“OK, but Breakfast Staff Needs Work” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen

Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Allen
Springfield, Missouri
“OK, but Breakfast Staff Needs Work”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel twice in October 2012. In both instance, it was OK. Rooms were typical Hilton hotel rooms--nothing remarkably good or bad. However, they appear to only provide several newspapers for an entire hotel floor in the morning and leave them near the elevator (so get up early if you want one). The breakfast staff appears to believe their job is to stand around and talk. On both of my trips, they did little or nothing to help guests. The manager needs to explain their job description to them. They are about as LAZY as possible.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Fayaya
HGI_AllenTX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. I will address the problems you encountered with our servers during your breakfast experience. I apologize it wasn't as it should be. I do hope you will give us another try. Your business is important to us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Korean first
Springhill, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We love staying at this Hilton in Allen. We stay there quite often. The only complaint this past week-end was our bed. It was horrible. Neither my husband or me got any sleep because of how uncomfortable the bed was. It felt like it had a board under it and something hard in the middle. We were in room 419.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
HGI_AllenTX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen. I appreciate you letting us know about the problems you encountered with the bed in your room. I do apologize for your inconvenience. I will be happy to speak with you further about the experience so that we make sure all issues are resolved. Please call the General Manager at 214-547-1700.
Ball Ground, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed 3 nights here with 3 other family members families. It was my husbands mother's 85 th birthday. Our stay was very nice, the room was large and clean. One of the other families had children, they loved the pool.
My only complaint was with the server at the breakfast. She left the towel she was cleaning tables with on a table so I was able to get it and wipe our table. She finally came back and got the towel and asked us what we wanted to drink, she brought the coke and oj but never brought the 2 coffees. The food was good but the service was not so much.

• 3 of 5 stars
HGI_AllenTX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your visit overall. We will address the problems you encountered with our servers during your breakfast experience. I apologize it wasn't as it should be. I do hope you will give us another try. Your business is important to us.
Longview, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed there for three days and was very happy with everything. The staff is excellent. When i entered my room it smelled like smoke so the man at the desk changed my room. I had trouble faxing something so they did it personally for me. On the day of checkout it was pouring with rain. The front desk clerk drove my car into the covered area so we didnt get wet. Cant ask for better service. Definently stay again!!!

• 5 of 5 stars
HGI_AllenTX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
We appreciate your feedback about our hotel. Thank you for your business. We are looking forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Only stayed for one night but wish we would have stayed for more! We bought a king room with a whirlpool and it was awesome! The water came out at a reasonable speed and it was big enough to fit four! The room was spacious and also came with a microwave and fridge which was good. The sleep number bed was sooo comfortable. It relieved the pain I was feeling in my back for the past weeks. Definitely plan on staying again in the future!

• Stayed July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your feedback for the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. Please visit again soon.
Conroe, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Booked via priceline. Since it was a priceline booking they had put us in a king bed and we need two beds. They were happy to do that for us. Clerk at front desk was very friendly. We were only there overnight so didn't get to enjoy the pool. Rooms were clean and beds comfy. Had a room on the back and no road noise. Could have used another towel in the room.

Room Tip: Ask for room not facing the interstate.
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your kind words, which I have shared with our team at the Hilton Garden Inn. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your visit, and look forward to seeing you soon.
Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I only stayed in this hotel one night, and picked it based on it's proximity to the Allen Outlets and Village. It was only an easy five minute drive from the outlets, located right off the highway. There were several restaurants near by, and a Starbucks a couple of doors down which was very convenient. The hotel was a bit older, but still clean and well maintained. I did not use the pool area, but it looked like a nice outdoor pool. I did not eat in the restaurant in the hotel, but liked that it was there if needed. I had a king standard room. It was clean and comfortable. There was a desk with chair, a chair with ottoman, a flat screen tv, king bed, mini frig and microwave, and spacious bathroom. Check in and check out were easy. The hotel is directly off the highway so there was road noise, but overall was not bothersome. I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
HGI_AllenTX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for your recent feedback, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Allen
Homewood Suites Dallas/Allen
Hampton Inn and Suites - Dallas Allen
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allen North - Event Center
Courtyard Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Allen at The Village
Quality Inn Allen - Plano East

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen? Share your experiences!