“I LOVE THIS PLACE”

HYATT house Dallas/Addison
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Addison
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We took our kids to Dallas for a memorial day weekend family vacation and with 4 boys, we needed space to stay in. We arrived and i was promptly greeted by a very friendly lady by the name of Tyrris. She sked me if we made it to the property ok( she noticed we traveled from Oklahoma). The check in process was very quick and we got to our room (on the 3rd flood..eek!!). I will say the hike up to our room was grueling, but this may be coming from being out of shape. I opened the door and was so impressed. Gorgeous living area with kitchenette, nice size rooms. Felt like instant home! People on here have commented about the bathrooms being small... yes they are, but i don't need to sleep in there..lol..so no issue on my part. The free breakfast was nice ( cereal, eggs, sausage, bacon, toast, bagels, pancakes, crepes), a little crowded the first morning, but my husband and I fixed a to go plate and headed back to our room. I have no complaints because free usually equals donuts, coffee, and muffins. The property was peaceful and even the other guests were friendly. Our boys wanted to play basketball and the front desk actually had a loner. We plan to make alot of mini trips to Dallas and this is our go to place from now on. Check out was just a quick as check in. I recommend this place to EVERYONE!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Charlie W, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Addison, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Ktaw,

Thank you very much for your kind words. We appreciate your recognition and are very happy you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return, and I hope to me you all personally when you come back. It was a pleasure to have you here. We hope everything is okay for you up in Oklahoma and that everyone is safe.

Please feel free to contact me personally if I may be of further service.

Thank you!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

The bathrooms were small and quite dated, but the kitchen was newly redone. We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite, which was really large. I was disappointed that the shuttle didn't run on the weekend.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Charlie W, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Addison, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Kellycut_12,

Thank you for your review of the Hyatt house Dallas/Addison on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you being our guest and thank you for your words.

So that you know, we do recognize that our bathrooms are different in size from many other hotels. While we have renovated our guest rooms, we do have plans in 2014 to renovate each of our bathrooms. We are sure you'll be pleased once that is complete. Also, later this year we are renovating our main Guesthouse building. As that is finished you will find us with a new breakfast menu, and also a full bar that will operate seven days a week.

We hope you choose to return, and see all the new things that are coming our way!

Thank you again for being our guest.

Hyatt house Dallas/Addison

Please come back to see us.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I really was torn between giving this property a 3 and a 4, but I concluded a 3 was too low because overall this place was pretty good and I left satisfied. My major issues were that the rooms have exterior entries, something I did not associate with this brand. This is the 4th Hyatt House I have stayed in and I just had a different experience in the others. The best experience remains at the Hyatt House in Sandy, Utah (Which was then a Summerfield Suites). I prefer interior entries, for safety and noise reduction. Which brings me to my second point, the nearby Addison Airport had a lot more air traffic than I anticipated and it woulds like these planes are taking off in the parking lot (including early morning take offs), unfortunately there is not much sound insulation. Lastly, while the room was updated and nice, the bathroom never got re-done, but I also think we were put in an accessible room so that may explain that issue. None of those issue were real deal breakers though as the room itself, with a separate bedroom and a kitchen, was more than enough for our needs. The breakfast was good as well and the overall area is nice on the north side of Dallas. I would consider this property to recommend to others, but I am not opposed to looking at other options in the area either. If the price is right, consider this property.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlie W, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Addison, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Jeffv216,

Thank you for your response on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your comments and kindness.

We understand our experience is a bit different given the exterior room entries. We are obviously glad you still enjoyed your visit and hope you will return at some future date.

So that you know, we have some exciting changes coming both this year and next. Soon we will be renovating our main Guest House building, updating the look, relocating some of our services closer to the front, and adding a full bar to the hotel! In 2014, we expect to complete our renovations by going back into our guestrooms and renovating all of the guest bath and vanity areas.

Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to the opportunity to seeing you again!

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband, 15 month old daughter and I shared a king one bedroom suite at this hotel.

Pros:
1. the bed was so comfortable, and the pillows!

2. Flat screens in both rooms and DVD player in living area -comes in handy because there is basically nothing to watch on tv it seems.

3. Full kitchen-awesome!! We made three meals, hamburgers, salad with chicken in it, and sushi!!

4. Lots of space! Large closet (we put the travel crib in there), eating area and office space, two sinks.

5. Pretty good selection for breakfast. We weren't fans of the waffles or pancakes though which just seemed like something that was frozen and heated up. We did think the cheese blintzes were pretty cool.

6. Very nice staff!!

7. Tom Thumb and Walmart quite close by.

8. Located near a lot of things to do and it's a nice area. Lots of food nearby!

9. Hair dryer in room- note its under the sink in a black bag so it's hard to see.

10. Aqua fresh toothpaste in room-it was peppermint flavor which was a little odd but oh well.

11. The price was pretty much unbeatable for what you get!

12. It's nice and relaxing and you can spend the day there if you need to.

Cons-ish:

1. They only seem to have one high chair on the facility which can be used in a hotel room though they advertise as if there is more.

