“Oh, I love a great cheesesteak!”

Big Tony's West Side Philly Cheesesteak
Ranked #38 of 246 Restaurants in Allen
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I love this place! The good is great, and Tony, the owner is a great guy who will take time to stop by and chat. My personal favorite is the #2 (cheesesteak with onions) with jalapeños added. Pair that with onion straws, fries or fried pickles, and we are in my happy place. Top it with the awesome steak sauce, and it's like a crack sandwich.

Tony seems willing and ready to try new things on a regular basis, and has offered me samples of new items (spicy fries and sauces, for example) on multiple occasions. It can take a couple of minutes to get your food, and you can see it being cooked to order in the kitchen.

Big Tony's is much more consistent than Fred's, which was my cheesesteak place of choice in the past. I stopped in many times when Tony ran this place as a Fred's, before it became Big Tony's, and was impressed with the food and the friendliness, which were better than the other Fred's I had visited. Now that it is Big Tony's, it has become a regular stop off on my way home from work.

Did I mention that Tony is a helluva guy? You'll feel like a friend if you stop by during slower times - he doesn't bother you, but the friendliness is awesome. This is a locally owned business, and he and his family are in the community.

Give it a shot, even if you don't think you like cheesesteaks - they have burgers, chicken sandwiches, fish sandwiches and other things, as well as 20 different takes on a cheesesteak. My wife became a convert after thinking she didn't like cheesesteaks for years. :)

2  Thank Bill L