WINNER WONDERLAND
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Allen
Antlers, Oklahoma
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Close to local shopping and resturants. Holds to the Marriott standards of excellence. I found it a bit pricey but worth it in the end since we were staying a few days. This would be a good weekend get away and relax location. Not in the big city and not in the country. Try the nearby IPIC theatre for a special treat.

Stayed February 2013
CYALLENGM, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Allen! Our location is ideal with great attractions like the IPic Theater, Splitsville Bowling and Top Golf all within a short distance. I'm glad to hear that you were able to enjoy a special evening. Being located in The Village at Allen, there is always something to do within walking distance. On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for choosing our hotel. We look forward to your future return.

Courtyard by Marrriott Dallas/Allen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Roanoke, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

We have stayed here several times while attending events at the Hammons Center next door. We live north of Ft. Worth and the hotel is all the way across the Metroplex north of Dallas, so we stay here because of the restaurants and shopping surround the hotel. It is very nice and the staff is very friendly and attentive, especially Edna who greets by name when we arrive. The lobby is massive with contemporary decor. There is a Starbucks on the first floor. The rooms are very nice, clean, and quiet. Parking can be tight, but no worries as there is a free multi story parking garage adjacent. This time we had a King suite with 2 LG flatscreen digital TV's' and the living area/kitchen is in a separate room. There is a sofa bed, chest, dining table, and fridge. We will be back again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael M
CYALLENGM, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and continue to return because of all the activity that is around the hotel. I will make sure to pass along your comments regarding Edna. She is a great associate who represents our hotel well with exceptional service. Your repeat returns are greatly appreciated!

Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

If you need to stay in this area of Dallas, this is an okay choice. I had a couple of issues, which makes the place average in my view. First, we needed use of the in-room mini-fridge for beverages and some leftovers. My wife fiddled for about 10 minutes and then said she did not know how to turn it on. I looked it over, messed with the knob and told her I did not think it was working. Before calling, I removed the fridge from its recessed shelf and found it was not even plugged in. The socket was behind the built in cabinet and could be reached by reaching my hand through a small hole and coaxing the plug sideways. It was a task and my hands were filthy once I got it done. Having done this while seated on the floor (just outside the bathroom), I noticed the carpet had some small crumbs (not from us) and appeared to have been vacuumed haphazardly. My other issue was with the workout room - the machines were "Hotel Fitness" brand or something similar to that. I have never heard of this brand and upon using the treadmill and elliptical machine, I now know why. The treadmill deck is about a foot off the floor - I thought it would be a very comfy jog, but there was hardly any shock absorption properties.

The hotel is nice, and the breakfast that came with the room rate was fine. The lobby is spacious. Check in was a breeze and the front desk was polite and professional.

There was a wedding party while we were there and it appears this is a popular place for receptions. The hotel is big enough and we were not bothered by any noise. They allow pets because I could hear barking down the hall.

Overall, convenient to northeast Dallas metro area, but not above-average in my view. I chose this over other options because it is 100% non-smoking. It is next to In'N'Out burger, which was a treat.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CYALLENGM, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Our responsibility is to try to provide a clean, safe and problem free stay while in our hotel. I appreciate you making us aware of the microwave and the carpet cleanliness. I have helped to make sure that the appropriate associates are made aware of your concerns to keep these from happening again. It is never expected that you would have to figure out the reason why the refrigerator isn't working. Our staff is more than eager to assist to make sure that you are accommodated during your stay. I look forward to seeing you again in the future as we will have these items corrected on your return.
Austin, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Having stayed in many Courtyard properties, I was pleasantly surprised by this one. You can tell this isn't an ordinary property from the minute you enter the massive lobby.
I've stayed here twice and on both occasions, the front desk staff was very helpful and quickly checked me in.

The lobby area includes a lot of great seating areas, including a television watching area and lots of seating in the restaurant/bar area. This is much more inviting than the typical little breakfast area most hotels have.

Luckily, I was upgraded to one of the suites with the additional room that had a couch, a table and a wet bar. The extra room between the bedroom and the hallway made for a very quiet night's sleep.

I will certainly stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CYALLENGM, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for continuing to return to our hotel while visiting the Allen area. I am happy to hear that you were upgraded so we can show our appreciation for your repeat business. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and look forward to your continued return visits!

