“Short of Excellent”
Review of Texas de Brazil

Texas de Brazil
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 206 Restaurants in Addison
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Belt Line and Addison Rd.
Description: Texas de Brazil is no ordinary steakhouse. It’s a dining experience like no other. Here, traditions of Brazilian cooking blend with Texas hospitality to create a lively atmosphere in an upscale setting. Your meal begins with a visit to our extravagant salad area where you can indulge in a wide array of seasonal roasted vegetables, fresh artisan breads, charcuterie, imported cheeses and other specialties. Then enjoy the rodizio-style dining that has made us famous. An endless parade of gaucho servers visits your table with skewers of freshly grilled beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage carved directly onto your plate. It’s all served with authentic side dishes of garlic mashed potatoes, Brazilian cheese bread and sweet fried bananas. To complement your meal, select from our award-winning collection of wines or traditional Brazilian bar creations. And don’t forget to treat yourself to one of our decadent à la carte desserts.
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The meat was very salty. The service was attentive but untrained. The witress insited in on reaching over to refill the water glasses instead of walking around. She swiped finished seemed to be anxious for us to move on. No special attention for Birthday altough it was on the reservations. Very pricey $45 per person for meal PLUS tax and tip. Slald bar is excellent.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

The service at this restaurant is top notch and the food is absolutely incredible. The salad bar has a variety of items for everyone to choose from and forget to try the rice and black beans they are excellent as well. Bring your appetite because there is plenty to choose from here.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

We've eaten at Texas de Brazil on several occasions, and we've always enjoyed it. The food is excellent, on most counts.

First, the salad bar: This is without doubt my most favorite feature. I'm generally more of a lacto-ovo vegetarian, and the classy variety makes me want to beg for more. They have a delightful selection of cheeses and other Mediterranean fare, and I can never seem to get enough of their olives, hummus, and salads. That said, on our recent visit I had decided I was going to just have the salad bar. A girl can only eat so much.

My husband, on the other hand, loves the churrascaria, and sees our trips to Texas de Brazil as an opportunity to try new meats. He picked a few of his favorites, and had an enjoyable time. I believe the filets were his favorite, and, surprisingly, this time he preferred the beef over some of the other options.

All-in-all, our food was delicious. HOWEVER, the service was really, really unfortunate. And sadly, I don't recall the server's name, or I'd let out a warning to steer clear. Let me explain. First, I made it through the entire meal, and our server never once noticed that I didn't eat a bite of meat. When he presented us with the bill for two full-priced meals, I was a little annoyed. He hadn't kept our drinks filled, and he didn't offer us dessert. And then, when we were ready to leave, he took no less than twenty minutes to present our check, clear our tab, and bid us adieu. The place wasn't that busy, he didn't have much to do besides fill our drinks, and I was highly annoyed that he wasn't ready to help us.

So, would we visit again? Possibly. But we'll probably head back to uptown Dallas next time, because we liked that restaurant's service much better.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

If you don't put the red card up, you will literally be swarmed by waiters trying to give you more meat! Some of the best (and expensive) food I've had in a long time. The salad bar was also very fine.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Special occasion after graduation ceremony, ate kind of early at 5:30 on a Monday. Place was filling up. What a fantastic salad bar, you could make a meal out of it alone. 2 people in our party did just that. For us "protein" people, the meats just kept on coming. Tried almost everything, except for the pork. The chicken items were good, but the beef, and selections, oh boy!! Only negative item was dessert. The waiter led us to believe it was included. We asked "is dessert included?" No, it is added. While the seven items looked great, we all passed.

Been to Texas de Brazil? Share your experiences!