“Bad service ruins a great ambience”

Bonnie Ruth's Bistro in Water's Creek
Ranked #21 of 229 Restaurants in Allen
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We have eaten here numerous times and have always enjoyed the food. Service has always been average but last night it was really bad. Our waitress was very slow. We waited a very long time for our before dinner cocktails and when she finally brought out my wife's she informed me they were out of the liqueur that was used to make mine. She asked if I wanted something else and I asked her to give me a second to decide and she disappeared for another extended time. My wife was finished with her drink before I got mine with our salads. When I asked about getting a mixed greens dinner salad she did not inform me that we would get a side salad of mixed greens with our entree, so I ordered one. When I got our entree I was surprised to see the same salad on the plate. She never asked us if we wanted to see a dessert menu and when we eeventually got the bill, the original drink I had ordered that they didn't have was still on the bill. Overall a very unimpressive experience. Maybe she just started or was having a rough night, so we will give the restaurant another try if it survives. There were a lot of empty tables on a beautiful Saturday evening. One very big upside to this place is on a nice evening they open the French doors and it makes for a great dining experience. Too bad the bad service ruined it.

1  Thank RoyS783

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Lukewarm food, watered down martini and server handed us our plates. The singer had a good voice but backed by kareoke track. Just weird.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

A French bistro right here in the heart of Texas!! Wonderful lunch spot. Today we had soup (I had the corn chowder - it's fabulous!) and the two of us split the wild mushroom pizza. The have a fresh fruit tea that's pretty awesome as well.

Lovely ambience and nice wait staff make a great lunch!

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We ate at Bonnie Ruth's last night. Ahi tuna appetizer was great. Blackberry kir royale accompanied perfectly. Steak frites, chicken paillard and tuna sandwich all pleased as entrees. Shared warm chocolate cake for dessert. Pretty perfect.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

This restaurant offers a tasty range of options in a charming setting. The cocktail menu is quite intriguing as well.