“Always like it”

Chamberlain's Steak and Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Chamberlain's Steak and Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 197 Restaurants in Addison
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Montfort and Preston Road
Description: Combining exacting service and elegantly appointed atmosphere, guests return again and again to enjoy such critically acclaimed specialties as prime rib, lobster and creme brulee. Five private dining rooms accommodating up to 100 people.
Gunter, TX
“Always like it”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Everything is so good that I will try different entrées instead of just sticking to steak and tators. The portions are sized perfect and service is top notch. I also like the fact that you can slip in the back and have a puff. That is almost enough to make me drive past some of the other steak joints.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank CarnivoreGunter_TX

“Best steak place in Dallas”
Reviewed October 7, 2011

This is our favorite steak place. In fact, after trying almost every other top steak place in Dallas, we now only go to Chamberlains for steak. Service is great, the daily specials are creative & fresh. The lobster bisque, crab cakes & cream corn are good accompaniments.

1 Thank Lgo987
Dallas, Texas
“Very Disappointing Service”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We visited the restaurant on a busy Sat weekend. Good first impression, the guy worked at the valet parking was very friendly. Like the atmosphere inside. However, the service was really disappointing. The restaurant was having a “restaurant week” special but the special menu was not offered nor was mentioned or introduced by the waiter. We asked for it when saw people from the other table having a different kind of menu. The candle on the table was not lighted until we asked (after the appetizer). The bread was finished but we have to ask for another one (the waiter was simply taking away the bread basket and didn't even bother to ask if we’d like more bread)… You basically have to ask everything or it would be forgotten. When we finished, the waiter basically throw the check and pen on the table. Three of us was looking at each other in disbelieve. Overall, the food was ok but not worth the price we paid. The service was definitely below the par. Don’t think we will come back begging for everything that we pay a high price for and get the check throw at us in a very unprofessional manner at the end.

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank Bill W
Frisco, Texas
“Meh....”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Went tonight for Restaurant Week. Started off with a scrumptious peach and ginger infused vodka martini. It was delish!!! We went early so didnt have a wait.

Our waiter was super attentive and friendly. Brought out some bread to start. The Parmasean bread with garlic butter was super tasty. We ordered the extra course-peaches wrapped in bacon. It wasnt very warm but did come out super quick. It had a great taste to it, but will say the bacon overwelmed the peach.

Then came our starter. I ordered the corn bisque and he ordered duck confit rolls. He said the rolls were good. I will say the corn bisque was creamy and sweet. I really liked it. Thought...man...i cant wait for the next course...

Next course, not so great. I ordered the sirloin, medium. It came out medium well. It did have a great garlic chimichurri sauce with it. I decided not to send it back, but it was super disappointed. He ordered the Prime Rib. The presentation was not great. The meat had a smoky flavor to it. I thought it had a good taste. The mashed potatoes that came with both...nothing special.

Last course was dessert. I had the molten chocolate cake. It was rich, but it was good. Prob would have the bread pudding next time. This is what he ordered. It had a great carmel sauce with it. I really wasnt impressed with the dinner, so I will say I will prob chose to go elsewhere for dinner next restaurant week!

• Visited August 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best food and service”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Had a great experience. Best bread and lobster bisque I've ever had. Prime rib melted in mouth, delicious. Waiter Ricardo was terrific. Great cigar bar after dinner. Only drawback, a little pricey but was worth it. Will definitely be a frequent site for us.

1 Thank klynch20