“Wonderful Hotel and Staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Allen
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Allen. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and very comfortable, and the food is amazing. I will defiantly be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
HGI_AllenTX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We take great pride in trying to accommodate our guests and provide them with the best possible experience and service while visiting our area.

We appreciate you staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen and look forward to your future return.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Relatively new hotel that is clean, reasonably priced and has a very good breakfast buffet. Rooms are comfortable but not luxurious and have all the usual amenities. Typical of the Hilton Garden Inn branded hotels really. However the hotel is located beside a very busy highway and the traffic noise can be an unwelcome intrusion.

OK for a road-trip stop over or a short business trip.

Room Tip: Get at room that does not overlook the highway
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ivanrmcc
HGI Allen D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2015

ivanrmcc,

I am the new GM at the HGI in Allen and I am going through the reviews left by ALL our guests since opening!
Thanks for taking the time to make your fellow travelers (and I) aware of how your stay was. I am sorry that you endured traffic noise on your stay. It's interesting that some people hear it and some do not, luckily we have half our rooms facing away from the interstate to eliminate that problem!
Isn't it awesome to know that you are appreciated and still impacting others 4 years later!

Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed at this Holiday Inn property while going to a graduation in Allen and it was nice. When we arrived there was some mix up with the room and when we got to our room it was occupied ... they told us it wasn't occupied but they would have it cleaned by that night. We left to attend the graduation and party afterwards at Lucas. When we arrived late that night and tried to enter our room, guess what ... it was occupied!!! We did get another room and it was okay. There was some sort of church revival and so the place was packed! We could get no extra pillows or blankets. I will say that the rooms were clean and the pool was pretty empty since everyone was doing the church thing inside. All in all it is acceptable and I would stay again, but not if I found out some other large group was having an event there ... the staff clearly can't handle large groups plus the other guests.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

am88,

I am the new GM at the Hilton Garden Inn in Allen and I am going through the reviews left by ALL our guests since opening!
Were you actually reviewing a stay at the Holiday Inn as you stated in this review? I want you to know we do care, and if this is something that needs to be paid closer attention to at my property, I certainly will make a point to do so!

Reviewed July 22, 2011

I stayed here on a recent business trip where we had our meetings in the conference center at the hotel. When I arrived, I didn't get the room I requested, but the person at the desk was apologetic and the room I received was fine. Overall, my interactions with the staff on all shifts and position levels was very positive. Everyone was polite and helpful. The room actually looks like the pictures on the website. The fitness center has a couple of newer treadmills and a small cable machine. The hotel also offers a "stay fit kit" that you can check out from the front desk that has some resistance bands and other things. The food at the hotel is very good. The breakfast is not free in the morning but for about $10 you can get a great made to order omlette, pancakes, French toast, or a multitude of other things. Eduardo at the grill in the morning is more than happy to accommodate. They also provided the food (breakfast and lunch) for our meetings and it was very good. There is a Starbucks right next store as well as many food options very near by. Pool area is nice, too! Great place, very pleased.

• Stayed: July 2011

Michah214,

Thanks for taking the time to make your fellow travelers (and I) aware of how great your stay was.

Reviewed July 7, 2011

Stayed with 2 people in the 2 queen bed room. Booked the room with the breakfast coupon included. Breakfast area is roomy, like a restaurant. Great made to order omlettes and french toast. Would definately stay there again.
The staff were very pleasant and accomodating.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

LUVS2TRAVELn...

Reviewed June 26, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel on and off for more than five years, and with a few exceptions it has been clean with good service and friendly staff. It was remodeled a few years ago and now has a more modern look - the only issue is the comforters on the beds - they can be a bit tired looking, and in Texas when it's 100 degrees outside, the last thing needed is a thick comforter.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

MaureenODonnell,

Thanks for taking the time to make your fellow travelers (and I) aware of how your stay was. As far as the bedding goes, we do have a blanket available to use instead of the big comforter for those who prefer something lighter!

Reviewed May 31, 2011

The best way to describe our one night stay is to copy my response to the General Manager Ms.[-].

I can say the young woman I spoke with on the phone was indeed very nice as was the solo front desk clerk. The email confirming the reservation with the amenities offered was appreciated, especially the link to the weather. Our room was nicely furnished, roomy, and clean. The bath towels folded to look like the Hilton flower was a very nice touch.

However being short staffed nor exercising any reasonable control over the underage ball attendees that ran, yes ran, through the lobby constantly Saturday night then bright and early Sunday morning the car alarms of your conference center parishioners started. The hotel bar area has no waitstaff or bartender, the lounge that was unusable due to the children running through it, and then I find the room service is essentially is just a take out delivery service. Our bed was not adjustable as advertised and to top off our memorable stay my 2005 Corolla received it's very first door dent. (to serve as a reminder)

I believe your hotel has forgotten the main reason people book a hotel room and are focused on bookings for the ballroom and conference center at the expense of your hotel guests.

Obviously your email was in response to my, not so glowing, questionnaire answers. I find it trite and borderline insulting that you would bother to send me an email asking me to give your hotel another try without your even addressing any of my issues. My question is, why? Why would a second stay be different Ms. [-]?

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Lovie2

Lovie2,

Thanks for taking the time to make your fellow travelers (and I) aware of how your stay was back in May of 2011. I apologize that there were so many issues on your stay. I'm sure the former GM reached out and hopefully made you feel better about how we take care of our guests. Please do not take this in an insulting way- it is my way of making sure I am aware of issues, old and new, as I try to make a difference in this hotel that I have transferred too!