“Wonderful stay in Addison” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison

Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Addison
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Wonderful stay in Addison”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

I just returned from a 9 night stay in the Crowne Plaza in Addison. All over the board I was very satisfied. I used a lot of their services, since I not only stayed in one of their rooms, but used their meeting facilities, bar, restaurant, breakfast, business center and fitness rooms. Every time the service was great, the staff friendly and resourceful and the services, food and drinks of excellent quality. Whenever I return to Dallas, I know where to go!

Room Tip: I stayed at Club level, nice and spacy rooms!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kellea C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear HansK1966,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review!!! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your extended time with us at the Crowne Plaza Addison! We look forward to having you as our guest again VERY soon!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

I love staying there. Comfort, peace, and awesome people.I'll stay there next time for sure. Everything was good. Great service, clean, all good indeed. Nice location as well; a very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kellea C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your wonderful stay with is at the Crowne Plaza Addison! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to having you as our guest again very soon!

Amarillo, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Great staff!
You cannot get into the hotel from the parking garage without a key. Kevin saw me struggling with getting luggage up the ramp only to find I could not summon the elevator and he used his employee card to let me in so I could check in. Check in was easy but the only perks I got were a few pieces of candy and a bottle of water. Really???
Hotel restaurant has pretty standard food but a great wait staff. Lawrence is the best waiter ever. Even when the restaurant is crowded and chaotic, he is the calm in the eye of the storm, getting everything where it needs to go just at the right time. He is so personable and professional that he makes it a pleasure to eat in this otherwise ordinary restaurant.
The hotel has just completed a major renovation. I have stayed here many times in the past for conventions and do not see much of an upgrade. There is new carpet and wallpaper, some new decorative but nonfunctional chairs - you can't sit in them they are so small - and new decorations. The beds are okay but not spectacular, about the same as they have always been.
The pool area is nice but it is also the smoking area and so you get a lot of lingering cigarette odors. Workout rooms are odd, one space had the treadmills and a completely different space has the weights, and you have to go through the pool area to get to either.
Summary - clean, comfortable enough, but the only wow factors are the great people who work here.

Room Tip: Ask to be in the front corridor of the hotel by the elevators as it is a long walk to the back.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank TexasRed79109
Kellea C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear TexasRed79109,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us! I am glad to hear that Kevin and Lawrence made your stay a delightful one! I will share your comments with them as well! It is nice to hear such great things about them. I appreciate your feedback in regards to our recent renovation and for bringing these things to my attention. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Crowne Plaza while on business in Dallas. This hotel is well located not too far off Belt Line Road, which has a ton of restaurants on it. It's also not too far from the Galleria and other shopping. We arrived around 8:30pm. There was no line to check in, so it was pretty quick. The desk person was professional and efficient, gave us our key as well as the free wi-fi passcode, and told us the restaurant was still open if we had not had dinner yet (we had.) We parked in the parking garage, which the closest the elevators. When we brought our luggage to the side door, there was a man who looked to be homeless or lost wandering around. This doesn't seem to be an area where that would be common, so I was a bit surprised. We did NOT have to use our room key to open the exterior door since it was before 11pm.

Our room was on the second floor. There were quite a few meeting/conference rooms on that floor, one had the lights off, but the room door was propped wide open. No meeting was in session, but it appeared they were either setting up for one or just hadn't tidied up from one. Having planned conferences as part of my job, our group frequently traveled with av and electronic equipment, as well as proprietary information, which was occasionally left in the conference room overnight (we always requested the doors be locked, though.) So hopefully in this case, the group meeting in that room had finished and the room just hadn't been turned around yet.

The room: We were give an "accessible" room, which is perfectly okay with us, though not necessary. The room appeared to have been recently updated and was really very nice. Even had a small refrigerator. There was a king bed, upholstered chair, dresser with a large flat-panel tv on it, and a desk with a lamp and coffee pot. There was a mirror on the wall above the desk, but it had been mounted way up high. While it was a nice decorative mirror, it would be useless for anyone in a wheelchair. I'm 5'4" and it was almost too high for me to use standing up.

