“The Best of the Best”

Arthur's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Arthur's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 202 Restaurants in Addison
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My family, family’s friends, and I have all been going to Arthur’s for over a decade and will continue to do so. Be it entertainment, fine cuisine, impeccable service, or live music that you are in search for, Arthur’s has all of the above. The owner and his staff will go to great lengths to ensure that you enjoy every moment you are there. Anything you can order on the menu is flawless. The sourdough bread on the table makes you believe you’re in San Francisco, the size of the shrimp on the shrimp cocktail is unbelievable, and the flavor of the filet makes you want to pinch yourself because you’ll think you’re dreaming. The décor of the restaurant, combined with the cigar lounge in the back culminates the entire package into the definition of perfection. I recently got engaged at the restaurant and they were able to accommodate every request I made with flying colors. You are truly doing yourself a disservice in life if you do not make Arthur’s a regular restaurant of yours to attend.

1  Thank Andrew C

Reviewed December 2, 2013

While we have eaten here before, this time was for a special occasion (anniversary) where we wanted great food and servie - Arthur's DID NOT DISAPPOINT!. The restaurant is fairly small - has a large bar lounge on one side and some relatively private dining areas on the other side. It has a very intimate feel to it - very traditional decor. Our waiter (Joseph) was probably the most attentive waiter we've had in 5 years but he made certain not to be intrusive. This obviously is a "repeat" restaurant as some of the guests at the other tables were greeted by their waiters like long lost family members. I had a steak filet and crab meat combination (one of the specials) and my wife had the grilled filet of sole - both were outstanding (portions are large so we had plenty to bring home for another meal). Had the double chocolate souffle for dessert and it was extraordinarily rich. While the wine list is fairly extensive we opted for just a 1/2 bottle of one of the domestic cabs. We'll definitely return for future special occasions (note - while the food is wonderful, the price reflects that as well - I think for a normal dinner, a party of 2 should expect a bill (before tip) of at least $100 but in our opinion it was well worth it!)

Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

I am no stranger to upscale dining. Over the past 30+ yrs., Arthur's has earned my continued patronage by never disappointing. They have never failed to impress my clients, friends, family and organizations with a level of perfection in all areas. Dinner at Arthur's is customarily the capstone of our visits; that was true when I resided in N. Dallas and still applies now that we have moved to the suburbs. It is one of our family's cherished traditions.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

When a restaurant our law firm had used for 5 years screwed up our 2012 Christmas lunchon reservations, we were desperate to find a quality facility for 45 people. Luckily, Arthur's came to mind. We called, they delivered. Service was wonderful, facility was beautiful, food was fabulous. We are going back to Arthur's for our 2013 Christmas luncheon.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

As local residents, we were in the mood to try a different restaurant rather than the same old fare along Beltline.

We arrive just after 7:00 p.m. last Friday night and were seated immediately (that should have been a clue that we weren't in for a terrific meal). There were only two other couples in the restaurant, but it was early, so didn't think much of it.

Our waiter approached immediately and offered wine and cocktails. We ordered wine and he brought our dinner menus but said to relax and enjoy the evening - no rush. (Another clue, however, I thought it nice not to be rushed as the usual restaurants want to turn their tables as quickly as possible).

The waiter advised us of the special - a $49 surf and turf. Two of the people in our party ordered the special and two of us off the menu. I wanted lobster, so I asked the waiter what was the difference in the kind of lobster on the special and the "market priced" lobster. He said one was Canadian and one was Australian. I asked what he suggested and he said the "market priced" lobster was wonderful but neglected to tell me the price so I jokingly asked "Can I afford it" and he said of yes of course, but again didn't give me the price. I was silly not to ask but expected it to be a little pricey.

Soup arrived, Champagne Brie. I was the only one that didn't have soup but the other three raved about it so I thought we were off to a good start. My friend and I shared Escargot which were very small and not very good.

Our dinner came and it looked great, however the minute I cut into my lobster (with a steak knife, I might add), I could tell it was overcooked and tough. I took a few bites and it had no flavor and was very very tough so I mentioned that to my friends. I tried a bite of the smaller lobster tail on the special and it was much better. Had flavor and wasn't tough, so I called the waiter over and told him I wasn't happy with my lobster that it was way overcooked so he took it to the chef. A few minutes later he returned saying the Chef said if was just fine, but "give her anything she wants" Not the response I was expecting as the message was delivered to me so that I knew the Chef wasn't happy with my complaint! He asked if I wanted anything else, and I relied no as the other people in our party were finished eating. He said he could bring me a free drink so I said okay. No apologies for the bad food and no adjustment to the $68 price of the lobster tail.

Dessert was brought for the other people in my party and it was incorrect and all the waiter said was, guess someone made a mistake.

We won't be going back to Arthurs and if you go - be sure to ask the price!!

2  Thank gneame

Been to Arthur's Restaurant? Share your experiences!