2. Some may find some airport and siren noises annoying- though it didn't bother us too much.

3. No elevators. However, the climb isn't too bad. We stayed on a 2nd floor and I'm 6 months pregnant and not in top physical condition by any means and it was fine.

4. I found the bathroom to be quite small in comparison to everything else. However, they had one of those curtain rods that curve and make the shower area feel more spacious.

5. I could tell that not everything had been wiped down -more specifically it looked like door handles, light switches and some things like that had been neglected- a small pack of to go Clorox wipes can help with that though.

6. If you need white noise, best to bring your own little fan. There is a fan in the bathroom that provides some noise though.

All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Not sure if it matters, but we booked almost a month in advance.

• Stayed: March 2013
Charlie W, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Addison, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Married2Superman,

I am in receipt of your comments on Trip Advisor, and thought I should take a moment to stay Thank You!

We appreciate your comments regarding our hotel, and our staff. We are very glad that you enjoyed your time with us. It was a pleasure to have you here.

We also thank you for your constructive comments as they help us to learn and grow.

Your comments regarding breakfast are recognized, as we will be changing our menu at the end of the summer. Hyatt has come out with a new menu, and we will be renovating our public area to make room for the new items that are coming. So please come back to see us, we know you will love the things that we are adding!

Again, thank you for being our guest. We really do our best to listen to what guests say, and make our hotel better from it. Most importantly, we appreciate having you as our guest!

Hyatt house Dallas/Addison, TX

Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a suites hotel and the suite was really bigger than I need for a single night stay offering a bedroom, a lounge/dining area and a kitchen. The furnishings reminded me of America in the 80s; practical but just not quite comfortable. The hotel is set up for longer stay guests and sells simple foods in the front office area.

A good work desk and free fast wifi. Bed OK but not special.

The free breakfast was very average, but good enough to start your day without having to think about looking elsewhere. More boy scout camp than hotel cafeteria.

Friendly front desk employees

Room Tip: As there are no elevators and no assistance with baggage, request a walk-in ground floor suite.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 100nights
Charlie W, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Addison, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear 100nights,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt house Dallas/Addison, TX. We appreciate your feedback and constructive comments.

We hope you will return to the Hyatt house the next time you are in our area. We have changes coming during 2013 that we think you will find very positive. Specifically, the renovation of our public area will bring a greater free breakfast offering, and also an even better option for evening snacks and beverages.

We are glad you recogize our specialty of being set up for long term guests. I'm sure you know there are guests who like the comfort of a larger room. Certainly we do not expect that this is for everyone. We are simply grateful that you were kind enough to share your thoughts and we really do appreciate them.

We do hope to see you again as we introduce the new items that Hyatt house is adding this year.

Thank you again for being our guest.

Best Regards,

Hyatt house Dallas/Addison, TX

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Nice hotel close to Addison attractions and other Dallas venues - food and shopping all close by or within a short drive. Very pleased with the accommodations. Great value and would certainly go with Hyatt House in the future. Enjoyed the evening cocktails and snacks that were provided complimentary to guests. That's always a great touch along with full breakfast option in the morning, complimentary. The inside is much better looking than the curb appeal. The rooms are great and modern. No elevators so if you have a room on the 3rd floor you gotta do the stairs otherwise no complaints!

Room Tip: Third floor rooms requiring taking the stairs, otherwise I think you will enjoy the modern convenien...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Charlie W, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Addison, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear VinoS S,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor survey regarding your stay at the Hyatt house Dallas/Addison, TX. We understand your time is valuable, and appreciate you thinking of us. Your kindness in the survey is also appreciated.

We recognize the value of travelers such as yourself, and appreciate that we met your expectations. We do look forward to your return should you find yourself in need of returning to our area.

This will be an exciting year for us with some changes coming by the end of the year that I think you will find to be very nice. Those things will include a renovaton of our guest public area, an enhancement to our complimentary breakfast and even social hour, and more. We expect those things to be complete late in 2013. Until then, we hope you do come back and enjoy the items you found so pleasing the last time you were with us.

Thank you, again, for your comments, and for being our guest.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We will return here next time in the area. Unless you go to a 5 star hotel you won't beat this place with friendly service. Breakfast is real, not the continental type. Multiple buildings rather than one monster building.

• Stayed: January 2013
Charlie W, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Addison, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear MidwestTraveller2007,

Thank you so much for your kind review of the Hyatt House Addison TX. We appreciate your kindness and are thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us. We truly look forward to your return and plan to make it make it just as good of a stay as you experienced this time.

Thank you so much!

Hyatt House Addison, TX

Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas Addison
0 mi away
SpringHill Suites Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Residence Inn Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria

Been to HYATT house Dallas/Addison? Share your experiences!