Holland Hotel. However, when I called to book the room, they did not have any available for a Friday/Saturday, but quickly offered me Loft #1 in the Alpine Guest Lofts.

This room is very large & brightly decorated. It has a full kitchen, but a little sparce on the utensils if you are planning to cook. So, you might want to bring along some of your favorite cooking items & spices if you are inclined to cook while getting away. We chose several local restaurants in lieu of cooking.

My only real complaint is the bed. While some people prefer a rock-hard bed, not so for this gal. Having undergone lumbar back surgery a couple of years ago, I found it difficult to get comfortable in a bed with no "give". But, that would probably not stop me from visiting again, given the opportunity.

A few noteworthy amenities were the large walk-in shower, a separate potty room, and they had a jacuzzi tub right in the bedroom! Unfortunately, we did not get an opportunity to try that out because we kept busy until relatively late each evening, but it definitely adds a romantic air to the place.

The hotel staff were all very pleasant, friendly & eager to make our stay memorable. The kind of hospitality one would expect from a small town! We happened to be there for their local Earth Day Celebration & Farmer's Market. Which ... well ... really wasn't much, but we had a chance to meet more of the locals.

I found it rather humorous that beside the bed were two pairs of earplugs. While the train tracks are very closeby, we did not find a need to use them. But it was nice to know they were handy, just in case.

I have also reviewed several eating establishments from this trip. So, check them out if you are interested in a potential getaway to Alpine!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mel1962
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed at the Alpine Lofts over the Thanksgiving week and it was a wonderful trip. The staff at the lofts are extremely nice and helpful. The lofts are in the middle of town, so you can park your car and walk to dinner, bars, shopping etc. A few of things that make this place one of the best are--you can bring your dogs for a small fee, you get a free breakfast everyday (and I'm talking bacon and eggs) and they are flexible on check in and check out times. The pet aspect sold me on the place from the beginning.

The only negative thing I can say is that the housekeeping was sub par. Understandably with pets being a factor, the furniture covers were a little ragged and the duvet cover was clean, just a little dingy. Then when the housekeeping staff came, they didn't do a great job--they didn't sweep the floors or even clean the bathroom sink. Oh, and also the bed was a little hard, but we just drop a little bit of money on an egg crate and it was fine.

The Holland Hotel which owns the lofts and is across the alley is a very cool, rustic hotel. They have a nice bar and a great patio with a fireplace. Next time I go to Alpine, I might check it out, since they also allow pets.

Alpine is a great location--we were able to take the dogs hiking in the Davis Mountains, check them in at the vet so we could drive over to the Terlingua Ghost Town and visit Big Bend, go to a Star Party at the McDonald Observatory and take a quick drive to Marfa.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sarah M
Conroe, Texas
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed in Loft No. 1 at the Alpine Guest Lofts the first two weeks of July, 2012. We are repeat visitors. Loft No. 1 is a well-appointed, large one bedroom apartment with fully furnished kitchen. The location is excellent as the building is situated behind the Holland Hotel, near to shops, restaurants, and entertainment. The Lofts are managed by the same folks who staff the Holland Hotel and the Maverick Inn, which means extra amenities are available to guests. Snacks, coffee, tea, etc. are in the room and replenished as needed. The Lofts have a “secret” courtyard that is a great place to enjoy an aperitif before dinner. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Leslie B
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Alpine Guest Lofts, what can I say, the cool factor is off the charts! When you first arrive park on 6th street, trust me. The walk a few hundred feet down the alley sets the tone. Look left and see the towering Holland Hotel look right and see the Orange Door. From the time you enter the Orange door till you hit the bed it's 1950's Bogart meets modern conveniences! Stamped tin ceilings and microwaves, mosquito net over the bed and Jacuzzi tub! This place is rough and tumble bare and basic for the guys, so romantic the women will love it! With guest amenities including cookies, granola bars, guest robes and Peligrino included I would rank this place as one of the best bang for the buck stays in Texas. There is actually parking at the orange door, a beautiful courtyard, and chairs with a chiminea outside to gather round and
and discuss the days adventures. Dining and cool shops in walking distance. If your cool like Humphrey Bogart and she's beautiful like Becall this is the place for your own personal Casablanca!

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank SRADkneedragger
Midland, Texas
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Great little town and great spot to stay. Location is a little funky, down an alley behind the Holland Hotel. Cute little courtyard and very comfortable and spacious rooms. Check out their website, it's very accurate. Because it's close to the train track (but not as close as the Holland), they have earplugs in the room. The trains didn't bother us though, and we didn't bother with the earplugs. It's just off the main drag, so shopping, restaurants and bars are all within a few blocks walk.

Room Tip: Room 4, which I believe is typically the cheapest, is still very large.