“Yum”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Reviewed August 12, 2012

It's good, it's a chain, but it's good, HUGE portions, nice pricing. ask for extra bread w/ your leftovers. the bread is the bomb!

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Walked in during the week and the place was almost empty. Seated promptly; but then waited at least 10 -15 minutes for a waiter to notice us. I do not where he was since there were hardly any tables full. Took our order and then, nothing until appetizer came. He, then said "oh, I forgot the bread...". My son, who was starving, was not happy! The food was fine, no complaints. However, the experience was ruined by the poor service AND the smoke in the "non-smoking" section.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

A combination lunch is so very good and such a good value! The caprisi panini is a melted cheese delight and I love the warm spinach and shrimp salad [although not on the combo menu].

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I keep giving this place another chance because it is so appealing. Italian food which is cooked to order. Clean premises with pleasant staff and generally good service. I also find the Chianti sold by the glass to be good.

But the food can really vary in Quality. I have had some meals which were spot on for me, but for the last couple of years something has changed. The chicken in the Caesar Salad has been served still frozen. The pizza one night was like card board. To be fair, when mentioned things have always been rectified by the staff or manager.

Last night I tried again. The bowl of olives was ok. The dinner salad was good. The chianti was fine. But the made to order Italian sausage pasta was terrible. It should have been called garlic pasta as the garlic was overwhelming.

I wish they could sort out the food quality issues and I would be a regular.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

I kept going back here because for a chain Italian restaurant the food is not bad. Even though they have changed up the menu I kept going, but I can't say I will return. The food is still okay and I have zero complaints about the wait staff. HOWEVER, the last two times I have been to this location, the smoke from the bar has ruined the meal. They allow smoking in their bar which is seperated from the non-smoking section by a small half wall. The smoke carries throughout the whole place. If you are seated in a booth next to the bar you may as well be in the bar with the smokers. I am sure those who smoke really like the fact they are allowed to do so in the bar, but for those of us who don't smoke it really ruins the whole meal. We mentioned it to the chef/manager who came to our table to ask about the meal. We said the food was good, but the smoke was making our experience unpleasant. He just shrugged and walked away. NOT good customer service. Even if he didn't plan to do anything about it, he could have at least apologized. There are way too many other Italian options available for me to return here.

Been to Romano's Macaroni Grill? Share your experiences!