“Great hotel, nice decor, would recommend”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allen North - Event Center
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Allen
Reviewed January 28, 2010

Was here for two nights on a business trip, had a king suite that was huge. Hotel is decorated in 1940's Hollywood theme, nice pictures of old movie stars and antique looking wood furniture. Room had a new Dell LCD tv, couch, chairs, desk, fridge and microwave, also had a giant jacuzzi tub. Was a little noisy in the mornings, can hear the water running,
was there to work night shift locally so that was a little drawback. The free breakfast bar was great, even had biscuits & gravy.

Little hard to get too, just look for the sign - right behind a On The Border resturaunt, that delivers "room service"

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank gsellers

Reviewed October 10, 2009

This hotel is just around the corner from a very good local restaurant, Scotty P's Hamburgers and close by the Allen Premium Outlets.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank tessar508
Reviewed September 17, 2009

I really loved this hotel. We had several rooms in the hotel for a wedding event and couldn't have been happier! I had a King Suite which consisted of one large room with 2 queen beds, sofa, bureau, flat screen TV, fridge and microwave with a bar sink, computer table (with free Wi-Fi and Ethernet connection). The other room had a King bed with flat screen TV. Bathroom vanity was done in granite. Jacuzzi Tub too. I paid $118 for a wk end night. This place has been completely remodeled throughout. My extended family had various rooms that were all done very nicely. Some did not come with the microwave and bar sink. Some had two TV''s and some had one.
Tyler at the front desk was extremely nice and helpful. The breakfast was good with a range of hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, yogurt to cereals and fruits. I would definitely recommend this to family and friends. They also have a pool but we didn't jump in. They have a van that will take you to stores in the immediate area. The driver gets off duty at 6:30 PM.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Pho2Freak
Reviewed July 15, 2009

Traveling with three sisters in one room with me could have been disastrous! Not to worry, there was plenty of space to move about, comfortable beds and a great breakfast in the morning! This is centrally located and close to everything in the area. My sisters were impressed! You can't go wrong staying at this hotel. We got much more than we paid for!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank dpmiss
Reviewed June 23, 2009

We stayed here for the weekend during my cousin's wedding and it was very nice. The movie star theme is kept throughout the hotel and into your room. The suites are nice with Jacuzzi Tub and comfy sheets and comforter. Breakfast buffet did not have a large selection though. Nice pool and hot tub outside although they did not have poolside towels

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2009

Quietly resting, almost hidden, behind restaurants, on Hwy 75 in Allen, Texas was a boutique style hotel with beautiful interiors and the richest looking buffet breakfast area that I've ever seen in a hotel. It even had overstuffed leather couches and a fireplace!
The marble floors and crown molding were exquisite!
My husband and I and my parents were visiting relatives in Allen, and I booked our 2 room suite through Priority Club to get extra points. Using the suite was cheaper than booking 2 separate rooms. However, all rooms and suites have only ONE bathroom.
Our suite was room 302. It's view was open fields, which to me is much better than looking at buildings. It had a king size bed in the main room. A small, separate bedroom was listed as a queen, but was only a full size bed. The pillowtop beds were very comfortable. Each area had its own flat screen tv and chest of drawers, but you had to retrieve the luggage rack from the front closet in the main room to put into the bedroom so you'd have a place to put your suitcase in there. It fit nicely in a snug corner by the bed.
The downsides to this suite--- there is no microwave, and there is no fan in the bathroom. There is a safe and small frig. When I complained that there was no microwave, I was told it is only in the junior suite and we were in a family suite. That made no sense since usually to be called a suite means that you have a frig AND microwave! However, the night manager was very apologetic and twice took me into the breakfast bar kitchenette designed to be used only by employees working the breakfast bar. I was then able to warm up food for my elderly parents who were too tired to go out to restaurants.
The hotel even had a wheel chair which we used several times for my dad, so he would not have to do as much walking since the suites are not located on the first floor.
The fitness center was nice and I was told that the hotel is only 2 years old. I would defintely stay here again.
One warning!!! The water in this part of Texas tastes horrible and smells, so I would recommend bringing your own bottles of water for drinking.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
holiday205, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allen North - Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2009

Dear PamFan,

Thank you so much for sending in such a great response from our hotel. We strive to be the best we can be and appreciate your feedback.

I printed this review for the Staff and they were in awe of how detailed it was and how much time you took to write it. Rest assure, we are working on the towel issue.

Hopefully, somewhere down the line, Allen will change the water supply. I agree with you on the taste!

Reviewed December 15, 2008

Stayed here while driving through for a thanksgiving trip in Texas. We were using someone's points, so Holiday Inn it was. Apparently this hotel is brand new...or at least seemed that way.

The rooms are very large, the bathroom was great with a jacuzzi garden tub, flat screen tv's, internet access was a breeze.

If you are passing through and looking for a place to stay....I would recommend the Holiday Inn Express in Allen.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Dear Wolfgame,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on TripAdvisor about our hotel.

Yes, you are correct. The hotel is about 2 1/2 years old. Our 3rd birthday will be in June.

We take great pride in providing true Texas Hospitality each and every time to each and every guest.

We will see you back the next time you are in Allen area!