“A Very Nice Restaurant For Seafood”

Lefty's Lobster & Chowder House
Reserve with OpenTable
Lefty's Lobster & Chowder House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 200 Restaurants in Addison
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Beltline and Runyon Rd.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Located in a small strip mall this restaurant will not disappoint you. The staff is friendly and provides excellent service. I started with the Lobster Bisque (with meat) $7.95, my entrée was the special for the day of Wasabi coated Scallops with potatoes and green beans $24.95. My spouse had the very good Grilled Salmon with Dijon caper cream sauce and scallions $18.95. For dessert we shared the Crème Brulee $6.95. There is plenty of parking in front and reservations are recommended during prime times. We will most definitely go back next time we are in Addison.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Today's visit to Left's in Addison was a revelation. It has been some years since we were here last. I visited today with a fellow worker. We were welcomed quickly and efficiently. We were led to a table towards the middle of the restaurant where normally it would be extremely noisy. Despite the large crowd, we were able to speak and hear each other without any problem. (The large crown clearly indicates the perceived terrific quality of this establishment).

The gentlemen who brought us water was polite and friendly, telling us that our waiter would be along shortly. She was! Brittany looked after us as if we were her long lost family members. She could not have been nicer and more helpful.

My colleague ordered the lobster bisque, which he said was most enjoyable. We were given some delicious home-made sourdough bread, which was fresh and tasted good.

I requested a slightly modified version of the sea bass on their lunch menu. The fish was cooked perfectly; hot, firm but not overcooked. The cooked diced tomatoes and mushrooms over the fish added to the quality of the dish. The vegetables were fresh el dente; firm but not hard. All was good.

My fellow diner enjoyed his blackened tilapia very much. He saved some, which the Brittany gladly put in a take-home package for him.

I cannot say enough about the superb service, the delicious food and the pleasant family atmosphere. This place will most definitely feature on my list of favorite restaurants in Addison.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We love Lefty's! Great food with neighborhood enviroment. We usually have the lobster which is just as good as The Palm but less expensive. The service is always great. The owners have always been present and treat you like a celebrity.
The waiters are very attentive, We are from out of town and sometimes drive 2 hrs just to dine at Lefty's. If we lived in Addison we would certainly be regulars. Come early or get a reservation because it fills up quickly.
Linda
Tyler,Tx

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Had the pleasure of dining here while on business to Dallas. I met some friends around 6:30 and was at first a little skeptical since besides us there was only one other person in the restaurant. Within a half hour the place started to fill in which reduced my fear.

First I am a New Englander whose family owned fishing boats so seafood is not what I would be eating in Dallas but my friends had Tuna and Mahi for the entrees while I ordered a Rib Eye. My test for any meat is to taste prior to adding anything to it. My first bite let me know someone knows how to cook and the steak was seasoned to perfection. My guests loved their seafood. This is a very nondescript place that sits in a strip mall. The decor is mediocre at best with red walls but a ton of cool photos of all the famous people who have eaten a meal here.

I would eat here again based on my experience.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

The wait staff is not as good as the food...So what are you here for? Go!
Apparently I have to say this again, go and you won't be sorry!

Been to Lefty's Lobster & Chowder House? Share your experiences!