“Cheaper rates around the corner”

Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Addison
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Other reviews are accurate. Service mediocre. Rates were high, especially when we found out the hotel across the street (which friends were staying at) seemed to have more staff, better service AND significantly less expensive!

Room Tip: Double beds make sleeping tight if more than one sleeper per bed.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Kellea C, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear LanG4523,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I would like to get more information from you so that I can look into your comments further. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

The property was nice, rooms were clean and comfortable, but the place is woefully understaffed and service was lousy. I think the management is really cutting corners on what could be a very nice place. At many times only one person working the front desk for a hotel of this size means the wait could be excruciatingly painful. I needed to be put through to my colleagues room so when I called the front desk it just rang and rang. I put it on speaker and did some other things before it was finally answered about 4 minutes later. She then hurriedly connected me with no answer and I found out the next day he never got the call even though he was in his room at the time, I wondered if she even bothered to look up his room. I needed to view a presentation on my room TV and even though it had 3 HDMI inputs after trying to get them to work I called and was told the hotel had disabled them, and I could not use them. Upon walking to the lobby I noticed not one but ALL of the trash cans along the way (elevator, hallway, lobby) were overflowing with garbage. Out the top and onto the floor. The internet was so bad I had to use the hotspot on my phone instead of the hotel wi-fi. This might be a good hotel if you don't care about these things, but I wouldn't recommend this hotel for the business traveler, especially if you need things like internet, or any kind of expeditious service.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Kellea C, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Dear Bob b,

Thank you so much for your review about your stay with us. I am so sorry that you were disappointed with your stay and that our service was not up to the standards that we strive for. This is definitely not typical for us and I will personally look into our staffing levels. I will also follow up with our internet provider to see why you were not able to connect. We have recently upgraded all of our internet equipment and access points, so this is a surprise to me.

Thank you for sharing your feedback as it is vital to the success of our hotel! I hope that this stay does not deter you from staying with us again.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Stayed at Crowne plaza on business for 5 days. Very close to most of the eateries and walking distance from Hertz rentals. Hotel runs periodic shuttle service to Galleria mall, which is quite convenient.
Hotel is about 50 dollar taxi ride form Dallas airport . Addison is a small town and with plenty of dining /eat out options.

Dear Bangalore-Gypsy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay with the Crowne Plaza Addison! We look forward to having you as our guest again very soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Spent a great night here. Restaurants within walking distance. Staff was friendly. It was a busy night, and the front desk still had a line at 10pm, but when I got there at 3pm, there was no wait.
Easy to find and plenty of parking.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear mommalowery_12,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review and for being our guest at the Crowne Plaza Addison. I am glad to hear that your stay was clean and comfortable! We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

The facilities are nice enough after their recent remodel (though the bed blanket was remarkably nubbly and uncomfortable, to the point of making it difficult for me to sleep). The staff performance is where they need work. My checkin experience was a disaster - they told me one room number and keyed my door card to another, then decided I couldn't stay in that room because it was occupied (despite no evidence that it was), and then I received a completely incorrect invoice (with the wrong name and checkout day). They fixed all these problems and were very helpful, but this level of incompetence is not acceptable. The breakfast buffet is hugely overpriced (luckily my organization paid for it) - uneven temperature and quality of food, and uneven service. One morning I didn't get any water until I was nearly finished with my breakfast. The meeting facilities were adequate, but I hope my organization doesn't plan another event here.

1  Thank cyberqueer
Kellea C, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that you had such a bad experience. I will definitely look into this as this is not standard for our hotel. We pride ourselves in our service to our guests and your experience is unacceptable.

I will also look into your experience in the restaurant. Thank you for letting us know as without this feedback, we are unable to become better.

I hope that you will give us another try and stay with us again.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

When I arrived to check in , I was told my room was ready, upon entering the room it was obvious it was not. The bathroom was a disaster and had not been touched. The elevator was broken and remained that way through my entire stay (3days/2nights). Room service was a joke the food was burnt and cold. When I went to eat at the restaurant they provided a "special" menu consisting of choices better suited to a fast food joint, I asked about the menu shown at the door, they told me they had decided not to serve it but did not bother to tell anyone. When I asked the manager about it he said "that's the way it is". Did try breakfast buffet on last day and it was okay. Have stayed here before but probably never again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear chernobog1,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate to see you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We would like to obtain some additional information about your stay and have sent you a private message.

Thank you again for your comments, we hope to hear from you soon.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I just returned from a 9 night stay in the Crowne Plaza in Addison. All over the board I was very satisfied. I used a lot of their services, since I not only stayed in one of their rooms, but used their meeting facilities, bar, restaurant, breakfast, business center and fitness rooms. Every time the service was great, the staff friendly and resourceful and the services, food and drinks of excellent quality. Whenever I return to Dallas, I know where to go!

Room Tip: I stayed at Club level, nice and spacy rooms!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Kellea C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear HansK1966,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review!!! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your extended time with us at the Crowne Plaza Addison! We look forward to having you as our guest again VERY soon!

Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
Courtyard Dallas Addison/Midway
HYATT house Dallas/Addison
Best Western Plus Addison Galleria Hotel
Radisson Hotel Dallas North-Addison
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Addison
The Westin Galleria Dallas

Been to Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison? Share your experiences!