“Under staffed”

Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Addison
Fort Worth, Texas
“Under staffed”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We booked for a king size room my husband and I are there to meet up with some friends and a weekend get away, and at the time of check in I was told by the lady at the front desk (who never bothered to smile or greet me) we waited an hour and 10 minutes because our room wasn't ready. The shower curtain had that moldy smell, the towel was far from white and the first one I grabbed had a black eye liner stain on it. Pool and jacuzzi on the second floor, the jet on the jacuzzi doesn't work and dead leaves floating all over both pool. There is a $50.00 fee that you have to pay at check in for any damages for the room and I was told that they will release the hold upon check out, well that has not happened. So all in all not worth the price for me, I will stick with the hotel chain I know.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kellea C, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear ahkie,

Thank you so much for your review and sharing your comments about your stay with us. I am so sorry to hear that you felt we were understaffed and not able to exceed your expectations. I would like to get more information from you in regards to your stay so that I can look deeper into your comments and make the necessary corrections. At your earliest convenience, please contact me directly at 972-246-6372.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Nice lobby but like other reviewers stated understaffed. One person at front desk and waited more than 10 minutes to check in. The room was another story- mattress stains on bed sheets that don't fit, stains on the sheets, and eyelash hairs in the soap dish, also paint peeling in bathroom ceiling as well as cracked tiles on the floors where the grout has almost totally lifted. Maintenance should do spot checks and correct small problems that will become big. Cleaning staff needs to be retrained. There is no way I would eat the "complimentary Bfast and lunch" here based on the cleanliness of the room details.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear lovestotravel1717,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay with us. I am disappointed to learn that your room was not cleaned and that you had to wait at the front desk for check in. This is not standard for us and I will personally look deeper into this. Thank you for sharing your comments and again, I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations as is our goal for every guest.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to make this up to you.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Other reviews are accurate. Service mediocre. Rates were high, especially when we found out the hotel across the street (which friends were staying at) seemed to have more staff, better service AND significantly less expensive!

Room Tip: Double beds make sleeping tight if more than one sleeper per bed.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kellea C, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear LanG4523,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I would like to get more information from you so that I can look into your comments further. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 13, 2014

The property was nice, rooms were clean and comfortable, but the place is woefully understaffed and service was lousy. I think the management is really cutting corners on what could be a very nice place. At many times only one person working the front desk for a hotel of this size means the wait could be excruciatingly painful. I needed to be put through to my colleagues room so when I called the front desk it just rang and rang. I put it on speaker and did some other things before it was finally answered about 4 minutes later. She then hurriedly connected me with no answer and I found out the next day he never got the call even though he was in his room at the time, I wondered if she even bothered to look up his room. I needed to view a presentation on my room TV and even though it had 3 HDMI inputs after trying to get them to work I called and was told the hotel had disabled them, and I could not use them. Upon walking to the lobby I noticed not one but ALL of the trash cans along the way (elevator, hallway, lobby) were overflowing with garbage. Out the top and onto the floor. The internet was so bad I had to use the hotspot on my phone instead of the hotel wi-fi. This might be a good hotel if you don't care about these things, but I wouldn't recommend this hotel for the business traveler, especially if you need things like internet, or any kind of expeditious service.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Kellea C, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Bob b,

Thank you so much for your review about your stay with us. I am so sorry that you were disappointed with your stay and that our service was not up to the standards that we strive for. This is definitely not typical for us and I will personally look into our staffing levels. I will also follow up with our internet provider to see why you were not able to connect. We have recently upgraded all of our internet equipment and access points, so this is a surprise to me.

Thank you for sharing your feedback as it is vital to the success of our hotel! I hope that this stay does not deter you from staying with us again.

Bangalore
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Stayed at Crowne plaza on business for 5 days. Very close to most of the eateries and walking distance from Hertz rentals. Hotel runs periodic shuttle service to Galleria mall, which is quite convenient.
Hotel is about 50 dollar taxi ride form Dallas airport . Addison is a small town and with plenty of dining /eat out options.

Dear Bangalore-Gypsy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay with the Crowne Plaza Addison! We look forward to having you as our guest again very soon.

Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Spent a great night here. Restaurants within walking distance. Staff was friendly. It was a busy night, and the front desk still had a line at 10pm, but when I got there at 3pm, there was no wait.
Easy to find and plenty of parking.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear mommalowery_12,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review and for being our guest at the Crowne Plaza Addison. I am glad to hear that your stay was clean and comfortable! We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Alameda, California
Reviewed April 8, 2014

The facilities are nice enough after their recent remodel (though the bed blanket was remarkably nubbly and uncomfortable, to the point of making it difficult for me to sleep). The staff performance is where they need work. My checkin experience was a disaster - they told me one room number and keyed my door card to another, then decided I couldn't stay in that room because it was occupied (despite no evidence that it was), and then I received a completely incorrect invoice (with the wrong name and checkout day). They fixed all these problems and were very helpful, but this level of incompetence is not acceptable. The breakfast buffet is hugely overpriced (luckily my organization paid for it) - uneven temperature and quality of food, and uneven service. One morning I didn't get any water until I was nearly finished with my breakfast. The meeting facilities were adequate, but I hope my organization doesn't plan another event here.

1 Thank cyberqueer
Kellea C, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that you had such a bad experience. I will definitely look into this as this is not standard for our hotel. We pride ourselves in our service to our guests and your experience is unacceptable.

I will also look into your experience in the restaurant. Thank you for letting us know as without this feedback, we are unable to become better.

I hope that you will give us another try and stay with us again.
Director of Operations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria
The Westin Galleria Dallas
Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Addison
Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria
Courtyard Dallas Addison/Midway

Been to Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison? Share your experiences!