HYATT house Dallas/Addison
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenbedroom suitesummerfield suitesown bathroomtrio suitemade to order omeletsbasketball courtwalk in closetomelette stationliving areaapartment stylehome away from homeapartment complexextended staysleeper sofafull sizerooms are spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 7, 2014

This was my first stay at a Hyatt House, but the reviews made me optimistic. All in all, this is a very good property that treats its guests right.

The location can't be beat for getting around north Dallas. You're only minutes away from the Galleria and just a few blocks off the Dallas North Tollway. Be prepared, though: because the units open up to the outside, the property is noisier than hotels that open to the inside.

I arrived shortly before the 3 p.m. check-in time and was able to get a room. These are well-appointed and (mostly) up-to-date suites with plenty of space. If you read my other reviews, I'm pretty critical of hotels that are not equipped to handle the electrical outlet needs of today's traveler. I am happy to report this Hyatt House can handle it. Plenty of outlets, including an entertainment center with plugs built in.

The kitchen was very modern with a stainless steel refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and full range. What has become -- in my opinion -- a glut of properties advertising themselves as "all-suite" is misleading. Hyatt House truly IS ready to meet the needs of the extended-stay guest. Utensils, pots and pans -- all the normal kitchen stuff -- are there.

You have the ability to completely close off the bedroom, giving the occupants some privacy. The bed was comfortable and having a second TV is always nice if you travel with kids. The adjoining bathroom was decent. The only areas of dating were inside the actual shower-toilet area. Closing that door was like rewinding the clock about 15 years with a different color paint and somewhat dated fixtures.

Like similar properties, there is a manager's reception in the evening with complimentary food and beverages. It's hard to complain about free food and beer, but I was a little surprised that the beer was room temperature. I suppose that's a good way to keep people from overindulging, however.

The most bizarre thing for me is that I never found the elevator. This is a three-story property made up of apartment-style units. After checking in, I walked completely around the unit where my room was located and never found an elevator. Not a huge deal for me, even though I was on the third floor, but I find it confusing. Now I WILL be the first to admit that I could have missed it.

Room-temperature beer and a clandestine (or absent) elevator notwithstanding, you'd be hard-pressed to go wrong with Hyatt House in Addison. Friendly staff, well-appointed, and well-located.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Chace_Murphy
Charlie W, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Addison, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Chace_Murphy,

Thank you so much for your very kind review our the Hyatt House Dallas/Addison. I apologize for not responding sooner, but I wanted to make sure you know how much we appreciate your comments.

I appreciate your comment regarding the warm beer. Certainly we apologize as it should have been cold. We hope you will return to see the new addition of the HBar. This is something we added with our renovation that will offer 6 different beers, two that will be on tap, and 4 others that will be bottled. There will also be multiple choices of wine, as well as a full Spirit menu as well. We are awaiting our liquor license and then we will put that in full service. In addition, we now offer a very extensive food menu for you to choose from rather than a small buffet with limited hours. The HBar food is currently available from 5 pm to 10 pm every day of the week. These will also be the hours of the bar a well.

Again, thank you for your kind review of our hotel, and for recognizing all the great things about the rooms that we offer. We enjoyed having you as our guest. We look forward to the opportunity to have you with us again!

Hyatt House Dallas/Addison

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We are a family of 4, with two small children, and booked a two bedroom suite. It was absolutely perfect for us! We had two bedrooms with king beds, each with its own bathroom and a great living room and full kitchen. It was the perfect setup for us. The fridge came in handy and the provided coffee and tea in the room was a nice touch. There was plenty of space for us to spread out, and there was absolutely no noise to speak of. The check in staff were so nice and friendly and made the check in and out process really easy and fast. The lobby remodel is really lovely. We didn't wake up early enough to take advantage of their breakfast, but we have heard good things about it. If you don't mind taking the stairs, which we don't, it is a great hotel and we will surely stay again. The price was perfect and the stay was very comfortable. Thanks Hyatt House! We'll be back!

