“Could be 4-star, but too many small issues”

HYATT house Dallas/Addison
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Addison
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I've stayed at this property twice in the past month. I would give it 3.5 stars if possible. Pros - rooms are all quite large and well-equipped; on both occasions I was upgraded to an entirely unnecessary two-bedroom suite, but I appreciated the sentiment! Breakfast and evening social hour have plenty of food and drink; the shuttle service is helpful in the Dallas heat, even if you only need to go a couple blocks away. Four small elements knock the rating down for me, though. First, while the kitchen and bedroom areas of each room look top-notch (granite counters, stainless appliances), the bathrooms (toilet and shower) look no better than an average 2 or 3 star hotel. The tiling and shower heads are in desperate need of replacing. Second, internet speeds were very slow. Third, the room I was provided initially in one stay had air conditioning that did not work, and it took over 90 minutes for someone to respond. Lastly - and something I personally didn't mind, but something to keep in mind - with the external room entries, the property seemed slightly underlit for late evening arrivals.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Charlie W, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Addison, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Doug H,

Thank you for your kind words, as well as your constructive comments! We do appreciate all feedback as it only serves to make us better for you and for all of our guests.

I thought I would take a moment to follow up your comments as well, so you know what we are doing in order to address the items you brought up.

To begin, you noted the need for some renovations, specifically in the guest room bathrooms. We have been in process of renovating the hotel over the last couple years. Starting in 2014, we will be going back into the guest rooms and renovating these to the most current of Hyatt standards. That is part of our plan, and we invite you to come back to see that as it comes along. Also, starting October 28th of this year, we will be also renovating our entire lobby/public area. This will be a major change, and when it is complete you will find a very different place for our guests to gather. A couple highlights include a new foodservice area, and menu. This will also include a full service bar for guests to enjoy.

As to the internet, we recognize that is an issue. We recently doubled the size of our bandwidth, and through both times you were with us, recognized there was an issue with how our access points are distributed. We are currently working with our provider to revise this so that guests have better and faster access speeds. I don't have a date for any new changes, but that is something we are very aware of and continue to work to improve.

I do apologize that it took so long to address your Air Conditioning. If you care to contact me at the hotel, I would be more that happy to discuss that with you in person. This is not acceptable to me, nor our company.

Finally, as to exterior lighting, I understand your comment. This is also something I would love the opportunity to discuss with you as well. So, again, if there is any way we can speak directly it would be very helpful.

Thanks again, for your comments. We appreciate you being our guest!

Hyatt House Dallas/Addison

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Had never stayed at a Hyatt House before, but knew it used to be called Summerfield Suites. Experience with extended stay brands aren't that great, so I was pleasantly surprised by the nice decor and quality of furnishings.

The location is good, but know that there are a ton of hotels in the immediate area, so don't use that alone to choose between hotels. The service is pretty good, though, and the room was spacious. I was in a one-bedroom suite, and it was nicer than a DoubleTree Suites I've stayed at elsewhere.

Minor peeves include: close to the airport so you have a decent amount of noise coming through; exterior entrance, so you have to keep your shades drawn for privacy; if you're on the opposite side of the main building, it's not a short walk to your room; no elevators, which I'd imagine really sucks for the elderly and disabled.

All in all, this was a nice hotel, and perfect if you want affordable accommodation that doesn't feel "cheap."

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank dagongster
Charlie W, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Addison, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear DGNYC78,

Thank you for your kind words and we are very glad you enjoyed your stay while here at the Hyatt house Dallas/Addison.

We hope you will return to visit in the near future. Starting October 21st, we will be renovating our Guesthouse/Lobby area. This will not only bring a new look interior, but also a new food menu both at breakfast, and in the evenings. Lastly, we are adding a Full Bar to our guest offering that will be open 7 days a week from 5 to 10 PM!

Again, thank you for your kind words. We appreciate it, and look forward to having you come back.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We were in town for a basketball tournament, i had 4 boys with me. The hotel rooms were exceptional and the staff was awesome. The room was perfect because it was right by the pool and the basketball court for the boys to play. The complimentary breakfast was better than any I've had at a hotel; it was fresh, hot and plenty of choices for my family. We were very happy with our stay here! Thanks.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear La_B_Rob,

Thank you for your kind words and more importantly, for entrusting us with your visit to Dallas! We are so happy we could make your stay special. Thank you!!

