“Very nice rooms, decent location”

Hampton Inn Dallas / Addison
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Addison
Reviewed June 6, 2012

The rooms were clean, room price was affordable, location was good for those interested in going to the Galleria. A bit far from downtown Dallas but well worth it to drive about 25 minutes for the quality and price we got. Lots of restaurants and shops in the area. Really was a lot better than I had expected!

There was a free breakfast with potatoes and sausage, yogurt, waffles, coffee, etc

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 30, 2012

great value at a great price.

stayed here for 1 night for my daughter's soccer tourney.

upon entering the driveway, the exterior looks dated so i got
a tad nervous.

however, upon entering the lobby, it felt as if i entered a time
machine to the current era. very nice, modern design and decor.

coffee available all day, too, in the lobby.

the room was nice and clean. wireless was speedy.

very enjoyable stay. front desk staff was super nice, too.

i highly recommend this property.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank viperman155
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My family and I along with some friends stayed here last year during the OU/TX weekend. I am extremely picky about cleanliness when it comes to hotels and I was very pleased! We loved the location being so close to several restaurants! We have made reservations to stay here again this year and will use them whenever we are in the Dallas area! This hotel provided all that we needed!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel this past weekend. It's situated in a convenient area and just off a major road on a tiny, fairly quiet street. There are restaurants nearby, however if you're looking for something quick, like a Drive-Thru, the nearest place is about a mile in either direction.

The hotel is nice and clean, as most Hampton Inns are. The rooms seem newly (and nicely) decorated with a modern touch. The rooms have a flat screen TV and a shower with a sliding door (at least my room did, I'm not sure if they're all like this or if some have tubs). The rooms seem on the smaller side (not extremely small), however that could be because there is a desk/dresser combo that takes up one side of the wall. The bathroom is also on the small side.

Overall it is a nice hotel that is pretty large. However, I did have some negative experiences while there. First, it seems my room was assigned next to a large foreign group from Europe and they were up at all hours. They were very loud, banging on one another's doors, speaking very loudly, stomping back and forth to each others' rooms, and just making excessive noise up until 230 am. I think it only stopped because I called the front desk to ask that they look into it. There is also a problem with the doors... they SLAM shut. By slam, I mean SLAM. It is extremely loud and you can hear when someone's door closes down the hall and around the corner. This coupled with the loud group opening and closing their doors all evening and early morning made it very difficult to get any sleep. You're startled awake every 10 minutes when someone enters or leaves their rooms.

Upon checkout the front desk asked how my stay was and I told them that it wasn't great considering the group. The staff was very courteous and said they understood exactly what I was talking about. The group had just been in the breakfast area and the Front Desk staff relayed that they too were fed up with the noise.

The Hampton Inn has a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and the Front Desk staff kindly reversed the charges for my room that night.

I concur with some others that the internet is slow, but it's also free. If you're doing general web surfing, it should be fine.

Breakfast is standard Hampton Inn fare. Decent and free.

This place is definitely worth the value and the staff is really great. The issue with the loud Guests wasn't their fault and I appreciate how they handled it. The only real problem are the slamming doors and I'm sure there have been other complaints about it because they are extremely loud. The Hotel may want to consider investing in adding a spring mechanism to the doors so they close slowly.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper you might want to take into consideration that the doors slam shut and...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank G G
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We were in town for a 3 day sports tournament. This hotel was located just off Beltline (otherwise known as "Restaurant Row") in Addison. I thought the location for getting downtown was fine, about 20 min by the tollway..there was a great Mexican restaurant just down the street on Midway, and a Starbucks on the corner of Midway and Beltline, so, mama was a happy camper. The main thing I want to say about this hotel was that they served breakfast from 6am to 10am DAILY..which was great for us when we had to be on the court as early as 7am..and the breakfast was VERY good,every day. Nice variety of hot items and cold selections. AND, they didn't start putting it away too early. I grabbed a plate JUST before 10 the day we checked out and was not made to feel that I was "in the way".. Also, even though I was a little disappointed that there were no refrigerators or microwaves in the rooms (Hampton's usually have them)..they kept our left-overs (from that great Mexican place) in the fridge behind the desk and allowed us to use the micro in the breakfast room..Hampton is always very service oriented. Love that.
They also have a very nice breakfast/sitting area...I will definitely stay here again. Less expensive than the place we usually stay down the street and the breakfast was about as good.

Room Tip: Get there early if you need a fridge...they only have about 15 small ones, and they are gone quickly...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2012

My husband and I visit Dallas from time to time and we have been staying at this Hampton inn. The area is very good with many restaurants nearby. It also feels fairly safe and it is clean.
The rooms are nice even though they are not as large as some other chains. The bed is very comfortable. I did not see a refrigerator in the room but internet and cable worked fine. A nice hot breakfast is available and there is a pool and a gym. Overall I recommend this place to anyone who needs a good night's rest in a nice,clean place in the Dallas area.

Room Tip: Their AARP and AAA discounts are very good.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel for a lot of years and can't image staying anywhere else when I'm in Dallas/Addison. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the free breakfast is incredible! I also love the fact that it is within walking distance to several restaurants, shopping, entertainment and nightlife. The rooms are clean and you'll sleep like a baby. The bedding is fabulous. Thank you Addison Hampton for continuing to exceed my expectations!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Amanda M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
Best Western Plus Addison Galleria Hotel
HYATT house Dallas/Addison
Courtyard Dallas Addison/Midway
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Addison Galleria
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Addison
Radisson Hotel Dallas North-Addison

Been to Hampton Inn Dallas / Addison? Share your experiences!