“The patio is the only reason to stop”
Review of On the Border

On the Border
Ranked #89 of 202 Restaurants in Addison
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

This is a chain restaurant. What do you expect? It caters to the masses who enjoy wolfing large quantities of food regardless of taste or quality. The drinks are watered down , and the menu offers a step beyond pet food...

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I hadn't been to OTB in a real long time. They were running commercials for unlimited enchiladas. So my friend, Phoebe, and I, decided to go. We ordered Kokopelli Margaritas, ingriedients are corazon, anejo, patron citronge orange, fresh lime, agave nectar and cranberry juice. It comes in a huge maragarita glass with ice cubes. I loved mine. Phoebe sent hers back because she said she didn't like it. She is always sending back EVERYTHING! So she ordered a Strawberry Swirl, which she actually liked. The chips and salsa are complimentary. The salsa was delicious, chips were bland, but that's the way they serve them. I like my chips salty. We ordered guacamole and were not disappointed. It was excellent. Phoebe had tortilla soup. Of course she complained but it was so much of it that she had to get a takeout container. I think she enjoyed it. I ordered Shrimp Diablo with cilantro rice and veggies. It was indescribably delicious. The sauce was hot and spicy and highly seasoned, the shrimp were supposed to be jumbo, but they looked medium to me. However, I was not disappointed. They were succulent and really flavorful. The veggies were mushrooms, yellow squash, zuchinni, red bell peppers, corn, and I think I tasted some carrots. I can't say enough good things about this visit to On the Border.

Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

The food here is good but not great even with some new menu items they have just added. Our waiter was the best, always on top of anything we needed before we asked. Expect to pay about $45 for two people, this includes a appetizer, 2 meals and two drinks not including dessert.

Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Im visiting from MN and was looking for better mexican food than back home. This wasn't it. Food was fine, service was fine, value was fine. Nothing stood out, it seemed like an average soulless corporate restaurant where the staff doesn't care much, and the food is bland to satisfy the average guest.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

We often eat lunch at OTB. The food is good. The service is ok but never great. Check the glasses ( a server said they are not good at cleaning the rims, he always uses a straw.) The food could be spicier but you can't get really good tex- mex at a chain restaurant. Portions are a little on the small side. Altough they have a large menu they really only have about 5 items fixed with different meats.

Been to On the Border? Share your experiences!