“Absolutely Worth The Stop”

Midpoint Cafe and Gift Shop
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Adrian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Old fashion café locate at the midpoint of Historic Route 66. We are known for our excellent homemade "Midpoint Ugly" Pie, breakfast, various lunch sandwiches including thick-cut fried bologna , and our world famous Texas hamburgers. We are open 7 days per week from April 1 through mid-Nov. Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., kitchen closes at 3 p.m. Breakfast 8:30 to 11 a.m., lunch 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Pie and drinks available during open hours. Well-stocked gift shop featuring Midpoint and Route 66 gifts and souvenirs. Please note that if you are heading east from NM, the time changes at the Texas state line, so you lose an hour. For large groups, please call at least an hour ahead. Have a GREAT ROUTE 66 Trip.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This cute little cafe and gift shop is located at the halfway point on "the mother road" route 66 between Los Angeles and Chigaco. The cafe is route 66 car themed and very "old-timey" but cute. The customer service was excellent, and the food was very good. For me, they even had the vegetarian option of a bean burger, which was perfectly seasoned and flavorful. Their claim to fame is the "ugly pies" but we were too full try them. They have a little gift shop in the back with lots of route 66 memorabilia, and across the street is the perfect place for a photo-op showing yourself at the "midpoint". Well worth your time to stop.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (424)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped in for lunch while traveling through on the Route 66. Midpoint Cafe is extremely authentic, but clean and modern enough to enjoy. We just made it before 3:00 and got the pulled pork. It was so worth it to stop in. Reminds me of all the places the family ate when I was a kid. Don’t miss it!

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 24, 2019

Definitely a place to stop and take photos as you are at the exact midpoint of Route 66. The food, however, left a lot to be desired. If you are hungry, stop, snap your pictures, and move on. I had a grilled cheese sandwich and ate less than half of it. I was not asked if it was ok. Poor service. Don't expect refills on your drinks here either. By looking at other reviews, I know I am the odd man out, but I would not recommend this diner. Cute is all it has going for it.

Reviewed August 18, 2019

Just 50 miles from home and worth the trip. Cute little place midpoint between Las Angelos and Chicago on old route 66' off I-40. Food was great, pie is worth going for.

Reviewed August 9, 2019 via mobile

Stopped by on our return trip from Yosemite for a drink but had to try the pie! So glad we did! The lemon ugly pie was fantastic! Our server was sweet and polite. We will definitely stop again!

Date of visit: August 2019

Been to Midpoint Cafe and Gift Shop? Share your experiences!