“best place to stay”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Alice
alice te
“best place to stay”
Reviewed June 12, 2011

rooms are large they smell nice there people are smart to the needs i have . only problem i had,was the internet was slow , not high speed as should be.but all in all that small deal.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Katy, TX
Reviewed February 24, 2011

I have had a very comfortable stay. I was in Alice for business and stayed for one night. Because they were out of King beds I was upgraded to a 2-Bedroom suite. The staff has been very nice and friendly.

I know that I will be in town again and will most certainly be staying here again.

After reading a number of the reviews and having big hopes for the breakfast I was disappointed but, for a free breakfast it was pretty good.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 14, 2010

This has to be the friendliest most helpful staff I have ever encountered at a hotel. The manager and front desk was very helpful, the rooms were clean and comfy and the breakfast was excellent! especially since they serve both hot and cold breakfast. I will stay at this hotel everytime i stay in Alice and i would recommend it to all traveling in the alice area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Houston
Reviewed January 2, 2010

I had to wait a week before writing this review. I felt it was the best way to give the people at La Quinta Inn Suite in Alice a fair shake. My wife and two sons (6 and 8 years old) checked in on Christmas Eve. Everything seemed ok as hotel check-in’s go; courteous, clean, and quite. The parking lot had only a few cars in it as did the other two hotels nearby. So far, the only big issue was to decide how Santa was going to make his official appearance.

When we returned from visiting friends around 9:30 PM, the first thing we noticed was the loud talking coming from the adjacent room. As if the person was in our room. By 10:30 PM, the volume had increased and a young child began contributing to the noise. By 11:00 PM, their dog decided it wanted to chime in. I was in no mood to make a call to the front desk so my wife called and politely asked if someone could call the room and ask them to quite down. Nothing happened. The noise continued all night. To twist the knife that was already deeply embedded in my nerves, the next morning I opened the coffee pot to find a coffee bag covered with mold and mildew and the television reception was so poor, my kids didn't even want to watch it.

I went down to the front desk (the same girl that checked us in and that took the late night call was still on duty) and reminded her of the noise and asked to be moved if that room was going to be occupied on Christmas night. She seemed concerned and assured me that the late night noise makers were checking out and no one was moving in that day. She took my number and told me she would call me if someone did move into that room so we could be moved. I took her for her word.

We came back that evening to find someone had indeed checked into that room. This time young adults and teenagers. Come to find out, that room (#225) serves as a hospitality room. It also shares an uninsulated door and wall with room #224 which is where I was. These young people were actually quiet…..until my family had showered and settled in for the night. A call to the front desk again produced no results. We slept with the exhaust fan running in the bathroom to drown out the noise. This went on until 3:30 AM! Not good when you have to make a 6 hour drive the next day.

The next morning I went to the desk and the same girl from the day before was on duty. I tried to have a conversation with her about the incident but she didn’t even have the decency to look at me or answer a single question. My wife went to the desk to ask for a zero balance receipt and this mental giant told her to go online where we made the reservation. Fine!

Now that that’s off my mind here is the point:
1. There is no reason to place people in a room next to the hospitality room when the hotel is not fully occupied.
2. When someone asks the front desk to take action on noise makers, they should do it.
3. La Quinta Inn and Suites should spend a little time training their staff on how to actually run a hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank HoustonHouse_Boy
texas
Reviewed May 24, 2009

This was my first time staying @ aLa Quinta in more than 12 yrs. I must say the service was excellent and they were very friendly and helpful.The room was spacious and comfortable .I usually have to stay in Alice twice a year and I hope to stay there next year.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
reviewerSA
Reviewed April 14, 2009

I enjoyed my stay. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I was impressed by the continental breakfast which had homemade flour tortilla breakfast tacos with fresh eggs and ham. The staff (Mari G. and Tina F) was very friendly and courteous.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank reviewerSA
Houston
Reviewed April 11, 2009

My husband, granddaughter and I were invited to visit family in Alice, TX. After seeing countless commercials about LaQuinta hotels, we decided to make a reservation there. It was a very pleasant experience. The room was spotless and didn't have the "disinfectant" smell most hotel rooms have, the breakfast buffet was excellent and the staff was helpful and courteous. The only complaint I have is that at midnight there were kids running up and down the hall...but that wasn't the hotel's fault, it was their PARENTS fault. We only spent one night, but if we have an opportunity to go back to Alice, TX, we will definately stay at LaQuinta.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alice
Hampton Inn - Alice
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsville
Alice Motor Inn
Alice Motor Inn
#8 of 8 in Alice

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Alice? Share your experiences!