“School Team Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Allen
Van
“School Team Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

What a great hotel. Breakfast was amazing, and the rooms were comfortable, and well equipped. We have stayed there before, during our regional tennis tournament, and we will stay there again next year!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HGI_AllenTX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
We appreciate your comments about our hotel. Thank you for your business. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Korean first
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

This was one of my better stays in a while. The staff was always very friendly and knew the area very well. They gave us many dining options and suggestions. We came in for some shopping and the hotel was very convenient & affordable. The room was clean, fresh and comfortable. Keep up the good work.....We'll be back!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review about your recent stay. I am happy to hear about the good experience you had. Our guest’s satisfaction is our number one priority. We hope to see you soon.
Oklahoma City, OK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

I had a bad experience from the point I came to check in. When we came to check in, there were 5 people in line and 1 person at the desk. It took 20min to even get to me to check in. I paid $109 as I previously arranged on an online reservation (even though I heard the 5 people in front of my pay $89/night). After checking in the room was a typical appearing room. After checking in we went and ate dinner, then after eating we decided we would just rent a movie in the room for the night.

Well, I haven't been in a hotel room in 15 years that doesn't have in-room movie rentals, but somehow they don't. We decided this must be an error so we were going to call down when the phone next to the bed wont work (still don't know why it wont work). My wife called down from the other phone in the room to confirm they do not have a movie rental service and they told us they have HBO that we can watch. Unfortunately it had some made-for-HBO adult-rated special on. We then decided to just watch a cable t.v. show, but had difficulty hearing the t.v. over our A/C so we called again, and the person answering the phone seemed to have no clue how their t.v's worked and told us she would call us back. She called back about 5min later telling us that their max is 1/2 of the t.v. volume as to not disturb other guests, but we would use the closed caption.... I'm not deaf, and if your walls are so thin that a 1/2 volume t.v. will disturb the next door neighbor, get better insulation. Don't prevent me from being able to hear the t.v. (And we are only 29 years-old, we don't have hearing problems).

Now I'm typically not 1 to run straight to the internet and give a bad review after a couple of things don't go my way. The reason for this review is because I used the reviews from this web page to make the decision to stay here. I would not stay here again, especially at the rate I paid. I'm not 1 to have buyers remorse and regret paying the $. The $ isn't that big of a deal. The issue is what I got for my money which isn't more than 15 cable channels and HBO and a bed with a bathroom. None of the luxury you expect when staying at this level of a hotel.

Room Tip: Unless the location here is exactly where you want to be, try somewhere else.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ScottERogers
HGI_AllenTX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

Sheets were stained and dirty when we arrived. Had to have them change them.The bed was absolutely horrible. Worst night sleep we've had in years. The managers were rude and difficult. I am extremely surprised this hotel is working in this manner under Hilton's name. We will not be back to this hotel. We were told a room was not available... called back in 2 minutes later and were told that there were several. People seemed almost incompetent. They did nothing to go above the minimal service required. Did I mention they were rude and had a horrible attitude? We heard cars driving on the highway all night long. It was very loud.

Room Tip: pick a different hotel.
3 Thank Michael F
HGI_AllenTX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
I am sorry to hear about the problems you encountered at our hotel. I appreciate you letting me so that can improve our service. I will be happy to speak with you further about the experience so that we make sure all issues are resolved. Please call the General Manager at 214-547-1700. In the meantime, I will be working diligently with our staff to make positive changes.
Frisco, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

We are due to check in on Saturday, April 14th 2012- hopefully all goes well. I was told this evening just after confirming our room through Priceline that there were no other rooms left with a sleeper sofa and king bed. The person I spoke with had some intense sarcasm and mocked me at one point. I eventually got my question somewhat answered. The conversation ended with "I should cancel my current reservation through priceline and then redo it to get the room that we want"... this is odd- there's still a day before we head that direction and I see now that there are several other hotels in the area that offer free breakfasts and are ranked higher on all this site. I didn't even attempt to ask about breakfast considering the guy wanted to get off the phone really quickly. If I decide to keep this reservation and all things go well, I would be MORE THAN HAPPY to come back and give a 5star rating. We shall see..... :oX

1 Thank Whitney F
HGI_AllenTX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you for letting me know about the situation you experienced when calling the hotel. I am very sorry that you did not receive excellent service. If you will please call the hotel and ask to speak with the general manager, I will be happy to resolve the problems you encountered. Thank you for the feedback. It helps us improve our service.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

Comfortable, friendly, spacious rooms, at a good value for a chain hotel. Has quick LBJ freeway access. Starbucks nearby.

Room Tip: The odd number rooms are on the freeway side so there is some traffic noise, so try to get an even n...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HGI_AllenTX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for staying with us!
Hurst, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

Visited the Allen Hilton Garden Inn for two evenings. I did enjoy the stay. The room was spacious, everything worked as advertised, the bedding was clean and very comfortable and the wireless internet was fast. I did have to mess with the room thermostat to get in adjusted to my liking and never really understood how it worked or got the temp perfectly adjusted to my liking Checkin was fast and efficient. If I was in the area and needed lodging, I'd certain look them up again. Oh, I got a wonder rate by "Naming My Own Price". I did not try to restaurant because there were other closeby options that were not as expensive. I'm sure it was great, if you were on an expense account. But I was not.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HGI_AllenTX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Dear David76054,

Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed our hospitality and hope you are able to visit us again soon. Thank you for letting me know about the room thermostat. I will ask our team members to make sure they are set comfortably for each guest. I hope to see you soon.