We look forward to the opportunity to host you again. Starting October 21st, we will be renovating our Guesthouse/Lobby area. Not only will the look inside change, but also the food menu will improve! For adults, we will also offer a Full Bar at the hotel, open 7 days a week from 5 pm to 10 pm.

Thanks again for being our guest. We appreciate your kind review, and look forward to having you with us again!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We often go to Texas and this is always the place we stay. I really don't think there is any other place one should stay when in the Dallas area. The area is surrounded by a ton of places to eat (we like Mr. Sushi) and there are even a few bars in walking distance like Buffalo Wild Wings. The hotel is always super nice and clean and the staff is very nice and helpful. We like staying here because of all of that plus the kitchenette. It's nice to buy and store your Texas beer in the cold refridgerator while you're out shopping and eating before you head back. Seriously stay here.

Room Tip: Single king suite is the way to go.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlie W, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Addison, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Mikepayload,

Thank you for your very kind words. We appreciate your comments and are very glad that you enjoyed your stay here so much. We look forward to your return, and I hope to meet you personally on your next visit!

Thanks again for your kindness. It was a pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed here over the weekend of June 15th.. It is a great hotel. You get complimentary breakfast every morning. They have a evening social hour. The rooms are really, really, really nice. I had a one bedroom but my mom had a 2 bedroom. They have everything you would need to cook a full meal. All the comforts of home. They have a pool with beach towels also a jacuzzi. Everything was clean and nice. It was really quite at night. Everything is right down the street. The Walmart is right around the corner. And the price you cant beat. I only payed $80 a night. They don't have elevators that's the only set back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tmerritt
Charlie W, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Addison, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear tmerritt,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We appreciate your compliments and recognition of our hotel and staff. It was our pleasure to serve you and would love to have you join us again.

If we can ever be of assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This was our first night in the USA. The property is located north of Dallas. We had a 2 bedroom suite on the 3rd floor. There are no elevators to the guest rooms, so 6 large bags up 3 flights of stairs was not fun. The rooms and lounge were quite large. Our daughter made herself at home within minutes. While there was no smoking on the property, it was very clear the previous guest did not understand this rule and there was a strong smell as you enter the room. The kitchen was large and new. The bathrooms were a little older but had everything we needed. The included breakfast was yummy and had things for everyone. Very close to department stores and restaurants. I would definitely recommend this property if you are staying in the Dallas area. Just get a ground floor room if you have lots of bags.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AndyGood1972
Charlie W, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Addison, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Ktaw,

Thank you very much for your kind words. We appreciate your recognition and are very happy you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return, and I hope to me you all personally when you come back. It was a pleasure to have you here. We hope everything is okay for you up in Oklahoma and that everyone is safe.

Please feel free to contact me personally if I may be of further service.

Thank you!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We took our kids to Dallas for a memorial day weekend family vacation and with 4 boys, we needed space to stay in. We arrived and i was promptly greeted by a very friendly lady by the name of Tyrris. She sked me if we made it to the property ok( she noticed we traveled from Oklahoma). The check in process was very quick and we got to our room (on the 3rd flood..eek!!). I will say the hike up to our room was grueling, but this may be coming from being out of shape. I opened the door and was so impressed. Gorgeous living area with kitchenette, nice size rooms. Felt like instant home! People on here have commented about the bathrooms being small... yes they are, but i don't need to sleep in there..lol..so no issue on my part. The free breakfast was nice ( cereal, eggs, sausage, bacon, toast, bagels, pancakes, crepes), a little crowded the first morning, but my husband and I fixed a to go plate and headed back to our room. I have no complaints because free usually equals donuts, coffee, and muffins. The property was peaceful and even the other guests were friendly. Our boys wanted to play basketball and the front desk actually had a loner. We plan to make alot of mini trips to Dallas and this is our go to place from now on. Check out was just a quick as check in. I recommend this place to EVERYONE!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Ktaw,

Please feel free to contact me personally if I may be of further service.

Thank you!

Hyatt house Dallas/Addison

Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas Addison
0 mi away
SpringHill Suites Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Residence Inn Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria

Been to HYATT house Dallas/Addison? Share your experiences!