“Yummy and romantic”

Cuisines: Wine Bar
McKinney, Texas, United States
“Yummy and romantic”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is a cozy spot, with good food, attentive service, and of course, great wine. I love the flight option so you can try different wines. Love the decor. A bit tight inside but this adds to the cozy factor.

• Visited February 2012

“Great Food and Ambiance!!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

This was our second time to eat at Cru and once again it was delicious! I do not even drink wine so I go for the food and it does not disappoint. They have appetizers, cheeses, salads and main entrees. They even made something for me that was not on the menu. Highly recommend this place!

Monterey, California
“Every town needs one of these...”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We were headed to the Cheesecake Factory, when we spotted Cru. My husband and I each had a flight and the fondue. Good service (young wait staff) and a GREAT wine list. We sat outside and listened to the free concert on the green. The inside was decorated very modern - quite impressive. A really nice experience overall. The only thing iffy about one of the flights - one of the wines was shown as being from Monterey County and it wasn't. It was from San Luis County. Still, I am looking forward to visiting Cru again, next time I'm in Allen.

• Visited June 2012
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Best wine bar in Norht Dallas area + great dinner menu”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We already knew the Dallas Crú- A Wine Bar location from having lived in the Uptown area, but now that we moved to McKinney we try to find restaurants closer to home. We were so happy to have discovered this place and were even happier with the location in the Watters Creek shopping center. This weekend was the second time we went there. Both times we enjoyed both the food and the wine. They have good options if you just want a few small bites with your glass of wine, but we opted to have a relaxed and romantic dinner while enjoying the view of the little river and beautifully landscaped and expansive court yard area.

We each started with a wine flight for which they offered ample choices, but afterwards had the waiter suggest some good wine pairings with our dinner. The lamb chop special was yummy and generous!

While having dinner we were saying to each other how perfect it would have been if we could have enjoyed live music, only to find out later while shopping that two weeks later in mid April they start their concert series by the creek again (and it lasts until October).

So you can enjoy your food, and wine and listen to live music at the same time. Every Saturday for the coming months. This just got more perfect. Definitely worth the five stars.

We've already planned to go back again now that

• Visited March 2012
Hurst, Texas
“Very nice...”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Visited Cru, as I was staying across the expressway. The place would be wonderful to bring that lady whom you are trying to impress. Great atmosphere, dim lighting and mood music. A large selection of wine either by the glass or bottle (although they tended to be on the expensive side). Service was quick and attentive. I orderd the PEI Mussels, which were steaming hot, full of flavor and loaded with garlic. I almost finished off all of the white wine broth by dipping the hard bread into it. WONDERFUL.

Visited January 2012

Been to Cru' A Wine Bar? Share your experiences!