“Good location, pleasant stay”

Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Addison
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good location, pleasant stay”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I visited this location from February 8-10, 2013. I stayed in a King suite on the club level. However, the lounge is not open on weekends. Instead, I was given vouchers for drinks, breakfast and appetizers. Unfortunately, I did not have an opportunity to use all of them because you could only use them during certain hours. The breakfast buffet was decent, however, when I requested a mimosa on Sunday morning I was told that alcohol was not available in Addison, Texas on Sunday mornings. Other than, that I did not visit the restaurants. The outdoor pool looked inviting but it was too cold to use it. The room was nice. I think it had been recently remodeled based on other reviews I have read. It was very spacious and comfortable with leather furniture.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Kellea C, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and giving such a positive review. We are going through a full hotel renovation starting in May of this year and have done some upgrades already. There will be plenty more to come and be excited about so please come back and see us so you may enjoy those upgrades as well.

If you would be so kind as to give me a call when you have a chance so that I may gather more information about your comment regarding the Mimosa on Sunday morning. My direct line is 214-259-0089

Thank again for staying at the Crowne Plaza Addison and we hope to see you again soon.

The Crowne Plaza Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The rooms are comfortable, but could use a mini fridges in the standard rooms and some updating. Good location, close to the Galleria with free shuttle service from hotel and back. Probably a better hotel for businees travelers than for couples on a weekend get away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for staying with us and giving both positive feedback along with information that can better our hotel for all guests visiting. We are excited to say that we will start our hotel renovation in May of this year and will be completing upgrades that will benefit leisure travelers as well as business travelers.

We would be delighted if you would come back and see us again soon.

Plano, Texas
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The rooms are comfortable and a good value for a convention hotel. There are key-card activated elevators near the back for easier parking access. The stairwell is quicker and more convenient than the main elevators but not many guests seem to know about it. The meeting rooms are quite nice.

The one glaring flaw is the restaurant. The food is fine, but the waitstaff does not want to serve guests. They would hang out in the busing station and ignore the tables (the place was only half filled). I was completely ignored and yet an 18% gratuity was added to the bill. My hypothesis is that the wait staff were in some kind of labor dispute with management and were carrying out a work slowdown, but that is just a guess.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your recent comments. We appreciate you staying with us and also giving us feedback both in a positive manner along with an area that we can improve our guest relations. I will be able to take this information and use it to make a better place for all our guests to visit.

Again, thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you back soon.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The rooms were very dirty. The carpet was stained all over in the room and in the hallways. The wall paper was loose in the room; holes in the wall were left uncovered. I had stayed in cheap motels which were a lot cleaner and nicer than this place. No wonder why they keep posting deals on Groupons.com!

I had to call the manager many times who finally got the room "semi" cleaned" or at least dusted since the stains in the carpet were left untouched. This should be "-1" star hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sergio O, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We responded immediately to the guest complaint by having our room attendants refresh the room and we also inspected the room twice to make sure everything was taken care of for our guest.The manager did leave a message also for the guest if their were any concerns about the room which we did not hear anything.the next day the guest then said the beds had dust under the mattress .Again we responded and found nothing,but we cleaned the room anyway and also had a complimentary fruit tray sent to the guest to apologize for any earlier issues.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This was my 2nd year staying at the Crowne Plaza and my 5th year attending/working a convention there.

As a guest, the rooms are great. Clean and cozy. Nice soft beds. Excellent housekeeping staff.

As a member of convention staff, this hotel is amazing to work with. The hotel staff goes out of their way to help us setup our event and all major issues were resolved quickly.

We are genuinely sad to be leaving the Crowne Plaza, only because we have outgrown their function space.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Carrollton, Texas
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Each year I help to run an event at the Crowne Plaza Addison and each year I could not possibly be more happy with how it turns out. The Crowne's flexible facilities, knowledgeable, friendly, and extremely helpful staff, and the most comfortable beds I have *ever* slept on keep my event attendees and I coming back year after year. That's not to say that we don't encounter *any* problems. With any group of over 1200 people, you're bound to have mechanical and personal preference conflicts. But these are handled promptly and effectively by the hotel staff the moment we inform them of said problems. Likewise, on the few occasions I have chosen to stay at this hotel on my own just to get away, I have never had a complaint that wasn't promptly remedied. And on the few occasions that the hotel has not been able to completely resolve an issue, we have always come to an amicable compromise. To my knowledge (and we do ask them), we have never had a case of the hotel staff being un-helpful or rude to any of our attendees. Because of this and our continued success there, I could not recommend any facility more highly than the Crowne Plaza Addison for *any* style of event you wish to hold.

Room Tip: The 4th floor is a quiet floor with extra luxury amenities. The hot tub is very large and is open y...