“Nice little touches”

Hampton Inn and Suites - Dallas Allen
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Allen
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

I must say that there has been a great improvement in the complimentary breakfast experience since the last time we were here. Booked on Hotels.com for $99 for one night which included a very nice complimentary breakfast. Liked the inspirational quotes written on the bananas. We asked and found out that it was the managers idea. Kudos to you! Room was comfortable and clean. Nice little touches like Neutrogena shampoo, conditioner and soaps. This was our second stay here and we will be back!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hampton D, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites - Dallas Allen, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear TravelingTexasGal,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review you gave us back in May! I had just implemented the "food for thought" on our bananas after attending our annual GM conference for all the Hampton GMs and seeing the idea used in one of our Scotland properties. I'm so glad to get feedback that this idea is well received.
Looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed April 26, 2014

This is a very nice Hampton with all of the regular perks you would expect to find. One bonus I liked is the exercise room. It was well serviced and clean with plenty of equipment. The staff at this hotel is very good, fast with service and follow up to make sure all is well. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Hampton D, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites - Dallas Allen, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear Rollinsthomas,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Not only are you helping all our future potential guests, you are helping us as a team here at the Hampton. We truly appreciate you!

Reviewed April 26, 2014

I stay at a lot of Hampton Inns and this is probably the best one yet. Will definitely stay there again on my next trip. If there was a down side, it was the lack of a hot tub / jucuzzi. However, this was a great hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Brian E F,

Thanks so much for the wonderful review! Stop by the desk on your next trip to Allen, we'd love to meet another member of our extended family!

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Clean rooms and courteous staff. The pool and gym are a bit small but I did not use any of these services so there was no issue for me personally. One issue that anooyed me was the internet connection which varied during the entire stay. I will be returning to this Hotel again during my next stay in Allen.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Blaise S,

Thanks for the review of your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites- Allen! We appreciate that you will be staying with us again on your next trip this way. Please stop by the desk and ask for a manager so that we can get a better idea of exactly what the internet issue was with your stay as we want you to be more than satisfied!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Pleased with our stay at this hotel - will be in the area again several times over the next 4 months and plan to stay at this hotel again on those trips. The hotel was busy but the noise level in our suite was quiet and relaxing.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton D, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites - Dallas Allen, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Crystal P,

Thanks for staying and reviewing our Hotel! Looking forward to your next visit. Please stop by and let us know how we can earn the perfect 5 rating!
Respectfully,

Management

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We regularly stay at Hampton Inns. Our normal stop in Plano was booked, so we decided to try this one. The location is super. It's easily accessible from Hwy 75, is not far from restaurants, and is within walking distance of an outlet mall (but take the car--the outlet mall is very spread out!). Having recently read holyrood's comments about staff not speaking much, I especially took notice of this. Check in was smooth and the guy at the desk asked if everything was ok every time he saw us. The next morning we were at breakfast early. I've made plenty of Hampton Inn waffles and I noticed the batter was very runny and obviously needed stirring. Nobody was around to help, so I stuck my head in the kitchen, saw the breakfast lady, and politely told her the issue. She got a whisk and stirred the batter. She uttered not a word--no "Sorry about that" or "Thanks for letting me know", nor did she smile at all. I have never seen a more dour Hampton Inn employee. To her credit, everything was fairly warm and the area was clean, but I never saw her leave the kitchen. The Breakfadt people can be key to customer satisfaction. We still are loyal to an Austin HI nearly 20 years after our first stay because of the vibrant and helpful breakfast lady they had. And she's been gone for years. At checkout, the man at the desk did say, "Thank you" but no asking how the stay was or "Have a safe trip" even. I think there's a lot more staff work to be done.
I will give them kudos of the highest level because their room information on the Hilton Honors website actually says in plain language that king rooms do not have bathtubs. Most try to hide that fact and it's my greatest peeve with Hampton. However, king suites weren't much more than king rooms, so that's what we got in order to have a tub. It wasn't really a suite. It was one room with a fridge, microwave, sitting area, and bed area. However, it was spacious, very clean, and had Neutrogena amenities. We would definitely stay there again. It would be a top notch property if the staff could muster a kind word or two.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Striggs,

Thanks for the detailed and therefore very helpful review! We appreciate you letting us know the areas we need to focus on, and we are on it!

Looking forward to your next stay!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I recently stayed here for six nights and was, overall, very pleased with my visit. Although the hotel seemed to be fully booked on several nights, it was very quiet. My room was spotlessly clean, very comfortable, and included a microwave and refrigerator.

The daily complimentary breakfast was quite extensive with a nice variety of hot and cold items.

My only complaint was that any sense of hospitality was missing. It was as if the hotel staff has been instructed not to interact with the guests. Passing the front desk on my first morning there, I said "Good morning" to the fellow behind the desk. He looked up from his work, said nothing, and returned to the papers on the desk. Two days later it was the same with the lady who takes care of the breakfast buffet. My greeting to her was met with total silence.

When checking out, I turned my keys in at the front desk. The gentleman there said "OK". I guess I was expecting a "How was your stay?" or "Have a nice day", etc.

I'm rather surprised that a hotel would not try to maintain a pleasant atmosphere which might encourage guests to make return visits.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Hampton D, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites - Dallas Allen, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Holyrood,

Thanks for taking the time and caring enough to give your feedback on your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Allen. I want to apologize that you did not receive the hospitality that we are usually known for, that is unacceptable and we are on this! March is crazy busy as it's spring break somewhere all month and Allen has become quite the tourist attraction. While this much activity can be a challenge, it is one we should be appreciative for and show this with every interaction. Overall, I am glad you still liked our Hotel and do hope you will be back with us on your next trip to Allen!