“It's ok if you're needing a rm for the night but...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Dallas - Addison

Motel 6 Dallas - Addison
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Addison
New Braunfels, Texas
“It's ok if you're needing a rm for the night but...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2008

I stayed here because the motel chain is sponsoring our basketball team so I basically had no choice since it was provided for me. I went to check in & they were going to charge me. I told them it was taken care of but the front desk guy had no clue so he called a woman, assuming she was a manager or someone above him in rank, & she told him what to do that it was legit. So he then looked up the reserved rooms & said they were occupied & gave me another room but the lady told him that those were for us so he gave me rm 204. Well I walked into the room just above the stairs & was greatly disappointed. The front lobby was REALLY REALLY pretty & nice but the rooms...well I've stayed in worse but expected better. First of all there was NO hairdryer!! There was a fridge & microwave but no hairdryer! Apparantly they either forgot to put one in my room or they didn't furnish them so if you stay here, bring one if you need it, just in case. Next thing I noticed was the floor wasn't vacuumed. There was bits of trash like paper pieces on the floor & it just didn't look vacuumed. I was meeting a friend later so before she got there I decided to take a shower. Well things were okay til I proceeded with my shower...there were small bugs in the tub plus when I ran the water to get it warm which made it run hard, the drain was SUPER slow. I had to turn the water off twice during the shower to let the water slowly drain out. I did like, however, the curtain rod which bowed out from the tub to give more elbow room & to avoid the curtain sticking to me during the shower...I REALLY hate it when that happens. Finally finished & got dressed. My hair was a mess since there was no hair dryer & I forgot mine so I had to borrow one from my friend later on but by then it was pretty much dry. I sat on the bed...NOT soft at all. It basically felt like it was a thin foam pad, like one of those 1" foam pads, on a board. The pillows were not fluffed or fluffy they were almost flat. The air was on but wasn't cooling off the room but the heater worked great. Well the next day I heard the housekeepers cleaning the rooms & waited til after 2pm for them to do my room since I don't like anyone to be in my room alone. Well...they rolled right past my room & went to the end. Didn't even do the rm next to mine, they just skipped mine & went to the end!! Uhhh WTHeck?? They didn't seem to speak English so I figured it was fruitless asking them anything. They knew I was in there, they saw me peek out the door. So by that time, I was STARVing so I went to eat breakfast at Denny's next door..I highly suggest eating here if you don't hafta leave the hotel. It's real difficult at times to turn left out the hotel parking lot to goto walmart or eat, etc. Got back to the room & the key card didn't work. So I went to the front desk to get that fixed since I was staying thru to the next day which they knew already. I told the girl at the front desk about the maids not cleaning the room. She said that it was strange so since they probably weren't still 'here' she'd hafta call & get back w/me. She reached for the phone & picked it up so I thanked her & left. Well she never got back with me so no towels whatsoever for that day nor the next morning so the next morning, I couldn't even take a shower...no washcloths or towels. I checked out that morning, looking deshevelled, & complained about everyting to the front desk guy that checked me in & said he'd report this to his manager but dunno if he did. He kept answering the phone while I was talking to him which is rude, he should've put them on hold. You never ask a person to wait just to answer the phone. I told him I would write a report on this, he didn't argue about it. One more thing...they lock the side & front doors I think after 10pm so I had to walk around the front area to the side which is dangerous since you end up on the driveway & the dumpster is there which could hide someone trying to attack me or someone else. It's just not a safe hotel in my opinion if you hafta be out after 10 unless you're on the Denny's side of the hotel which is better lit & easier access to the rooms. I forgot to mention that part to the manager but I will if I'm forced to stay here again.

• Liked — The front area was nice.
  • Disliked — The unclean rm, the maid service, having to walk around to get back to my rm after 10. They should keep the side doors open or have access via key card!Too dangerous on the right hand side of the hotel.I had to walk around in the drivway & around the dumpster which could easily hide a bad person who could mug or attack me, shoot me, rob me, etc.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cecilschick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Greenbrier, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2007

My daughter and I stayed at the Addison Motel 6 during a trip to San Antonio. We stopped in Dallas for a couple of days. It was a great area with LOTS of great restaurants and shops, etc. to enjoy. The area was in the midst of a business district, also. Great malls and shopping were also around the area in close proximity. This hotel was pretty basic, but clean. Nice laundry facilities and great pool! Everything was majorly clean! I would definitely stay there again!

• Liked — the pool and nice area
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Jennifer C
El Paso, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2006

I stay at this place every time I'm in the Dallas area. It's clean, in a nice part of town, within walking distance of zillions of restaurants, and ... lovely grounds with an ENORMOUS pool. High speed internet. Friendly, helpful staff. Less than $40 a night. Yeah, it is a Motel 6, which means there's no stale bagel buffet, and you have to walk to the lobby to get a cup of coffee in the morning, but if you don't need the amenities of a true hotel, this is the best value you'll ever find.

9 Thank 66Champs
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2005

this motel 6 was one of the cleanest I have been in. Housekeeping was excellent.

Stayed June 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
Homewood Suites Dallas/Addison
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Addison Galleria
Hampton Inn Dallas / Addison
HYATT house Dallas/Addison
Comfort Suites North/Galleria
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dallas-Addison

Been to Motel 6 Dallas - Addison? Share your experiences!