“We finally found a Mexican food restaurant that we love!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dallas
“We finally found a Mexican food restaurant that we love!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

We have been searching for a couple of years to find a decent Mexican food restaurant in the Frisco area, stumbled on this place in Allen and fell in love as soon as we had our first bite of chips and salsa! The salsa is amazing and so are the margaritas - everything we have tried has been great. (I will add that my husband is Hispanic so we are picky about Mexican food). Only thing that has been a little lacking was the service Ed a tad slow when we needed something (like refills) so just be aware of that and request things before you actually need them. Can't wait to go this weekend!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

“Best Margaritas and the food is great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

My family has been going to Jalapeno's for several years. We love the food and the margaritas are the best!

Texas, United States
“Great margaritas!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

Not the best Mexican food I've ever had, but it's good and close to home, and the black raspberry margarita is awesome! They have a menu item that is combo fajitas (chicken and beef) with some shrimp wrapped in bacon that is very good. The only thing that ever really disappoints me is the queso, and I LOVE queso, so that probably explains why this place is not in my top 10.

Visited March 2012
Allen, Texas
“Former customer”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

My family have always considered this place our favorite restaurant and have been regulars since they opened. But not anymore. We went there Friday night. The waitress was slow taking our food order. When the food came out one order was cold..two orders were wrong. We talked to the manager about it. He replaced the order that was cold and only replaced one of the incorrect orders, which still was wrong. We went and ate it, even though we pointed out the error to him again. When the bill arrived we were somewhat surprised there was no discount of any type. we paid the bill. On the way out I said something to him about it. He then offered a free margarita! WOW. I declined . After I got outside, another customer followed me out and told me they overheard the manager call me a [--]. I went back in to ask him. He said he did not, but by the look on his face I am certain again. They lost good customers!

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Fairview, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

Good food, good service but still the typical TEX MEX that all other TEX MEX serve

Visited January 2012

Been to Jalapeno's Mexican Grill? Share your experiences!