“Best wine bar in Norht Dallas area + great dinner menu”
Review of Cru' A Wine Bar

Cru' A Wine Bar
Ranked #53 of 242 Restaurants in Allen
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We already knew the Dallas Crú- A Wine Bar location from having lived in the Uptown area, but now that we moved to McKinney we try to find restaurants closer to home. We were so happy to have discovered this place and were even happier with the location in the Watters Creek shopping center. This weekend was the second time we went there. Both times we enjoyed both the food and the wine. They have good options if you just want a few small bites with your glass of wine, but we opted to have a relaxed and romantic dinner while enjoying the view of the little river and beautifully landscaped and expansive court yard area.

We each started with a wine flight for which they offered ample choices, but afterwards had the waiter suggest some good wine pairings with our dinner. The lamb chop special was yummy and generous!

While having dinner we were saying to each other how perfect it would have been if we could have enjoyed live music, only to find out later while shopping that two weeks later in mid April they start their concert series by the creek again (and it lasts until October).

So you can enjoy your food, and wine and listen to live music at the same time. Every Saturday for the coming months. This just got more perfect. Definitely worth the five stars.

We've already planned to go back again now that

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Visited Cru, as I was staying across the expressway. The place would be wonderful to bring that lady whom you are trying to impress. Great atmosphere, dim lighting and mood music. A large selection of wine either by the glass or bottle (although they tended to be on the expensive side). Service was quick and attentive. I orderd the PEI Mussels, which were steaming hot, full of flavor and loaded with garlic. I almost finished off all of the white wine broth by dipping the hard bread into it. WONDERFUL.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

My husband found Cru and took us here for our last anniversary. I wasn't sure what to expect, but everything was spot on. I ordered a fish dish and my husband had a similar one and both of them were so good, all we did was say yum after every bite. I tried his and it was equally to die for. The cheese course was also yummy, they have several different ones. I would definitely try Cru, it was a very romantic place.

Been to Cru' A Wine Bar? Share your experiences!