“Done right...like you'd want it to be!”

Lefty's Lobster & Chowder House
Reserve with OpenTable
Lefty's Lobster & Chowder House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 206 Restaurants in Addison
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Beltline and Runyon Rd.
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The old forgotten (by me) Lefty's. Here's why it shouldn't be forgotten...listen to what I learned while speaking with the chef today.
- He picks his lobsters up alive, just flown in at the airport.
- He know's the boats and fishermen on a first name basis that catch his shrimp.
- They make EVERYTHING in house except the bread.
- They've been doing it for more than 20 years.
- They like all the "in folks" are totally in to the craft beer craze with several on tap.
- They sell tons of mouthwatering steak.
- They have something you have to try....the 1/2 & 1/2! (1/2 lobster bisque and 1/2 lobster chowder) created and made famous by a HUGE Dallas Cowboys Center.

Need another reason....they are about to start doing some really fun social promotions so be sure to start following them and post up with #LeftysLobsters

I need a nap.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

And it was wonderful. Not sure why we had never tried Left's Lobster before. My Mom and I both had seafood dishes that had a nice sauce. Thick well cooked fillets of fish. So delicious. Wife had a 'culled' lobster (1 claw taken for other dishes). It too was well cooked and tasted great. Full bar available. Great service. Intimate setting. Well worth the visit and we will be back.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have been eating at Lefty's for many years, and they keep me coming back. The lobster and steak are beyond delicious. The lobster bisque is delicious....better than bisque I have had in Maine. Desserts are made from scratch, and you cannot go wrong with any of them. My husband is not a huge seafood fan, but Lefty's is still one of his favorite restaurants to get a steak. Try the blue point oysters and the Lefty's coffee!
The staff has always treated me like family. No request is to large. Give Lefy'ts a try. You will be glad you did.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

The newspaper had an article about Lefty's that said a lot of good things. My wife and I met another couple there for dinner and had made a reservation. When we got there, we were immediately seated and the spectacular service began. I had 1 1/2 lobsters, my wife had a selection of fish and the other couple had lobster. I've got to tell you, this was very good lobster at a pretty reasonable price. All in all, we enjoyed the evening and would go back in a heartbeat.

1  Thank MAC3844
Reviewed May 7, 2013

A nice little place tucked away off of Beltline Road in Addison. They make a nice selection of home style cooked meals and an amazing selection of seafood favourites. Red and white checkered table clothes give it the old "mom and pop" feel. It is both quaint and intimate and the food is deelish!

Been to Lefty's Lobster & Chowder House? Share your experiences!