“Best place in Addison”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 197 Restaurants in Addison
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Brazilian, South American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 100 Yards East of Midway Road
Description: Fogo de Chão(R) (fo-go dèe shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, Fogo(R) began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 20 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet market table, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Odessa, Texas
“Best place in Addison”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

The food in this place is absolutely amazing. Try not to get full with the salad bar cause the best this is all the meats you get after. Just flip your little chip and the guys start bringing some if the best meats I have ate in my life. Definitely wanting to come back to Fogo.

• Visited May 2014

Beaumont, Texas
“Fantastic Meal, Wonderful Service”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Having never been to a Fogo de Chao, I had no clue what I was walking into. Though I had heard stories, I didn't expect the smorgasbord that was soon to follow. Firstly, the service was absolutely incredible. Our waiter did a great job making sure our drinks were full and the sides on the table were always replenished. The folks serving the meat itself were quick, polite, and never ending. As for the food itself, it was simply amazing. Everything was cooked perfectly, the flavors were absolutely ridiculous, and you obviously don't have to worry about the portions. Eat as little or as much as you'd like, which could potentially leave you not hungry for nearly two days as it did me. Overall, it is an absolutely wonderful experience. As many have echoed, I'd skip the salad bar. Save room for the uncredible meats.

Caddo Mills, Texas
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I really didn't know what to expect from here, but the food was fantastic. The service was great, and the chefs' always had meat available. I tried lamb chops for the first time and thought that they were excellent. The sausage was very flavorful, and the chicken was tender and moist. I live an hour away, but the food made the trip worthwhile.The best suggestion that I can give is to go lightly on the salad bar because the best part of the meal starts when you flip your card from red to green. I can not wait to go back.

Dallas, Texas
“Excellent salad bar”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

This place has a lot of really good reviews, so my primary purpose is to make some comparisons to Texas de Brazil which has been our go-to Brazilian steakhouse for many years.

The ambience: Fogo de Chao is somewhat better, a bit more upscale and the dark colors give it a feeling of more intimacy.

The salad bar: both are very good, with tons of fresh veggies and great variety. I like both very much, but I am going to give the nod to Texas de Brazil because it has lobster bisque and I did not see any soup or bisque at Fogo.

The meat: both are very good and the selection and quality is very good. I am going to give the nod to Texas de Brazil because the wife's lamb leg and lamb loin chops were not that good. Both were rather chewy rather than tender and the flavor at de Brazil was better. Conversely, my beef (filet wrapped in bacon and ribeye) were excellent and I liked them very much.

The price: Fogo is $5 more per person for full dinner. Not that big of deal.

The service: Texas de Brazil has one dedicated waiter/waitress to your table (aside from the meat servers of course). Fogo seems to have a team of waiters who can help you. In fact, I was amazed at the number of waiters who were constantly walking around. The downside of this system is that there can be confusion--we were double charged for two drinks. They were removed without any problem, but that never happened at de Brazil. And for some reason, despite the large numbers of waiters, I seemed to have a problem finding one person who could help us when I needed it. Overall, service is very good at both places but I am giving the nod to de Brazil.

Overall: both are very good and you will get a great meal and be sorry that you ate so much at either place, but I am sticking with our old favorite for a return visit.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

This place is great. I've been coming here for a couple of years now and it's the best Brazilian steakhouse in Dallas. The food is great. You need to pick your favorites and stick to them. For me it is the leg of lamb, picahna, and ribeye. That's it. If it is your first time, try everything, but pick your favorites for next time. The cheese/bread/roll thing is great. I recommend going through a few baskets of them. The salad bar is ok, but I'd rather not waste time on that and get to the meat and rolls.

The manager is a great man and always welcomes me and my family. The service is always fantastic. They replace the empty roll basket immediately and usually get your drinks filled quickly. My only experience where the service wasn't absolutely amazing was when the usual manager wasn't there. I hope his vacation is nice, but it isn't the same machine without him there to guide it.

Also, go at lunch. It's cheaper.