Room Tip: If you are unable to climb stairs, you will want to ask for a room on the ground level when checking in.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Charlie W, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Addison, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear AllSparkleTX,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at the Hyatt House Dallas/Addison. We really appreciate that you enjoyed being here enough to tell the world! We enjoyed having you with us, and look forward to you coming back to see what all of our renovation is bringing with it!

As we move foward, our new HBar Sip and Savor food menu will be available 7 days a week from 5 pm to 10 pm. This is something very new that we are confident our guests will really enjoy. Since you had kids with you, please know there will also be a kids menu as well!

Again, thank you for your kindness. It was our pleasure to have you with us!!

Hyatt House Dallas/Addison

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Recently I spent eight days here while on business and was surprized at how comfortable one can get in a hotel. This was my second stay. The front desk went out of their way to tell me where all the necessities such as grocery stores were and the kitchen was kitted out with everything one would need. I used the gym daily and was delighted with the machines equipped with videos. The rooms are spacious and nights were nicely quiet.

The day I arrived was the day a wicked ice storm hit and the next morning my car was encased in a good half inch of ice. The chap who was sanding the sidewalks found me deicer and a scraper! These don't come standard in Texas rental cars apparently.

The buffet breakfast was adequate and could have used some healthier options but there was no need to complain as I could easily make my own in the room.

Room Tip: Most of the guests are long term business travelers who are more interested in getting rest than in carousing. I prefer a room away from the pool though.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Charlie W, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Addison, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear Nellbluebell,

Thank you for your kind review of the Hyatt house Dallas/Addison. We enjoyed having you with us, and hope you are enjoying the holiday season.

I reading your review, I thought I would share some information with you about our renovation. This will bring a new menu for our guests that will include both healthier items, and more choices. We recognize the needs of our guests, and are adding new Hyatt standard items that will add the options you were alluding to, as well as more. We are anxious to show everyone the new look, and expect that to happy in early January of 2014.

Again, thank you for being our guest here, and for your kindness. Have a fantastic, safe New Year's. We look forward to having you with us again!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I was impressed with the room size, amenities and courteous staff during my week at Hyatt House Addison, TX. I will definitely stay again with my dog. Walking areas for furry friends were plentiful. I hope the remodel of their Lobby goes well for them.

Room Tip: I have no need for improvement.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Charlie W, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Addison, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Fm S,

Thank you for your kind review of the Hyatt house Dallas/Addison. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again. We want you to come back so you can see the renovation when it is finished. This change will bring our new Morning Spread breakfast, with a new menu including cooked to order omelets. In addition, we will be rolling out the H Bar, a full bar that will be available from 5 pm to 10 pm each night. You will also be able to order food items from our new Sip and Savor menu, where we will offer cooked to order food items during those same hours, seven days a week. We believe this is a better offering than a short timed buffet for 4 nights a week, as our guests will be able to get what they want.

Again, thank you for your kindness. We were happy to have you with us during your trip to the Addison area.

Have a great Holiday Season!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have stayed at this Hyatt house twice for around 8 and half months during each time. The front desk crew is wonderful. Howard and Daniel were the one I had my interactions most of the time and they both are really helpful. Howard has moved to another Hyatt property now. The rooms are nicely furnished with full size kitchen. If you want to stay for long term then this is the place as you don't feel as if it is a hotel. It is more of like an apartment complex with services of a hotel. I enjoyed my time staying there and I will definitely be staying there on my next trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cool1984
Charlie W, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Addison, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Cool1984,

Thank you so much for your kind words in this review. We appreciate it, and are grateful to have you as our guest. We look forward to having you back with us, when you will see all the changes that have taken place with our Guesthouse renovation.

Thanks again for recognizing Daniel and Howard, they are always appreciative of that. I know they have worked hard and earned the recognition from yourself and other guests.

We look forward to having you back.