“Great food and people”

Hedary's Mediterranean Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Hedary's Mediterranean Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 228 Restaurants in Allen
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This is a great little find. The restaurant is in a house over 100 years old and run by great folks with excellent restaurant history in Plano. From the start when you see all the fresh vegetables in the front garden you know you are in for a treat. All the food I have tried so far has been great. And as with little non-chain places, you get to talk with the people there and see how passionate they are about what they do. On our last visit we asked about the bread and got to hear how it is made. Badhi ('pronounced close to Buddy') even came out to play the accordion for us. It was one of the best restaurant evenings we have had. Always one of our favorites. Grandma was on the accordion visit with us and could not stop talking about this place.

Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

We have visited this restaurant several times and have never been disappointed. The pita bread is made fresh on site and comes out piping hot and delicious! We tried a few main courses but always come back for the large sampler appetizer that has 10 different samples of Mediterranean excellence. Can not say enough about the food. A must try. It is also BYOB so bring a bottle of wine.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

The minute you get there u see the fresh vegetable garden on the front lawn. The restaurant is tucked away in a little house. The food was excellent. The hummus and salad is wonderful. When our kids asked about how the bread was made the waiter took them to the oven to show them. So ready to go back again.

1  Thank mfenet
Reviewed May 30, 2012

While in Dallas for a few days, I looked online for Mediterranean restaurants. Boy, am I glad I found this one. Everything was so fresh and flavorful, every bite was a treat. I had the Mini Mezza, and they almost didn't have to wash the plates!! Then I had the wonderful grilled salmon, which was served with a roasted veggie medley straight from the garden out front: eggplant, squash, onions, peppers = to die for!! Also on the side was the best, most delicious rice I've ever had. I finished with the baklava and Turkish coffee!! It just seems wrong to be that happy over food, but.....

1  Thank Suemscott
Reviewed May 30, 2012

My wife and I tried this place on a whim, since we've seen it a few times as we passed by on McDermott. Wow. I only wish we'd found it sooner. This place is awesome.

GOOD
-Great food
-Not expensive
-Cool/quaint atmosphere
-Very attentive and friendly staff
-They have a small garden in the front yard for growing their own herbs! Very cool.

BAD
-location is hard to find (hope this doesn't affect the place's staying power)
-the waiter cracked one off-color joke. Not too professional, but forgivable. He apologized and was very friendly and attentive throughout.

Overall, 5 stars. One of Allen's newest hidden treasures. Hope it survives the location of death. (2 other restaurants have been in that house and failed)

Get the hummus. So so good.

Been to Hedary's Mediterranean Grill? Share your experiences!