All reviewshotel roomstaff was friendlywithin walking distanceliving roomhot breakfastshort driveoutdoor poolburnerfridgesinkpillowstexas
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We went there to check out the hotel and the G.M. personally showed us two room choices. That impressed me right away just the fact that he took time out of his day to do that. All of the staff were very helpful and friendly. This hotel was extremely clean everywhere and that is very important to me. Very large rooms with stove, full size fridge, microwave and sink. They provide a great hot breakfast and happy hour with snacks and wine and beer that is a nice touch. I would highly recommend this place and the price is very reasonable. I also felt that the neighborhood was nice and safe. Lots of great restaurants all around.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank phillips16
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I visited this hotel again after a previous "just OK" experience. Kimberly was working the front desk when I checked in and was very helpful providing information about the local restaurants (I arrived late on a Sunday evening and had not eaten yet). She was welcoming and asked me what floor I preferred for my room. I selected a higher floor to make sure it was a quiet stay, which it was.

I cannot believe the reasonable price for the accommodations, including the full fridge and stocked kitchen (with utensils and pots and pans and everything). I had no problems with the hot water during my stay (my previous stay had some issues) though the water pressure could be a little better. Everything was clean and well maintained. Breakfast was tasty and included extensive choices (waffle iron, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, cold and hot options that were the same every day, Florida's natural juices, coffee, and teas).

One suggestion: it would be a nice touch if the hot water for tea and the coffee containers were kept filled and accessible during the day so guests could get some tea or something later in the day as well.

A second suggestion: The Internet Service was sometimes inconsistent. Although I never got disconnected, sometimes pages (just normal pages like an email or something--so not large complicated files or something) would just not load and I'd have to tell the page to reload once or twice---I had better Internet experiences at other hotels in the Dallas area.

On my previous review, a manager wrote to apologise for my experiences and asked me to talk with them about it. I mentioned this to the staff before I checked out during this visit and the staff said they were glad this second stay was more enjoyable and apologised for the previous experience. I did not talk to a manager about their reply to my previous review because the staff did not indicate they were available to talk.

I'm glad this second stay did not have the issues the first one did. I really enjoy the location of this hotel (close to a range of food options--some really amazing eats!) and would recommend staying here to others especially for extended stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kcrogs
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel and I had a great experience! I am quite picky when it comes to choosing a hotel because I am a clean freak. The room & restroom was very clean and the maids did an excellent job of cleaning up after us each day. Also the management was very nice. The King suite we stayed in was very spacious, and the bed was very comfortable. I will most definitely stay here whenever I visit Dallas.

Room Tip: Stay in the King suite! It is very spacious.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sabeen A
Reviewed February 25, 2012

We had a great experience with the hotel and staff. Very hospitable and welcoming. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. It was our home away from home for a few days. I recommend this hotel to anyone on vacation or business.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed January 12, 2012

First off let me just say I love this hotel and the wyndam brand. I realize that it is not one of the $150-$200 a night stuffy hotels. I have exp. many of those as a always traveling long term taveler. However, what this hotel is, is a very convenient extended stay hotel. A fully stocked kitchen ready to go. Just by groceries and you are set. Breakfast in the morning is great and you can eat in the breakfast area or return to your room w/your beakfast. This was my second long term stay over 3 weeks at this location.. I was here back in july long term and they have made some updates to the breakfast area. This location is very peaceful and safe w/no loud or unsavory characters. I love staying here and the Addison area. Monica and Joe are wonderful Managers and take good care of us. The housekeeping staff does a phenominal job as well and on occasion I have called and asked for clean towels or sheets and they are very prompt. I would compare hawthorne to a candlewood in there offering of the same features and price point. However ,hawthorne offers a full hot breakfast daily and candlewood none. Hawthorne furnishings are a 1-2 star upgrade. Hawthorne is a better deal al around!! Thanks all at the hawthorne for making our stay A-1 !!

Room Tip: The guest rooms are small if you are traveling with kids you may opt for a double queen size.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business