I booked my stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Allen because my 54-year-old brother lives close by and I brought my elderly mother from California to say goodbye to him. He has an aggressive stomach/esophagus cancer which is metastasizing quickly. It was a last-minute trip, between 2 courses of therapy he is undergoing, and I booked this via Expedia a few days prior to leaving.
I am not sure what happened with the reservation, but when I arrived, the hotel told me my stay was scheduled for 2 weeks later, and for 3 days instead of the two I thought I booked. Thankfully they found us a room for the evening as we were exhausted from traveling all day. I asked the hotel to cancel the room for the upcoming 2 weeks, and was told I had to do this via Expedia.
The next day, I called Expedia and was told their contract with the hotel meant this was nonrefundable unless the hotel agreed to cancel this, and after waiting upstairs for the hotel desk clerk to respond while I was on hold, I was told by Expedia that the hotel would not refund this without some type of documentation showing that my brother was indeed ill.
My brother sent the documentation showing his diagnosis, and the clerk said she would forward this to the manager. The following day, I received an email stating that the hotel manager REFUSED to issue a refund! The most he agreed to do was to "consider" applying this to "a future date."
Are you kidding me? Shame on the general manager of this hotel! I hope this readers of review will consider boycotting this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A shining jewel in the heart of Allen, Texas - The Holiday Inn Express & Suites offers tradition, luxury and sophistication, all at an affordable price. The hotel's location is prime, near city of Dallas, Plano, Richardson, McKinney, Frisco and Fairview with companies such as Finisar, Experian, Raytheon, FSI, The Ballfields at Craig Ranch, Jack Henry all at its doorsteps. A brand new 1940's Hollywood themed hotel, decorated with luxurious marble, tile, and a unique style. This hotel adds all the amenities of today's business and leisure travellers. State-of-the-art fitness center, I-Home radio, 26 inch flat screen Dell TVs, complimentary wired and wireless Internet, refrigerator in every room, Simply Smart bedding and exclusive Holiday Inn Express Breakfast will make Holiday Inn Express your home away from home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allen North - Event Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Allen North - Event Center
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allen North - Event Hotel Allen
- Holiday Inn Allen
- Allen Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Allen