This was my first stay at the Super 8 in Addison. While I was a little disappointed with the room initially due to its old stained carpet and dark interior, I came to enjoy the quite location and unobtrusive service. This is a great value motel, especially if you're staying for a longer stretch, 2 weeks in my case.
I had a room with a comfortable king bed, microwave, fridge, coffee maker, free internet and abundant parking. Due to my longer stay, these amenities (especially microwave & fridge) really helped cut my travel costs. There is a Kroger grocery store a short drive away on Belt Line Road in a shopping plaza (that also includes a Target and dollar store) so I was able to stock up on food and necessities for my stay eliminating the need to eat out every night.
The location is excellent as it's situated on a quite residential street on one side, and restaurant row on the other. I often walked in the evenings to the nearby residential parks to sit and read by the ponds and fountains. There is quick and easy access to highways and the airport is about a 20 minute drive away.
Though I never really interacted with the staff other than to check in/out, housekeeping was always generous with coffee/tea etc but it's best to note that I left a tip every day of my stay to ensure good service.
- great amenities
- well situated
- stained carpeting
- housekeeping uses overpowering cleaning solutions requiring the need to air out the room.
- no bars/screens on windows so for safety reasons, you can't leave the window open at night for fresh air.
Overall, while it is definitely not fancy, it is serviceable and very reasonably priced. The pros out weight the cons so I would happily stay at this motel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amenities & Services Accessible Facilities Accommodations have bath in bedroom Hotel entrance is wheel accessible Commercial Banking/ATM Service University Dining and Entertainment Bar / Lounge Fine Dining Nightclubs General Hotel Information and Services ATM/Cash Machine Check-In - Early Check-Out - Late Copy Service Dry Cleaning Front Desk Ice Machine Laundromat Limited Service Housekeeping Restaurant Vending Machines Wake-Up Calls Health Activities and Sports Outdoor Pool Meeting and Event Facilities Conference Rooms Meeting Rooms Safety & Security Alarms - Audible in Public Areas Doors - Have Deadbolts Doors - Have View Ports Doors - Self-Closing Electronic Room Key System Emergency Exit Maps Entrance - Accessible by Exterior Entrance Fire Detectors Fire Detectors - In Hallways Fire Detectors - in Public Areas Fire Extinguishers - in Hallways Guest room floors - Multiple exits Security - Limited Smoke Alarms/Detectors - Audible Smoke Alarms/Detectors - Audible In Hallways Smoke Alarms/Detectors - Audible In Public Areas Video Surveillance - In Entrances Video Surveillance - In Public Areas Video Surveillance- In Hallways Windows - Locks Windows - Open Technology Services Fax Service High Speed Internet Access - Business Center High Speed Internet Access - Meeting Rooms High Speed Internet Access - Public Areas TV VCR/DVD Machine Rental Transportation and Parking Bus/Truck Parking Disabled Parking Outdoor Parking Park and Fly Parking Parking - Trailer Parking – Car RV Parking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Super 8 by the Galleria / North Dallas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Addison
- Super Eight Addison
- Addison Super 8
- Addison Super Eight