“Tournament Weekend”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Allen
Grand Prairie, Texas
“Tournament Weekend”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My grandson had a baseball tournament over the weekend and we decided to stay close instead of driving back and forth, so we picked this hotel. It was an Excellent hotel. After being in the hot sun for 2 days the room was a welcome haven for us. The A/C worked wonderfully. Rooms were very comfortable and very clean... Hotel is right next to an Outlet Mall, which is within walking distance. Lots of restaurants around. I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton D, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites - Dallas Allen, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thanks jesatx!

We are so grateful you chose us over any other choice you had and are glad we didn't let you down at such a memorable weekend as your grandsons tournament! I am sooo fortunate to have a great property, in a great location, staffed by great and hard working people... we are a family looking forward to having you back in our home! :-)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Colorado Springs
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I would like to compliment the staff at this hotel. They were very friendly, accomaditing and went out their way to make sure of your comfortibility, assistance. The rooms were in very good shape and they made my whole stay wonderful. I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends and family that would be visiting this area. I would also like to thank the house keeping staff. They did an excellent job especially with the work load they had with our stay for our family reunion.

ljohn21752,

What an awesome review! Thank you sooo much and we hope to see you again at next years reunion! Stop by and introduce yourself, always eager to meet the people who help to pay our paycheck!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Hampton Inn in Allen, Tx is located adjacent to the Premium Outlet Mall. There were 9 of us who spent the weekend there, taking advantage of the close proximity to the mall, the free breakfast and the breakfast room where we played games at night. An overall positive experience!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for the great review and we hope to see you again soon!
Red Oak
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This hotel was the cleanest hotel I have visited. Their website said to pardon their dust because of renovations. They did a great job of cleaning up at the end of the day and their guest rooms were pristine. The breakfast was awesome with a friendly inviting breakfast staff.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton D, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites - Dallas Allen, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Marcella M,

Thank you not only for noticing our efforts at making any interruption to your stay less invasive, but also noticing that even our owners take pride in assuring only experienced and the best in the business are awarded the task of renovating their properties!
Hats off to YOU, our guests for your patience and understanding during the whole process! Looking forward to seeing you again real soon!
Allen, United States
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Our family visits the Allen & Frisco, Tx area several times a year. This is an excellent location for shopping, dinning and family fun. The location is easily excessible from highway 75 or Texas 121. The rooms are clean and comfortable and recently remodeled. The staff is always very helpful and the breakfast buffet has a great selection.

Thanks Aaron S,

Your feedback is always appreciated and we are so glad you choose us for your trips to the Allen/Frisco area!
Looking forward to seeing you again soon!
CIncinnati, United States
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great experience as I have come to expect out of all the Hampton brand. Friendly staff and clean rooms! The Hampton brand is very business traveler friendly! I always know that I will be taken care of when I stay at a Hampton Inn!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Joe L,

Thanks Joe L, we appreciate your taking the time to offer feedback...it's helps not not only your fellow travellers, but your overnight Hosts as well!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here during a family reunion weekend. I've stayed at several Hamptons around the US, but this one is by far the best one I've had the pleasure of staying in. We were placed on one of the remodeled floors, so everything was spotless. We got the double-queen room and were quite satisfied.

Some of the things I noticed that really made this hotel stand out:

1) They was the duvets between guests. My wife hates staying in hotels due to how dirty the sheets/comforter is (if you believe the Dateline TV shows). But when you walk into the room, there's a note stating that the duvet was cleaned. At first I thought this was a marketing ploy, but I saw the roomservice crew hauling around clean duvets for other rooms.

2) The towels and washcloths are above the toilet, but they are in a cubby - this prevents toilet splash getting on the towels when the toilet is flushed. Another big plus in my book. I dont like it when hotels put towels on a towel-rack over the toilet.

3) The staff - the front desk really went out of their way for us. While sitting in the lobby, we found some pictures and colors for our kids to use. Without asking, the lady behind the counter printed up some Disney specific pictures for our kids (and even went back for more after our kids asked for specific characters). This level of customer service was very impressive. I love it when the staff proactively looks for ways to provide customer service.

4) The rooms were quiet. I always fear for the people below us because our kids, despite our attempts to stop them, run and stomp. You can normally hear the echo in the floor, so you know it's bothering the people below. The floors were solid, which leads me to believe that the downstairs people weren't affected (I hope anyways). We never heard our neighbors upstairs. In fact, we didn't hear our next door neighbors either.

5) Beds seemed new and were very comfortable.

The downsides of this hotel (only one):

1) The only downside of the hotel I saw was the size of the breakfast area. They only had about 12 tables (seating for maybe 40 people) in the breakfast area. During the breakfast rush, it became an issue to find a seat for 4. If they had an overflow area, it wasn't well marked.

2) Remodel seems in progress. Starting around 9 am, we head some faint hammering. I would assume that they are still making renovations. However, from our room, the noise was minimal and not really that bad. However, if your room was next to one being renovated, then it might be more than a minor inconvenience. Check with the desk to ensure you're not right next to a room being worked on.

I would highly recommend this hotel if you're in the area. The price was good and the accommodations were top-notch.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
RedRaider97,

Thanks so much for the detailed raves about your recent stay at our hotel here in Allen, Texas! Looking forward to your return visit, hopefully you will see that seating has improved. This particular Hotel has a high leisure market which means high occupancy in each room which leads to possible challenges in breakfast on sold out days. We always manage to make it work, as I hope you will agree!
Drop by and introduce yourself, we would love to meet you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Allen
La Quinta Inn & Suites Allen at The Village
Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center
Homewood Suites Dallas/Allen
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allen North - Event Center
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen
Sheraton McKinney Hotel
Sheraton McKinney Hotel
#2 of 16 in McKinney

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites - Dallas Allen? Share your experiences!