The bathroom was huge with just one sink, and a roll-in or walk-in shower. Good water pressure (yay!) PLENTY of towels!!!!! Amenities included the usual: shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and soap. There was a lighted vanity mirror, so I unplugged it and used it at the desk while doing my hair and makeup so my husband could have the bathroom sink. I like having a vanity mirror---nice touch.

The only true negative I can think of regarding the room was that the deadbolt didn't seem to really "catch" all the way.

Very nice room, comfy king bed. So after a very long, tiring day, and a hot shower, I was ready for some good restorative sleep. But it was not to be. And it was not the hotels fault at all. I don't know who the rowdy people were on our floor, but we were awoken once by them yelling somewhere down the hall in a room (I guess) and then another time when they were right out in the hallway near our room, yelling. Then it occurred to me that the exterior door was unlocked until 11pm, so anyone could access the room floors, and our room's deadbolt didn't seem secure. Who ARE these people? Guests? Vagrants? Didn't sleep a wink after that.

We checked out the next morning, and the front desk attendant was very nice and cheerful.

If it were merely based on the room and the staff members, I would give this hotel five stars. I only gave it 4 stars because of the feeling of not being completely safe. And while that may have been totally situational due to the guy wandering around outside the exterior door, I'm not sure I would recommend this hotel to a woman traveling alone.

Room Tip: Ask to be on an upper floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank KatKnapTrvl
Kellea C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Addison. Your feedback is crucial to the success of our hotel. I am so glad that you liked your room and that the front desk staff was accommodating. I want to apologize on behalf of the guest that was causing a disturbance during your stay and wish that we could have ensured you felt safe in our hotel. The security of our guest is our number one concern and we will ensure all of our rooms have working deadbolts.

Thank you again for your wonderful review and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

I had to travel to Dallas for a funeral this past week. In the rush to get to the services, I made a mistake booking my hotel and I ended up with nowhere to sleep. I am a member of the IHG frequent travelers group and I was advised that there might be a room available in this hotel. I got in touch with Mariah at the front desk and she immediately jumped to my assistance. Her demeanor made a lot of the stress I was under leave me. There are a lot of hotels in Addison, but having a star like Mariah on staff makes this property standout in my opinion!

Room Tip: Having read some of the other reviews of this property, I can say that the post renovation hotel is...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear ReillyFamily,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! I am so sorry to hear of your loss and our thoughts here at the Crowne Plaza Addison are with you, however I am glad that Mariah was able to take a stressful situation and make it much easier one for you. I have to agree that she is a star and we are very lucky to have her here at the Crowne Addison!

We hope that the next time you find yourself in the Addison area, you will visit us again!

Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

The bed was very comfortable and the hot tub was great. The staff made sure that my needs were met during my entire stay. Since this was a work trip and I was working odd hours, getting a good night’s sleep would have been difficult without the cooperation of the staff and comfort of the beds. The free breakfast buffet also had a nice selection each morning.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kellea C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear strato_1,

Thank you so much for writing about your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Addison! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to make it a successful trip for you.

We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Crowne Plaza Addison
Hartsville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

The only reason I gave it a 4 star rating was due to the fact it was under renovations. We knew about that and thought it would have been done by the time of our stay. We had a large group and stayed about 5 weeks at this hotel. The gym equipment was good, the weight room had one piece of equipment that could have used some updating and it would have been nice to have free weights in the room. The cardio room was available for about a week before it closed for renovations. However, the hotel did give us access to a local gym at no additonal cost. Room were nice, but we did have to push to get our refrigerator and microwave we were promised. Breakfast was great, fresh made to order omeletes, Smoked salmon daily. Parking all around the building with elevator access inthe parking areas. Be prepared to walk to your rooms from the front desk, breakfast room, tons of resturants nearby(within walkiing distance). We were there for 5 weeks adn never ate at the same place twice except for our breakfast.

Room Tip: I always ask to stay away from the elevator.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear michelle h,

Thank you so much for your review about your stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Addison. I am so glad that you enjoyed your extended stay with us and that we could be your temporary home for 5 weeks! I am glad to announce the completion of our renovation! We even added free weights in our weight room!

Thanks again for your great feedback and we look forward to having you as our guest again very soon!

Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria
Courtyard Dallas Addison/Midway
Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre
The Westin Galleria Dallas
HYATT house Dallas/Addison
Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria

Been to Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison? Share your experiences!