“Great Sushi”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bethany and Watters
Description: ...The opposite of a quiet, intimate sushi bar, the Blue Fish is enormous, loud, stylish and good. Where else can you find a signature roll called El Cubano ($9.50)? It's spicy pork, jalapeno, cilantro, Jalapeno pepper and carrots, with a sweet and spicy sauce. What's most refreshing here is that the menu is all Japanese -- no Thai food to confuse the palate. And to be honest, sushi purists will find plenty to keep them interested. Live specials such as Spanish mackarel, Sea Urchin, Live Hottate(scallop), Black Bass, mirugai (giant clam) and much more.Order the Ahi Tower to see just how well the kitchen can plate. It's tuna tartar and sesame oil over snow crab and avocado salad on a bed of wasabi infused rice. It's almost tragic to watch the server destroy this architectural marvel table-side to make it easier to eat. The "cake" portion of spicy tuna on crispy rice cakes in uzu and garlic sauce. It's delicious...
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

This is the place for really fresh and great tasting sushi. This place was highly recommended by the locals I work with and being from out of state that goes a long way! The food is artfully arranged on the plate and tastes as good as it looks. The staff is very attentive for the lunch crowd so you can get in and out well within your lunch hour. Repeat visits are definitely planned!!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Business meeting and a good atmosphere for conversations. Tables are somewhat small but the staff is accommodating and will move tables around for a large group. The sushi was excellent. If you like beer the Kirin japanese beer is a good choice.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I've been a regular at Blue Fish in Allen since they opened, however after last night, I'll just have to look elsewhere. I have normally visited the Blue Fish with friends and last night was no exception. The food was outstanding and our server was attentive and not overbearing in any way. We ordered plenty of drinks and plenty of food to make our visit quite profitable for this restaurant. What ruined the whole experience was the 20% gratuity added to each of our tabs. Not a word was said when we received the bills, yet roughly $18 was added to all three tabs at our table. There is no possible way to justify adding 20% to a table with three couples simply because we each maintain separate checks. The table of six sitting next to us was not subject to the same 20%, yet we were. I find this to be a desperate, classless move by any restaurant and even more insulting when I'm a frequent diner. I've previously forgiven this restaurant for its deceptive lunch sushi special, but this in spite of the good food is too much and I simply will not spend my money here again. Our other favorite sushi restaurant in McKinney wouldn't dream of trying to dupe us with a hidden gratuity. I'm going to miss this place, but I have my standards.

1  Thank IRTravlin
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife and I went out for date night. We decided to go to Blue Fish in Allen. I have never had bad service at any of the Blue Fish restaurants. Well we sure had it last night. It took 15 minutes to get drinks...then we had to ask again. Everything was slow and we had to keep asking. The food is always good! I don't think I will go back to this one...too bad it is in a great area.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Very good, tasty and fresh food. I obviously recommend you the classic but excellent sushis and also the ahi tuna tower!!!

1  Thank Olivier_Luxon