“Excellent salad bar”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 100 Yards East of Midway Road
Description: Fogo de Chão(R) (fo-go dèe shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, Fogo(R) began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 20 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet market table, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Reviewed June 21, 2014

This place has a lot of really good reviews, so my primary purpose is to make some comparisons to Texas de Brazil which has been our go-to Brazilian steakhouse for many years.

The ambience: Fogo de Chao is somewhat better, a bit more upscale and the dark colors give it a feeling of more intimacy.

The salad bar: both are very good, with tons of fresh veggies and great variety. I like both very much, but I am going to give the nod to Texas de Brazil because it has lobster bisque and I did not see any soup or bisque at Fogo.

The meat: both are very good and the selection and quality is very good. I am going to give the nod to Texas de Brazil because the wife's lamb leg and lamb loin chops were not that good. Both were rather chewy rather than tender and the flavor at de Brazil was better. Conversely, my beef (filet wrapped in bacon and ribeye) were excellent and I liked them very much.

The price: Fogo is $5 more per person for full dinner. Not that big of deal.

The service: Texas de Brazil has one dedicated waiter/waitress to your table (aside from the meat servers of course). Fogo seems to have a team of waiters who can help you. In fact, I was amazed at the number of waiters who were constantly walking around. The downside of this system is that there can be confusion--we were double charged for two drinks. They were removed without any problem, but that never happened at de Brazil. And for some reason, despite the large numbers of waiters, I seemed to have a problem finding one person who could help us when I needed it. Overall, service is very good at both places but I am giving the nod to de Brazil.

Overall: both are very good and you will get a great meal and be sorry that you ate so much at either place, but I am sticking with our old favorite for a return visit.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

This place is great. I've been coming here for a couple of years now and it's the best Brazilian steakhouse in Dallas. The food is great. You need to pick your favorites and stick to them. For me it is the leg of lamb, picahna, and ribeye. That's it. If it is your first time, try everything, but pick your favorites for next time. The cheese/bread/roll thing is great. I recommend going through a few baskets of them. The salad bar is ok, but I'd rather not waste time on that and get to the meat and rolls.

The manager is a great man and always welcomes me and my family. The service is always fantastic. They replace the empty roll basket immediately and usually get your drinks filled quickly. My only experience where the service wasn't absolutely amazing was when the usual manager wasn't there. I hope his vacation is nice, but it isn't the same machine without him there to guide it.

Also, go at lunch. It's cheaper.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

This was my nieces choice for her high school graduation dinner. I had a 8:30 flight so we arrived at 5:45 for dinner. Restaurant is very inviting, nice and warm. Salad Bar is outstanding, but just take a "taste" because the meats have yet to arrive! Turn your red card over to green and 'here comes the beef"! Food was wonderful. Sister and Brother in Law ordered the Market Fish Dinner and neither one was impressed. I tasted the fish and I would have sent it back. Desserts are spectacular. Crème Brulee at 8.75, strawberry cream at 9.50 and the moulten lava chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream. All in all, a wonderful meal.

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

I had an amazing time for my birthday. They wrote happy birthday on my plate and also the salad bar was incredible.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We moved away from the area 10 years ago. When we decided to go back for a visit this was on the top of our to-do list. It did not disappoint. The service and food were outstanding. The caipirinhas were the best I've had outside of Brazil.