“Great Location Average hotel Bad Service”

Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Allen
Oklahoma City
“Great Location Average hotel Bad Service”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

The Courtyard by Marriot is in a Great location with lots of restaurants and shops within walking distance and right next to convention center.
The rooms are nice and beds are comfortable but bathrooms need fixing. The tile floor in our room was stained and shower head was dirty/rusty.
The other problem was check in was slow and clerk acted like she was doing me a favor letting me check in because she could not find my reservation even though I had a print out of it.
I am the customer check me in.

Stayed March 2014
DORA D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write about su in Trip advisor. I am glad that you enjoyed our location, the rooms and our comfortable beds. I am sorry the bathroom was not up to your expectation as well as the check in process.

Please, give us another opportunity in the future to offer you better service.

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott in Allen.

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Accidentially left my daughter's favorite bunny in the room and house keeping did not turn it in to lost & found. I've called hotel mulpital times asking about it & each time I get the same response - they will check with housekeeping & call me back. No call yet.... Very dissapointed that no one turned it in.

Bathroom could have been a little cleaner. Housekeeping didn't clean coffee pot in my room or restock coffee before my stay. When I called the front desk about the dirty coffee pot house keeping brought up some coffee but not a clean coffee pot nor did they offer to even wash it for me.

Room Tip: Double check before you leave because if you leave anything in the room you will not get it back!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
DORA D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear Guest:

I am sorry we took longer than normal to respond to your request. I understand that Front Desk located your bunny and it was picked up this weekend at the hotel. I am glad we were able to assist you with returning your daughter's furry friend.

I also would like to apologize for the inconsistency of your housekeeping service. At the Courtyard, we take pride in serving our guests and we definitely, did not live up to your expectations.

Please, give us another opportunity in the future to show you we care about our guests.

phoenix
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Love the location for myself. Very close to outlets malls and shopping. Lots of places to eat within walking distance. Hotel appears to be nice. Rooms, well thats where we fall short. Just serviceable. No bathtub. I understand humidity in Texas is bad, but at least clean the grout in the shower so the mold will go away. Something had splattered on the wardrobe and looked nasty. I was happy to have a balcony but was unable to enjoy because of the noise from the large airconditioners on the roof. Not the hotels fault, just the way it was designed. Cleaning staff is not good. 1st morning they woke me up at 8 to clean, I requested they come back at noon. I left at noon, came back at 5 and nothing had been done. Called the front desk and housekeeping to request a clean. All I got was folded towels and coffee refills. They never made the bed. I would stay there again if everything else was full. Price was a little high for what I got.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
DORA D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Guest:

I apologize for the Housekeeping situation you experienced during your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Allen.

We strive to provide each and every guest with exceptional service and we clearly failed this time around.

We will work with Housekeeping to stop these situation from happening in the future.

Please, give us another opportunity to show you that we care about guests.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The Courtyard by Marriott (Allen Tx) was the host hotel for the National Collegiate Wrestling Associations National Championships. They welcomed us with open arms. The staff really made me feel welcome. Specifically Dora Dillow helped me get some fliers printed up for the recruiting event occurring on the day we checked into the hotel. The meeting rooms were great, the ballroom and the food for the All American Banquet was terrific as well. My team and their parents loved the accommodations and welcome the opportunity to return and have the event there again in the future.

Room Tip: In years past I've had a room with a King sized bed and this time I had a room with 2 queen size...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
DORA D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us in TripAdvisor.

I was glad to assist you with your copies and I am so glad that at the end, we were able to print them on time for you.

Anytime you come back to area, look for us. We would love to serve you and continue to offer exceptional service.

Safe Travels!

Dana Point, California
Reviewed March 11, 2014

When we entered this hotel, we were amazed by the beautiful lobby. The rooms were nice and modern. Starbucks coffee and lattes were available for breakfast. Our event in the ballroom was wonderful. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the shopping mall, not route 75.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
DORA D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Guest:

I was a pleasure having all your family at the Courtyard. I am so excited you enjoyed your event and I hope you continue to choose us for any family important celebrations or even business needs.

I am glad you also enjoyed our rooms, lobby and Starbucks coffee. In behalf of all the Staff, it was a pleasure doing business with you.

We look foward to serve you in the future at the Courtyard by Marriott in Allen, TX!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I was less than pleased with our accommodations. the smoke alarms went off twice almost immediately after arrival. the room was tastefully decorated & comfortable but we had to have our card key reset 4 or 5 times during our 1-night stay. you cannot get a drink at the bar until they open at 5 p.m. & then they cost $9 each. I had to call twice to have the crib I requested in my reservation delivered to our room & when we had trouble setting it up, the man sent up to help us first tried to tell me there was nothing wrong with it. when I pointed out the side that would not stay up, he fooled around with it for a few minutes and then told me, "the baby will not fall out. but I will get you another one anyway." we ended up fixing it ourselves before the new one arrived. overall, it was not worth what we paid, not for a hotel with a view of parking lots on all sides. and who doesn't offer even free muffins for breakfast anymore??

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
DORA D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Guest:

I am sorry that there were a lot of situations that made your stay not completely satisfying at our hotel. From not having complimentary breakfast to the hours of the Bistro and our prices.

At the Courtyard we strive to provide our guests with quality service and great accommodations.

Please, give us another opportunity in the future.

Thank you for your patience.

Wichita Falls
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Second time we've stayed @ this facility and it is an awesome hotel with superb employees, nice newer facility with great shopping and eating facilities in easy walking distance. People in area are very friendly and glad to have the business.

Room Tip: visit outlet mall across the street
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Second time was a charm! We are so delighted that you completely enjoyed our facitlities and staff. We love our location and we are sure that our guests will also love the fact that a lot of restaurants and stores are in easy walking distance.

Come back and stay with us for all your accommodations needs in Allen!

Guest Service Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Allen
Hampton Inn and Suites - Dallas Allen
La Quinta Inn & Suites Allen at The Village
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allen North - Event Center
Sheraton McKinney Hotel
Sheraton McKinney Hotel
#2 of 16 in McKinney
Homewood Suites Dallas/Allen
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center

Property: Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center
Address: 210 E Stacy Rd, Allen, TX 75002-8732
Location: United States > Texas > Allen
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
#4 Business Hotel in Allen
#5 Family Hotel in Allen
Hotel Class:3 star — Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center 3*
Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q Hammons Center sits conveniently where Hwy 75 and Stacy Road connect, in The Village at Allen. Our Allen, Texas hotel offers 228 guest rooms and suites, plus more than 15,000 square feet of flexible meeting space with opportunities to hold conferences and banquets here. Stay with us and enjoy a vibrant and inviting lobby with flexible spaces to work or relax. Eat breakfast and have evening cocktails at The Bistro restaurant at our hotel, and easily get to all of the top destinations in Allen and Dallas, including The Allen Events Center located next door and local corporations. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard Dallas Allen At The John q Hammons Hotel Allen