“Great food, good service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #55 of 221 Restaurants in Allen
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Allen, Texas
“Great food, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

The food is good and the ambiance is exotic. Try the Bahmi chicken stir fry. It's wonderful! It's full of chicken and veggies and ramen noodles with a sesame oil. I get it every time I go there.

Visited July 2012

Plano
“Excellent Thai food in Allen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Beautiful place with excellent service, food, prices and atmosphere. Started off with the sunwrapped shrimp and crab and cream cheese rolls and they were outstanding. Then moved on to Chicken Pad Thai and the Mango Salmon. Both my wife and i were very impressed with the decor, music and flavors. My favorite new Thai restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Creative Thai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Samui Thai has never failed to please our palettes. We love the appetizer tray that gives plenty for 2 and a good variety. Service is good, and we never have had to wait for a table.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mussoorie, India
“Yum and Yum.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

The three of us in the family start off with the Sunwrapped Shrimp, which is shrimp that is wrapped in a wonton and seasoned with cilantro with a sriracha cream sauce which comes on the plated in a decorative swirl. Perfectly cooked with a nice crunch, but could use a bit more cilantro flavor was lost but the shrimp was delicious and the sriracha sauce was a nice compliment.

While I am no fan of calamari, my wife and daughter are, and they split the Crisp Calamari and they gave it a big thumbs up. Have to take their word on that.

My daughter ordered the Pad Thai with tofu and it was a nice mix of peanuts, scallions, bean sprouts, with a generous toss of tamarind paprika sauce. It was lively in flavors and the tofu held up to the cooking and didn't fall apart staying firm.

My Singapore Stir-Fry was discussed before ordering because I like my food hot. And Thai restaurants are such places to get things hot. Many times I ask for hot, and I don't get it because the American palate just is dialed way down on the hot scale. I explained to the waitress that I did indeed want it hot! I was introduced to Thai food by Thai natives and I want it hot. With a sly smile she said ok, and that she understood.

The dish is angelhair noodles n yellow curry powder with eggs, snowpeas, beansprouts, onions, and carrots. Topped off with crispy shallots, Sadly the crispy shallots were too few, but they got the spice right! It was spicy indeed.

It was unusual in that there was a flavor that reminded me of 5 spices on the front end but quickly evaporated and then the flavors mingled each other and it made my mouth tingle but not too much.

My wifes Lard Gai was on par with the other delicious choices. I like my Larb to have some rice powder which this one lacked, but the rice powder isn't to everyone tastes I do understand. The mint and lemongrass was not as potent as I would like them to be but as one who has made my own Larb for years and order it at every Thai restaurant to use it as a gauge I am a Larb snob and I admit it. This was one of the best restaurant Larbs I have had, but if you are not a Larb snob I think you would have not problems at all with it.

We all ate our fill and still walked out with a full box for a hearty second meal.

Just like the Samui Thai in Plano the atmosphere is just awesome. In Plano they have curtains of small shells and in Plano they have curtains of chain-mail that is quite interesting against the backdrop of bamboo and asian flavored decorations. The booths are semi circles and are very comfortable.

Great food at a reasonable price, great service, and truly asian flavors make it a winning combination.

• Visited May 2012
Allen, Texas
“Silver Thai, formerly Samui in Allen TX”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

Love this place! Service is great, food is great. The Manager, Ken, never forgets a face.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Silver Thai Cuisine? Share your experiences!