“Great location, nice stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Allen
Oklahoma
“Great location, nice stay”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I only stayed in this hotel one night, and picked it based on it's proximity to the Allen Outlets and Village. It was only an easy five minute drive from the outlets, located right off the highway. There were several restaurants near by, and a Starbucks a couple of doors down which was very convenient. The hotel was a bit older, but still clean and well maintained. I did not use the pool area, but it looked like a nice outdoor pool. I did not eat in the restaurant in the hotel, but liked that it was there if needed. I had a king standard room. It was clean and comfortable. There was a desk with chair, a chair with ottoman, a flat screen tv, king bed, mini frig and microwave, and spacious bathroom. Check in and check out were easy. The hotel is directly off the highway so there was road noise, but overall was not bothersome. I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
HGI_AllenTX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for your recent feedback, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Korean first
Bryan, Texas
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed here for two nights over the weekend thanks to a bid on priceline. I had low expectations due to other reviewers feedback. I was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the room and bathroom as well as the friendliness of all the staff. Check-in and check-out was a breeze and super fast. This hotel has a bar that is open from 5-10pm as well as room service with decent prices. We loved the pool and wished it was open later than 10pm but it was great that we could take our drinks from the bar out there! The rooms have a microwave and refrigerator which is very convenient and the location of the hotel is EXCELLENT! This hotel is close to the outlet mall, great restaurants and lots of nearby activities. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family without hesitation!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel as the freeway noise can be too much for some people bu...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
HGI_AllenTX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. We focus on personalizing the guest experience with a passion to serve. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your visit with us and hope to see you back soon.
Reston, VA
Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

Checking in on a hot afternoon, we hit the (small) pool. The water was dirty and cloudy. Dead bugs and plant debris floated in the water. After I complained they shut down the pool promising to clean it. Next day the water was a little better. I don't know if they check ph etc. Sleeping that might we were woken up by incessant beeps from the smoke alarm whose battery was failing. A complaint and they fixed it. Bathroom was old. This supposedly renovated hotel needs a lot more. Location on hwy 75 close to a mall is good. Staff were friendly and breakfast was good. However, I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Dustoff_8
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I appreciate you letting us know about the problems you encountered at our hotel. I will be happy to speak with you further about the experience so that we make sure all issues are resolved. Please call the General Manager at 214-547-1700. In the meantime, I will be working diligently with our staff to make positive changes.
San Diego
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I had to make a last minute arrangement for a room north of Dallas. There were several a few 3 stars or better hotels in the area, but they were all going for a high rate. Then I contacted Hilton and was offered a room at half the going rate. I was half expecting to be disappointed when I arrived late at night. But I found the room not only to be clean and comfortable (despite outside temperatures in excess of 100), but the kingsize bed was one of the most comfortable I have found. The room was spacious with a very nice ergonomic desk chair and lounge chair with ottoman. The staff was cordial and helpful despite the fact that there were several junior soccer league teams staying and scurrying about the hotel as youngsters are inclined to do. Room service even tidied up my personal belongings left out and made sure I had plenty of fresh towels. The location was convenient to several places to eat. Parking was free--something I really appreciate these days when many hotels charge a fortune. Free Wifi and printer made it convenient to get my boarding pass well ahead of time.

Room Tip: Because the hotel is off a freeway feeder, learn the U-turn system used in Dallas that saves you tim...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your review on the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. Please visit again soon.
Mesquite, Tx
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I have never been disappointed in a bed in a Hilton. The staff was friendly, but the toilet seat was loose. I would stay there again. It is a good value.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you for your feedback for the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed May 7, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn in Allen provides just about what you'd expect from a hotel that seems to cater to business travelers alongside a major highway. This is not a hotel I'd want to spend my days at, but it's not a bad place to spend the night when on a business trip with colleagues or on a road trip with the family.

The rooms are good. My room had 2 queen size beds, with semi-adjustable mattresses and excellent pillows. The only trouble was adjusting the bed-side lamp for reading in bed -- there's only one lamp, so be aware if you are sharing a room with someone. The room was clean, with a fridge/microwave area, a desk (with free wifi), and a nice flat-panel TV (with plenty of HD channels to choose from). The bathroom was a bit plain, but in good repair and clean.

The lobby area is inviting, with a restaurant on-site (breakfast is not included) and a small store that sells snacks, etc.. The staff are friendly. Avoid the cookies that are available in the lobby in the evenings... they just don't taste right.

There's an outdoor pool and a small fitness facility. The fitness facility had 2 treadmills, an elliptical machine, and some weights. The room was good, but too small in comparison to a 5-story hotel (the machines were full in the morning). Thankfully, the neighborhood near the hotel seemed safe, so I walked outside for exercise.

Overall, this is an above-average hotel for it's class and area. Ask for an even-numbered room to avoid road noise.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms are away from the highway.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SDSUGRAD
HGI_AllenTX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. You feedback is very important to me and the team at the HiltonGarden Inn Dallas/Allen. Your business is greatly valued to us. We hope you will stay with us again soon.
Lake County, Indiana
Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

Hotel lobby atmosphere is very pleasant, staff is friendly, and it's a nice place. Had an issue with a bug in my room that was attended to immediately. Unlike other posts, my bed was comfortable and my room was quiet. Hotel location is among many decent restaurants in the area. Only complaint - $6.00 for a beer at the hotel lounge! We had a large group of over 20 who went to eat next door specifically because of the bar prices.

Stayed April 2012
2 Thank TakeMeHome2
HGI_AllenTX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your visit overall. I hope you will be able to visit us soon. You are important to us.