Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Allen
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Normally not a Courtyard fan but have to say this property at Hammond had an upscale Marriott feel with an updated vibe. Nice lobby, bar space, cool gas fireplace very inviting. Very spacious room. Super location with a nice breakfast joint conveniently located across the parking lot. If going to Allen, this is a solid choice and decent value for the business traveler.

Room Tip: higher up offers dome nice view of the area
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Foodie2D
DORA D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for writing about us at Tripadvisor. We are very excited that you found our vibe and decor to be at the level of Marriotts.

We are glad you loved our location, your room and other areas of the hotel.

We hope to see you again everytime you visit the city of Allen.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I stay there very often for business travels. Nice place, nice rooms.
Very quiet in the evening but some pubs very close to the hotel.
Nice fitness room mad swimming pool. No restaurant but again many places around the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
DORA D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Guest:

I really appreciate the fact that you took the time to review us in Tripadvisor.

I am very excited that you liked our rooms and hotel overall. We do have 2 pubs within walking distance so they are very convenient. I am glad that you enjoyed our swimming pool as well as our fitness center.

We have a Bistro -restaurant that opens for breakfast and dinner (except on Sundays). However, we do have a lot of restaurant and fast food options within walking distance as well.

We hope you will consider us for all your hospitality needs while visiting the city of Allen.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

For $119 a night, I certainly got my monies worth. We actually had two rooms, and stayed for multiple nights. There were 7 of us, and our kids were playing in a soccer tournament in nearby McKinney. There were a few minor hiccups. I like to do an early check in, but it wasn't possible this time because the hotel was completely full (and likely people requesting late check outs). But that was disappointing because we couldn't get settled into the hotel before having to leave for the soccer fields. But that is me just nit-picking. The two queen rooms were very spacious, and very much enjoyed the bathroom area. Second hiccup to mention is a little bigger. We booked a block of rooms so our kids could all be together, but for some reason we were scattered all throughout the hotel on every floor. Not sure what happened there. Even my two rooms I had could only get on the same floor, they didn't have them next to each other. Sad face. And Weird! But, I love the area, plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. I think one day, we each stopped and got something from our favorite places close by (In and Out, Chedders, Panda Express, Canes, Chick Fil A, etc.). Epic. Movies, Mall, Target and everything else close by you need, including lots of coffee shops within a few hundred meters. Also ran into a former Presential candidate during our stay. And pool and workout areas were exceptional. Pretty good overall!

Room Tip: We were on the fifth floor, but all four elevators were working so you never had to wait long. You...

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay in Tripadvisor. I am sorry we could not keep your group all together in the same floor. We must have been pretty full the day before and that day in order for this to happen.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay overall as well as our amenities. We love the Village and shopping options around us and I am glad that they fulfilled your needs.

We hope to see you again for all your hospitality neeeds in Allen, TX.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We recently stayed in the Courtyard Marriott in Allen as part of a wedding party. My boyfriend and I were both in the wedding and the Marriott had great group rates for the wedding. They were very accommodating to all of us as we had many friends coming in and out of the hotel to visit and get ready in our rooms. The hotel also had a great lobby and meeting areas which was perfect when we had to meet up with family and friends to go to events.

Loved the location of the hotel the best. It's right off Highway 75 so it's easy to get anywhere. There are multiple restaurants and bars within walking distance and amazing shopping right across the street. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family who need to stay in the area.

Room Tip: The king bed room has a pull out couch, so if you're looking to save a few dollars, this less ex...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
DORA D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Guest:

I appreciate your comments in Tripadvisor. Thank you for taking the time to write about us.

We are so happy that you and your group really enjoyed your stay with us. We host a lot of wedding parties at our property and everytime we hope to do our best to help you enjoy such a great event.

We will be honored if you continue to choose us for all your hospitality needs in Allen.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times and it is extremely clean, quiet and the individuals working there are very friendly. The rooms are clean, feel new and are spacious. It is a great value for the area and it brings the quality I expect from Marriott.

Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us in Tripadvisor. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Courtyard.

Please, keep on choosing us for all your hospitality needs in Allen.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

The hotel is very nice. It's located close to plenty of shopping and restaurants. We only stayed one night and would love to stay again in the future. Good size rooms. Liked that the room had a balcony that you can actually use.

1  Thank 391oliviac
DORA D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for scoring us at the top of the rating during your stay. I really appreciate your review in Tripadvisor.

We are delighted that you liked our hotel, our strategic location as well as the amenities in your room.

I hope next time you get to enjoy our Courtyard area with our Firepit, as well as our indoor fireplace with library and the pool also.

Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard and we look foward to serve you in the future.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We stayed here for a friends wedding. The location was central, the room was nice, the staff were helpful, and the price was right. My only suggestion, they. Need more mirrors in the room. The bathroom had two but the rest of the room didn't have any. Not ideal when three girls are getting ready for a wedding. Small nit so otherwise, it was great.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
DORA D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear guest:

I really appreciate your comments in Tripadvisor. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I hope the wedding was a success and you had a wonderful time in Allen!. I am also delighted that you enjoyed our location, your room and our staff as well as our price. I will share your insight with our management team about the mirrors for future consideration. Next time you come visit us, we do have extra mirrors that we can send to rooms if requested. Just let us know.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to serve you again soon!

Guest Service Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Allen
Hampton Inn and Suites - Dallas Allen
La Quinta Inn & Suites Allen at The Village
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen
Hyatt Place Dallas/Allen
Sheraton McKinney Hotel
Sheraton McKinney Hotel
#2 of 16 in McKinney
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allen North - Event Center

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center

Address: 210 E Stacy Rd, Allen, TX 75002-8732
Location: United States > Texas > Allen
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
#4 Business Hotel in Allen
#5 Family Hotel in Allen
Price Range: $105 - $172 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center 3*
Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q Hammons Center sits conveniently where Hwy 75 and Stacy Road connect, in The Village at Allen. Our Allen, Texas hotel offers 228 guest rooms and suites, plus more than 15,000 square feet of flexible meeting space with opportunities to hold conferences and banquets here. Stay with us and enjoy a vibrant and inviting lobby with flexible spaces to work or relax. Eat breakfast and have evening cocktails at The Bistro restaurant at our hotel, and easily get to all of the top destinations in Allen and Dallas, including The Allen Events Center located next door and local corporations. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard Dallas Allen At The John q Hammons Hotel Allen