“Discrimination & Handicap Parking Violation”

Gloria's Latin Cuisine
Ranked #8 of 197 Restaurants in Addison
Cuisines: Mexican, Salvadoran
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Gloria and Jose Fuentes were seventeen years old when they arrived to the United States in 1978. Like many other young Salvadorians, they were filled with hope - longing for a better life than what they were experiencing in a cruel and intense civil war, and civil chaos which lasted many years (decades) in El Salvador. Without knowing each other, Gloria and Jose settled in Houston, Texas and faced the precarious existence and survival difficulties of undocumented immigrants for some time. Now we're cookin' Fatefully, love created a miracle when they met and moved to Dallas to work with Gloria's sister at a Salvadorian restaurant, which her sister owned in Oak Cliff. A year later passed, and Gloria's sister gave up on the restaurant and Gloria and Jose chose to take over. Despite all the obstacles, and showing amazing resilience and a persistent work ethic, their life was beginning to change for the best. Playing an entrepreneurial role - with no previous knowledge - they registered the assumed Gloria's name before the Dallas County Clerk on April 15, 1986. A few months later they became legal U.S. Residents under the amnesty provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Under Jose and Gloria's management, the little Salvadorian restaurant became distinguished for their tasty food. It was so full of flavor that an undercover critic of the Dallas Morning News gave them a very positive review. The next day there was a considerable line of Anglo clients waiting under the summer sun of Dallas, for an opportunity to indulge in the new and delicious dishes. Even William "Bill" Clements, Jr., The Governor of Texas at the time, was one of those curious customers. Gloria's growth has been a constant ever since then. Now boasting 15 Texas locations, the restaurant still serves the same delicious Latin cuisine that has been satifying hungry Texans for over 25 years.
Plano, Texas
“Discrimination & Handicap Parking Violation”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My fiancé and I visited Glorias Restaurant located at 5100 Belt Line Road, Addison, TX on 8/26/2012. When we arrived there was one empty handicap parking space and a high end luxury vehicle without a handicap permit was parked in the other handicap space. My fiancé has a prosthetic leg and we have a valid handicap parking permit so we parked in the empty handicap space. A valet attendant immediately approached my vehicle and when I rolled my window down he said that we were not allowed to park there. I showed him our handicap permit and told him that we were in fact allowed to park there. He then informed us that the handicap parking spaces are reserved for VIP per the restaurant owner’s request. The reason for this is so that they can avoid getting “door dings” on their luxury vehicles. I explained to him that my fiancé is disabled and we have a handicap parking permit and if he did not let us park there we were going to contact local law enforcement. The attendant would not let me get out of my vehicle and repeatedly told us that those parking spaces were reserved for VIP. My fiancé finally informed the attendant that he has a prosthetic leg. The valet attendant then reached his head into my car and over me to get a look at my fiancés leg. Once he saw that my fiancé was physically disabled he agreed to let us park there. This experience was extremely discriminating and the fact that the restaurant reserves the handicap parking spaces for VIP whether they are disabled or not is against the law.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank casey2193

Dallas, Texas
“Bouncers/Security guards unprofessional”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The place gets really crowded Saturday nights, it used to be fun now it's fair at best. The drinks are weak and the restroom facilities are a joke. At 2:00am they are ready to kick you out, the Police officers/security guards are ready to throw you out the door right at 2:00am. If you look half drunk they are ready to sweep the floor with you... very unprofessional. It's time for a makeover.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank eduardo v
Dallas, Texas
“We Loved Our Food”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I've heard about the Gloria's Restaurants in the Dallas/FT Worth Metroplex. Everything I heard was good and it's true. We arrived during happy hour. My friends ordered an assortment of drinks. They were all pleased. I had a house frozen margarita. It's not a large drink (thank goodness) but it was delicious and full of tequila. I felt very woozy after drinking just one, and I'm not a tee-totaler. The servers bring a basket of delicious chips and cups of bean dip and some really, really good and hot (spicy) salsa. I had spinach and chicken quesadillas. I gave one to my friend and I ate three. I had to get a takeout box for the others. My quesadillas were scrumptious. They were filled with lots of spinach and some out of this world grilled, smoky tasting chicken. My friends had fish, enchiladas, and nachos. My friend gave me one of her shrimp tacos. WOW!! Such flavor. I know what I'll be ordering on my next trip to Glorias. Everyone said they were more than satisfied with their drinks and food. Our server, Carlos, gave really good service. He was also very patient. I hate to say it, but I think we were a pain in the neck. There were nine of us. And of course not everyone was ready to order at the same time. Carlos was not the least bit bothered. A couple of us were hungry and ordered immediately. When we finished our drinks and food we took the "party" to the patio. It's hot in Dallas but for some reason the temp on the patio was confortable. I highly recommend Gloria's for food, fun, drinks, and atmosphere. Oh, and parents, you can bring the kiddies.

• Visited July 2012
Austin, Texas
“crowded”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I haven't gone to this place for night time partying, bc the wait to get in is extrememly long. You have to be on the list, at times. There IS a charge to get in after 9PM. Dinner waits are long also-especially if you have a bigger party. If you're eating dinner there, got there early, & then the nightime band comes, they take apart the tables to make a HUGE dancefloor. So, be prepared for standing (unless you are on the patio - no dancefloor there). Drinks are pricey - BUT I DO love their margarita. Pretty strong & tasty. Only times I go is for brunch bc it's less crowded & nice.

Visited August 2011
Dallas
“OK place to eat”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Nice place to eat, kind of expensive... you are paying for atmosphere

Visited May 2012