“Good Option for the Price - TINY Rooms”

Hampton Inn Dallas / Addison
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Addison
Houston, Texas
“Good Option for the Price - TINY Rooms”
Reviewed April 1, 2010

The location was easily found by my GPS and the hotel in a commercial but does not experience freeway or other surrounding noise. Checkin was quick and easy. There is a nicely decorated and inviting lobby with a small front desk and nicely appointed common area. (Breakfast area) They have coffee and tea available 24 hours a day.

The hotel has a small gym even for a limited service hotel. A few pieces of cardio equipment, weight equipment, etc all crammed into a tiny space. To their credit though, they do offer free admission to a local health club. There is a small outdoor pool, though no hot tub.

They do not have a small business center per say, but have one computer a printers. The hotel has free internet access for guests (wired and wireless) and I found it to be of acceptable speed for hotel service.

The rooms are TINY at this hotel, I felt like I was in a cruise ship cabin. They are nicely decorated though. They appear to have been recently remodeled. Beds are typical Hampton Cloud 9 (nice beds). There is a bit of a shortage of plugs. The rooms have flat panel TV's. The climate control works well and you can leave the blower motor on for white noise while the climate control is still functioning. Bathrooms are well equipped, but once again tiny. The desk is awkwardly placed and you can not watch TV from the desk. The room was quiet and had no noise from outdoors.

The area has several nice stores and shopping areas within a 1 mile range. About every type of dining option you could want is available, many in walking distance..

The breakfast area lacked sufficient seating in the morning. Typical Hampton breakfast. The days I stayed it was omlettes, Sausage, Waffles, pastries, cereal, juices, coffee, etc. They also have the on the run bags with an apple, muffin, cereal bar, water, and mints. Checkout was easy as they had my bill under my door.

The price is right for this hotel, but I do prefer the Hilton Garden Inn nearby, but this is a more value oriented option and still a good value.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed March 16, 2010

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn Addison, Tx while in Dallas on business. I am still looking for my Dallas "home" hotel and I've tried many in the Addison area. I prefer Addison because it has an abundance of restaurants and is convenient to where I work. I thought that overall this was a nice hotel. The rooms have been renovated and are modern and clean with good beds and pillows. They are small so I wouldn't have been happy if I was traveling with another person or my family. The breakfast room is pretty small and was crowded each morning around 7:45 so I didn't eat in the hotel. The gym has one treadmill, one eliptical, and one bike.The equipment was average and didn't have individual TV's. I still prefer the Hilton Garden Inn down the road but for $40 less a night, this is a good value hotel. I will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 25, 2010

Hotel was VERY clean and the staff went above and beyond their call of duty, in every aspect. They had a great breakfast with more than just donuts and juice - it was actual food. The location was safe - I felt safe at night walking in and out of the hotel. Also, the hotel sits behind "Resturant Row", so basically any food you want is around the corner. It was a family vacation and it was a comfy place to come "home" to at night and clean up and relax. My family and would for sure stay at this location again. Not one complaint comes to mind, except the vacation ended and we had to come home. =)

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank SiskFamily
Tulsa, OK
Reviewed December 2, 2009

My family had booked 2 rooms. The pillows in one room smelled like bad body odor. I booked my stay through advance purchase and 3 weeks after the stay I discovered I had been billed for both rooms a second time by the hotel. It took 5 phone calls and 10 days to get my money back.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
Reviewed November 22, 2009

This Hampton does not live up to the chain's reutation. First of all, it's very difficult to find - I had to call the front desk twice to find the place. The front desk staff was pretty disinterested - they didn't seem to care about their guests or their property. And they coulnd't figure out how to check me out when I left. The rooms have been beautifully redecorated, but ... The room felt damp and musty my entire stay - even with the air-conditioning on. The towels were damp and I wasn't sure the sheets were really clean. They were damp and icky, too. The breakfast was mediocre and the wake-up call I requested never came. When I complained to Hilton corporate (customer satisfaction surveys apparently having been discontinued), they were relatively responsive. But, then they e-mailed me to say that hotel had said it had contacted me directly, which was not true. I travel a good deal on business and usually look to stay at Hampton given their consistency, but I'll avoid this property in the future.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 26, 2009

I have stayed at this Hampton Inn 3 times in the last 2 years and have had no problems what so ever. Our corporate office meets there and we usually have around 90-100 people staying there at a time. Everything so far has gone smoothly.

Each morning, I would get up around 5am to beat the breakfast rush. I would get there and everything would be ready and pretty good for a cont. breakfast. There was always someone there cleaning to make sure everything stayed nice. The only problem would be if you wait until around 7am to eat, there was a large line and everyone trying to elbow you out of the way.

In the evenings when we would return, the hotel was quiet and seemed like in a good neighborhood. The rooms were always cleaned and plenty of fresh towels. There was always a paper each morning at the door during the week.

The beds are extremely comfy! I just sink down into the down blankets and super soft pillows. It was very nice just to relax and watch TV at night. I never had any problems using my laptop in my room either. They do have 2 or 3 computers in the lobby with a printer if you need to use it also.

There are soda and ice machines on each floor near the elevators. There is also a snack room downstairs on the 1st floor which gives you more of a variety. There was an average size pool also, but I have never tried it out.

I will be going back in a few months and I think everything should be just fine. I would recommend this to everyone that wants peace and quiet after a long day.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 13, 2008

Last May, we met a friend at the Hampton, as we have done for over 10 years, around 3 or 4 times per year, renting 2 rooms.

Upon arrival, my mother placed her purse on the counter to turn and greet our friend. They were the only 2 people in the lobby other than the girl at the desk.

When my mother got to the hotel room with her luggage, she noticed her purse was missing.

We approached the desk several times and searched high and low for the purse, to no avail. We then called the police, who came and filed a report.

He called the female desk clerk at home, since she had gone off duty and the male had come on duty. We approached him several times and both people denied they knew anything about it.

When asked about the security camera which is aimed at the counter, they said they "didn't know how to work it."

The policeman called the female desk clerk at home, who denied knowing anything about it.

Ironically--incredibly--within 15 minutes of the police leaving the hotel after filing the report, the purse "miraculously" turned up, an obvious collusion between management and the male clerk's wife. We contacted the corporate offices, and they did absolutely nothing to the offending clerks.

Concerning the rooms. The remodel is terrible. What was once a nice, light, comfortable "study" hotel room now has the furniture so ill placed that the king sized bed is almost up against the closets and storage area units.

As we have always considered this our home away from home when in Dallas, we are devastated!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — The fact that we were stolen from.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank skaiwi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Addison
HYATT house Dallas/Addison
Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas Addison
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria
Best Western Plus Addison Galleria Hotel
Radisson Hotel Dallas North-Addison

Been to Hampton Inn Dallas / Addison? Share your experiences!