Waco, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed here to celebrate the New Year 2013!!! This is THE BEST location for a hotel. Walking distance to shopping, restaurants galore and the Allen Event Center. Had a great time. The hotel is clean & kept well. We stayed in a junior suite and it was a perfect size to us. We use to live in Allen & had many guests come by to say hello. Nice sitting area. The staff is very friendly. I think the pricing in the hotel restaurant is a bit pricey for the quality of food, so we didn't eat at the hotel. Not to worry folks, because you have about 15 other places such a short distance to choose from. No room service at this location. I think the only disappointment was that on daily housekeeping, they do not vacuum or sweep, rush cleaning & didn't change the sheets daily. I always leave at least a $4.00 tip for housekeeping and was surprised that they were in the room about 7 minutes literally to straighten up the bed, take trash out, clean the toilet and give fresh towels. I have an 8 yr old boy and as some of you would know kids leave trails of small things to be vacuumed up. Also my son slept on the sofabed, yet there were no sheets for it & housekeeping never put the bed back to sofa status for the day. Overall this is a very nice & friendly place but in my opinion the housekeeping should be a more detailed when servicing especially when you leave a daily tip. We will stay here again for sure. Well worth it.

Room Tip: Higher floors, less street noise. This is a very busy, high traffic area.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CYALLENGM, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
I'm glad that you chose to stay at our hotel and enjoy New Years within The Village at Allen. There were several parties at neighboring restaurants within walking distance, a hockey game in the Allen Event Center next door and great for a night out for the entire family. I appreciate your feedback on the pricing within the Bistro restaurant. Our Food and Beverage team tries to price the items competitively with several of the surrounding restaurants and provide a quick service option for both breakfast and dinner. I have also passed along your comments to our Executive Housekeeper on the servicing of your room. She is planning on working with the room attendant to ensure that other guests do not have the vacuuming of the room overlooked.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed on business for a few nights. Great place! Very clean and I believe relatively new. The staff was friendly made stayin ghere a breeze.

The courrtyard in the middle has some cool gas fired fire pits and conversation areas and is walking distance to several nice bars and restaurants. Starbucks os in the hotel and a is bakery right across the parking lot for breakfast choices. I am not a Starbucks fan 100% but that is just personal preference for food and drink. Some people love Starbucks and more power to them. At night it serves beer and food. Nice big TV in a little viewing area right there too to watch some NCAA basketball games. The eating area was great with big tables for groups of business travelers all with their laptops out. No overcrowding here. Good job Marriott designers!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CYALLENGM, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
I appreciate that you stayed with us and wrote a review regarding our hotel. Several of the new features within Courtyard's new refreshing business design is to help our guests work, relax, eat, drink and socialize within a functional space. The theater where you were able to catch the NCAA Basketball game and the Bistro where Starbucks is brewed are great areas to help.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you while visiting Allen! We look forward to taking care of you again soon.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have stayed here several times and haven't had any negative experiences.

The rooms are clean with a small balcony. You walk into the room to see a bathroom to the side and a small microwave & fridge. The bedroom includes a flat screen TV (LCD) and there is ample storage for your clothes and other belongings. There is a bar downstairs that serves food for breakfast, lunch and dinner in addition to drinks. For events, there is a large ballroom that will accommodate several hundred people easily.

The location is excellent as it's within walking distance of lots of stores and restaurants. Fast food, sit in restaurants, coffee shops, mall, outlet malls, tons of stores. The Allen convention center is right beside it too which hosts various events. There is a large cinemark about 5 miles down the highway in addition to a smaller theater across the street.

The main draw of this hotel is the location. If you stay anywhere in Allen, this is your best bet if you want lots of attractions right by you. It may not be the fanciest, but it makes up for it in locational convenience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CYALLENGM, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for your repeat business and choosing our hotel. Our return guests and Marriott Reward members are greatly appreciated! I appreciate that you have been able to experience a consistent product in a great location. Our staff works hard to maintain the building keeping it in a "like new" state. Your continued returns are appreciated.

Courtyard by Marriott Dallas/Allen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Allen
Hampton Inn and Suites - Dallas Allen
Homewood Suites Dallas/Allen
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allen North - Event Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Allen at The Village
Sheraton McKinney Hotel
Sheraton McKinney Hotel
#2 of 16 in McKinney
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen

Been to Courtyard Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center? Share your experiences!