“Nearly perfect for a business trip”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Addison Galleria
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Addison
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I had to stay here for 2 weeks while training at my flight school which was conveniently located barely 2 mins away from here at Addison airport... Location, room and convenience were perfect for my purposes here... I would recommend it to anyone who is here in Addison on business or training purposes

• Stayed February 2013
Kim P, Front Office Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Addison Galleria, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
BShray,

Thank you for your kind words about our property. We look forward to seeing you again if you are ever in the Addison area.

Thanks!
new york
Reviewed February 4, 2013

we had a very bad experience.. we were very disappointed with the manager on duty and one of the lady who sits at the reception. The rooms were small, and only for 1 person. we found a lizard in the room, and when we went to complain to the front desk, all he had to say was that he will get it cleaned.
the customer service was pathetic...
i would never stay again, and would never recommend..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Vishal S,

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. At this hotel, we strive to provide the best customer service possible to our guests at all times. Therefore, it is disappointing to learn that you were unhappy. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong, and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience the above issue(s) may have caused.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.We look forward to serving your future lodging needs,
New Jersey
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have never written a negative review and would avoid in all circumstances. This one just got all the points to make sure I write one.

We had reservations for 2 people in a room and we got one tiny queen and an extra bed!! okay we adjusted.

2 Lizards found in the 1st floor room we were staying, luckily it was on the last nigth. Scary but the manager simply replied, we will get it cleaned.

My friend missed his flight becuase they never got the CAB which we had ordered for next day.
The lady in the evening is very very lazy and would not listen but sit and watch something on the computer with head phones on.

I am not good at describing the bad things but honestly TRIPADVISOR let me down on this one.
The problem is the Manager he doesnt really care , the Staff is really bad.

I would avoid. the pictures might look good but its decieving.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hitvyas,

Thank you for the time to post a review of your stay, even if you were unhappy with the outcome. We have treated the room in which you stayed and also spoken with the entire staff (including the GM) about their customer attitudes. Please know that this isn't normal activity for our hotel and if given the chance, we'd love to show you how great we really can be. Please contact me directly if you're ever in the Addison area again, as we'd love the chance to make a better 2nd impression.

Have a fantastic day!
Kim P
AUSTIN
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Staff was friendly, rooms were nice, but toilet in room 330 needs to be replaced. It backed up all four nights, and overflowed once. I tried turning off the water by tightening faucet at the base of toilet but the handle and hose began to leak. Notified front desk and they sent me up rags to soak up water. I believe the bell-hop came up and helped clean up the water. He informed me that maintenance would not be in till morning and we placed a white bowl at the base of toilet to catch water drip. Overall good stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Kim P, Front Office Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Addison Galleria, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Adolfo,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property here in Addison. I'll be sure to pass on the kind comments about our hotel staff. I have already passed on your comments about room 330 to maintenance to ensure this doesn't happen again. Thank you again for bringing it to our attention. We hope to see you again if you are in the Addison area.

Have a great day!