“This Was A Nice Stay But...”

Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Addison
Victoria, Texas
“This Was A Nice Stay But...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

OK so here is a list of things they did well followed by some items I personally think they should work on.

Great Customer service at the lobby and at meeting our personal needs. The morning shuttle driver was awesome!

The manager and staff were extra friendly.

Facilities were nice clean and inviting

Room interior is nice but my rooms sprinkler systems were missing the trim kit. Nice open holes.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank runge_sean
Kellea C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Sean R,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will have my engineering department address the sprinkler caps to ensure that all rooms have these in place. Thank you for providing us with your feedback as we take pride in providing EXCELLENT customer service to our guests.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Humboldt, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I traveled to this Crowne Plaza on business for a conference located at the hotel. This is a very large hotel, with many conference rooms ideal for large and small groups. I would not recommend tho hotel for families, although if just for an overnight stay it would work. The rooms are slightly outdated. I was disappointed that the cardio exercise equipment for a hotel of this size was so limited. I ate the breakfast buffet each day, not much variety, but it worked. The service at the hotel was great- I arrived from my flight around 11 pm, checked in was fast, went to the room to find out the tv was broke, called the front desk and there was a repair person to the room in less than 5 minutes to fix the problem.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear iowadds,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide feedback about your recent stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Dallas near Galleria - Addison. With feedback like yours, we are able to improve our services and address areas of concern. I wanted to let you know that we are undergoing the planning stages of a multimillion dollar renovation which will update the decor of our guest rooms and public areas.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Addison area.

Little Rock, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

This hotel did not have any free internet. We could not beleive it, even a 1 star hotel like microtel has free internet. They don't allow checkin before 3PM. We had to wait for 2 hours to get into our rooms. The rooms were dingy, old, wall papers coming off in bathrooms, TV's are old, beds are so small. Housekeeping does not clean the room, do not remove the trash, renew the towels, clean & redo the beds for the next day stayers. We cannot believe how they are rated 3-4 stars. VERY VERY BAD EXPERIENCE.......NEVER STAY HERE...Next door Marriott Courtyard is so much better....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kellea C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear cricket s,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your most recent stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Addison. Needless to say, I am completely shocked and appalled by the unusual experience you had. We have been reviewing all our procedures to identify how such a lapse in our high standards could have occurred and are ensuring that we correct these issues.

I truly appreciate your honest feedback and apologize greatly for the substandard service. I hope that we will be able to have you as our guest again in the future.

Thank you again. Warmest Regards,
Longview, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed the this Crown Plaza for 3 days and 2 nights over Labor Day Weekend. Very nice hotel. Lots of beautiful woodwork. Gift shop. restaurant on location ( pricey, but good quality). Lounge with great comfy Chairs to chill out at. Check in was a breeze and quick. Phenomenal staff. Very helpful and allways very friendly. We really loved the outdoor courtyard pool area. They have a enormous hot tub! Awsome! The room was clean and large. Nice furniture. The bed. That bed was awsome! Very compfy. Free internet. Free parking.Free shuttle over to the Galleria Mall. Working ice machines. The only cons I can really quip on is the T.V.'s are small and OLD. And the air conditioner was noisey. But this is a great place to stay in this area. Take a look! Thanks

Room Tip: With the way the hotel is layed out ( wings with rooms ). If you dont want to walk a lot, Be sure to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mur018
Kellea C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Mur018,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your long weekend with us at the Crowne Plaza Addison! Thank you for so much for providing your feedback and your tips for future stays! We are getting new TVs soon with our renovation and are looking forward to updating our guest rooms.

Again, thank you for your wonderful comments and I hope to see you again the next time you are in the Addison/North Dallas area!

Trondheim, Norway
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

If you plan stay one night this is an okay choice, however if you are on an extended stay I would definitely stay away from this hotel. We were here for business and relay on internet, first of all the quality of the internet is some of the worst I ever have experienced!!!! For instance if you go up to Super8 which is really close, their internet is much better. The second annoying part of the internet was only one device could be used, so choose... either your Ipad, Iphone, laptop or what you use. Third annoying part, every time your device is turned off, yeah, you have to sign in again!

Then there were the bugs! Omg, never have I experienced so much problems with bugs. Even the cheapest hotels in Egypt did not have as many bugs as we experienced here.

The food: Being in the hotel for an extended stay we were told not to bring food into the room due to possibilities of attracting bugs, when ordering room service we were to call down and tell the trays were outside. However, why call down when the trays would not be removed until late the next day??

Then there is the pool and Texas size spa. Not cleaned often at all!

The gym: Thank heaven their shuttle take you to an other place as part of the equipment were malfunctioning or broken. Also for such a big hotel it is a rather small gym. Also; they use tap water in the gym, so do not expect good tasting water after your work-out! Just check it, they have coffee cups over the "lids" to hide the fact it is just pure tap water.

The only reason I am not giving a "Terrible" review is due to the majority of the staff being friendly.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Liz H
Dear Liz H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience with us. I am embarrassed that your stay was less than satisfactory. I sincerely apologize for the issues that you encountered and want to assure you that we are taking the necessary steps to address these.

Again I am sorry that your stay was not a pleasant as you should expect.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

Spent 6 days here for business and could not have been happier with how they accommodated our demanding group. Every meal and snack was excellent, requests were handled quickly, beds were comfortable and facilities very clean.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank PittsburghPhotog
Dear PittsburghPhotog,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay at the Crowne Plaza Dallas near Galleria - Addison. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope to see you again the next time you visit Addison.

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

The hotel was nice, starting with Claudia at the check-in desk; she was very helpful! The hotel iteself is very nice. There was a restaurant with a delicious, but little pricey, breakfast buffet. The bar has reasonable prices and is open until midnight during the week. The room was nice, but the shower was awful. The first night, I was on the 2nd floor; disappointed the room had no microwave or mini-fridge. The shower didn't look clean though; you can see about 15 new tiles installed near the showerhead where they must have repaired something. It was not tiled correctly and it just looked really bad. Then seeing the new tile next to the old tile made the shower look even more dirty. The 2nd night, I asked for another room and was moved up to the 3rd floor. Yay - got a mini-fridge this time! Same problem in the shower though; the tiles had grout and just looked dirty. The ac unit didn't work and at 11pm, Mr. Willie came up to fix it. He replaced the air filter (when he took of the ac unit cover, the room instantly cooled) and told me to call back if the room didn't cool within 30 minutes. 30 minutes later, even though the thermostat was set at 65 degrees, it still showed 74 degrees. But since I was sleepy and tired, I just removed the ac unit cover like I had seem Mr. Willie, the engineer, do and the room cooled quickly. All in all, it was a nice, basic hotel. I've stayed at better - it was fine for my business trip, but i wouldn't stay here with my husband.

Room Tip: The 4th floor seems to have a mini-fridge and microwave; the 2nd floor has neither. The pool view f...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Kellea C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide with your feedback from your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that Claudia and Willie were helpful to you. We take pride in providing great customer service to all our guests. I am embarrassed to learn that the conditions of your bathroom and air conditioning unit were below standard. I have passed the valuable information to my housekeeping and engineering staff so that they can pay extra attention to these areas in our room inspections. The next time that you visit the Addison, please contact me directly. Thank you again for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback so that we can become better for all our guests.

Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria
The Westin Galleria Dallas
Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre
Courtyard Dallas Addison/Midway
HYATT house Dallas/Addison
Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria

Been to Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison? Share your experiences!