“Bar B-Q with country flavor”

Texas Pride Barbecue
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Adkins
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
San Antonio, Texas
“Bar B-Q with country flavor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

This restaurant has been a favorite of mine for years. Thursdays they had bike night and the bikes would come and fill the parking lot.
There are specials with live bands, there are several different types of seating areas, some inside and more outside but covered. If you are looking for the ritz this is not it, comfort food and country music this is it!

• Visited November 2012

Live Oak, Texas
“Great food but Disappointing!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

The food here is good, but the ambiance is terrible. You go through a wonderful entryway of old Texas signs and mementos, setting you up to believe you have found something unique. That continues as you select your meat and sides. The cutting of the meat by the man behind the counter is unnerving as he demonstrates his fabulous cutting skills. The meat is wrapped by a piece of freezer wrap along with the baked potato or other sides which are put into Styrofoam cups. No plate, no silverware, just a milk carton tray. Everything else there for you is plastic utensils and paper napkins. There are barbeque sauce, jalapenos, onions, etc. for you, but you have to put your meat and sides right on the table with freezer wrap as your placemat. It is just disgusting. I doubt the tables are sanitary at all. The biggest problem with the restaurant is the PRICE. It is unbelievably expensive for what you get.

1 Thank Michael E
TXPrideBBQ, Manager at Texas Pride Barbecue, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
trickumed – We are disappointed that our BBQ did not live up to your standards. We’d love to hear from you if there’s more you’d like to let us know about your experience. Please call (210) 649-3730 and ask for Tony.
Burlington, Vermont
“Very good BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had been to Rudy's in past trips to San Antonio and decided I wanted to try someplace different. After searching the web, I recognized Texas Pride from Triple D and thought I would give it a try. It's a little out of the way, but worth the trip. There is a good selection of meat and I chose their three meat combo with brisket, sausage, and baby back ribs with green beans & mac and cheese sides. Added a Shiner Bock to top off the meal. The meat was very tasty, but I have to admit that I thought it was a little dry. All in all, it was a good experience.

England
“Great meat selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

We saw this place on Diners, Drive ins and Dives. Since we were on the area, we wanted to try it. The grilled meats were excellent! I ordered the baby back ribs and I can say that they were the most tender and tasty ribs I have ever had. My husband had the brisket and that was just as good. The sides served with the meal were ok, not anything to brag about. It is the quality of the meats that keeps people returning here!

San Antonio, Texas
“REAL GOOD BBQ!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Decided to give this place a try finally, and am so glad I did! I was so happy to experience some outstanding barbeque! I had the brisket, potato salad, and the pinto beans. It was all delicious. The sauce they make is excellent and enhances the meats rather than overpower them. I will definitely be back to try all of the meats and fixins they have to offer! If you have the opportunity to make it out to this place, I highly recommend that you do....and take your friends too!

• Visited September 2013