“Meh-be Not Again”
Review of Uncle Julio's

Uncle Julio's
Reserve with OpenTable
Uncle Julio's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 225 Restaurants in Allen
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dallas, TX
“Meh-be Not Again”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Wife and I and two friends went. First, we had to ask 3x for water (we got it about 1/2 way through the meal. Drinks came pretty quickly. I was really thirsty and downed my tea quickly. It was a long wait for another. All 4 of us ordered enchiladas of different kinds. When the food FINALLY arrived they were literally inedible. They were so bad I asked the waiter if they were frozen or freshly made. The corn enchiladas were so hard and tough they could not even be cut with a knife! The flour chicken enchilada were mushy. We sent all 4 plates back to be remade. The replacements came more quickly and were fine. Flavor was "ok" but I'm accustomed to more onions in my cheese and onion enchiladas. When the waitress finally asked if I wanted more tea I told her to either bring me two glasses or the pitcher because the glasses are too small. No such luck. When the bill came, I went to the manager and said I expected one meal of each couple to be "comp-ed" as a result of the long wait for edible food. She agreed, but I could tell she wasn't happy and everyone seemed to know we had been "a problem." I used to eat at Uncle Julio's on the Dallas North Tollway regularly. Maybe this location is still learning. But with so many other places to eat in the Alln-McKinney-Frisco area we aren't likely to go back to this one. Food is "okay" but nothing special. Try it at your own risk. Those who rate it better than 3-star don't know good Tex -Mex!

Visited April 2013

“Such terrible service!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Went on a busy evening. Took 15 minutes after being seated for our waiter to take our drink order. Chips and salsa arrived, no drinks or silverware. Food arrived, still no drinks or silverware and our waiter was no where to be found. We asked to speak to the manager who told us our waiter only had a few tables nearby, she was not very empathetic and had a look like we were jerks when she walked away. ( I assure you we were not, just hungry and thirsty). Would not recommend and won't be going back. If you are too busy to serve a table, why bother seating customers there at all?

“Festive Mexican food in a wide open space”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We arrived, four adults and five children, and were promptly seated, served and entertained. Service was great and the atmosphere is basically as expected - a wide open cantina style restaurant. We really enjoyed the fajitas, we shared the spicy shrimp, chicken and steak plates for two all around. Nice festive time, kids really enjoyed it and the food was better then the average Mexican fare.
Our recommendation - order the steak fajitas!

• Visited March 2013
Frisco, Texas
“Tex mex”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Service is ok. Meals are overpriced. Food was ok, i had tried elsewhere better. It was not tasty. I couldnt find anything small portion or healthier.

Visited November 2012
Frisco, Texas
“TEX-MEX”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Excellent menu and service. Great place to hang out with friends while enjoying best Tex-Mex in the area.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Roxana W

Been to Uncle Julio's? Share your experiences!