“Restaurant Has Been Cleaned Inside--Some New Menu Items”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #46 of 204 Restaurants in Addison
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Good for: Large groups
Reviewed December 6, 2012

It has bene a while since we have dined at this location. Frankly the place was reflecting a little wear and the noise from the "wild" kids turned us off. This was a Sunday and we were hopping we would not have a repeat occurrence. Upon entering the establishment were met by a person wearing a lot of metals and pins. We assumed he was part of management. We ask to be seated in the left portion of the restaurant away from the large open room where many families are seated. He told us to wait and he would see what he could do. This must have been a real challenge as there were a total of 4 people, sitting in that section and about 4 or 5 waiters and waitress just waiting for the noon customers. We were seated as we requested. Shortly thereafter a young waitress, that obviously was not a professional waitress, appeared at our table with a bottle of wine and ask if we would like a glass of wine. She tried to sell it to us but not too pushy. We don't really appreciate this kind of approach especially in a low price Italian restaurant. If we decided to order wine it will be choosing from the wine list, not a bottle that has been carried around the establishment and handled by several waiters. We ordered and the meal was served. The entrees were good however they too were just as one would expect from this kind of a restaurant. This is not a real chef run kitchen but more of a chain just following previously prepared menu preparation. We did notice the prices seemed to have been raised a tad from out previous visit. There was a 2 for $25 special which they are selling however if you look at the entrees closely there is not a lot of meat being offered, mostly pasta and you might find sticking to the regular menu will be a better bargain. By the way the establishment appeared to have had the dining room recently painted and the carpet squares looked fairly new.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I like to go here but typically do the soup and salad. I alway enjoy that here. I have tried various other dishes, but find them to be on the bland side. I go elsewhere for Italian dishes. I think though for many people who do not want there food too spicy, this place is fine.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I live in Addison and on exhausting days I like to pick up some pasta and take home to sit in front of TV. On several occassions over past few years, we ordered kids meal with shrimp. Used to appear that any meat was included, but several months ago the menu was updated to say $1.25 for protein. But EVERY time my check comes with a charge from $3 - $7 extra for the shrimp. They always adjust it when I point it out, some times with more discussion then others. Eating there is always a great experience but when we get the food to go there seems to always be something missing. In the past they would miss part of my order fairly consistently. and rarely included utensil to eat with. Yesterday I insisted we check out what is in the bags before leaving, and there appeared to be a very small salad at the bottom of the bag. Appeared to be less then a cup of lettuce and about an equal amount of croutons. So since the meal included endless salad I asked if I could have a little more with my to go order. The brought me a large salad, and charged me for it. WHAT??? That charge was adjusted along with the extra kids meal charge without question. And when I got home I realized my original salad was large but just couldn't tell from what the server showed me in the bag. Food was incredible.Had a chianti while waiting and it was great too. Oh it also seemed to be a problem for the server to refill my son's kid's drink before leaving. So I recommend you eat there and don't get it to go.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Only problem.... I don´t fit in my pants now. Too much bread and endless bowls of soup. Don´t forget to buy a bottle of Olive Garden salad dressing and enjoy it with your family. You won´t regret it.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

I ate meat and it was very good.. I tried also a tipical italian dish with pasta but I didn't like it. It is a good place (meat, dessert and wine) but there are other italian restaurants better than olive garden

Been to Olive Garden? Share your experiences!