All reviews hotel room staff was friendly within walking distance living room hot breakfast short drive outdoor pool burner fridge sink pillows texas
Reviewed December 3, 2011

I'm a little late with this review and the problems that we experienced have hopefully been corrected. We stayed during Oktoberfest on 9/17/11. The manager at the front desk could not have been more accommodating and I appreciate that the poor man was doing the best that he could under the circumstances. But the first sign of trouble was the wet floor when we entered our room. Then again when the toilet was flushed and sewage started coming up from the floor drain and in the shower. We were quickly moved to another room and it had the same problems. Then the halls started getting wet. The manager was trying to get plumbing help so we left for Oktoberfest. When we got back much later, it appeared that the only correction made were dehumidifier fans in halls. We were too tired and, at that point, kind of trapped in a nightmare of smelly, noisy non-sleep. It was an awful experience and one I hope to never repeat.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Several friends and I decided to do a "guy's weekend" in Dallas for a Cowboys game and a little golf. We chose to stay in Addison because it was roughly center to most of our activities (Cowboys-Bill game, round of golf at the Dallas Cowboys Golf Course, etc.) and close to decent restaurants and a Flying Saucer location.

Check-in was efficient and hospitable, though parking was a bit of an issue. The room itself was clean and orderly and the decor was pleasing. A large flat screen television, a decent kitchenette were also bonuses for the room. Also, the complimentary breakfast was far better than your average hotel with hot waffles, sausage, biscuits, gravy, etc.

There were a few minor drawbacks however. The mattress on my bed was extremely soft and did not provide a restful night's sleep. The hot water in the morning disappeared quite quickly but I attribute this to a high occupancy rate at the hotel.

Overall, Addison is a nice town to stay in; the local nightlife is more than acceptable for a little fun and the proximity of a Starbucks is a bonus. My group has already committed to a similar trip next year and we all agreed that we'd choose this hotel for next year.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I stayed at this hotel in the beginning of November. There were major positives and some inconveniences, so I'm still a little undecided about the hotel.

Pros:
- yummy selection of make-yourself (TX-shaped!) waffles, decent hot items (like eggs, sometimes potatoes, biscuits, gravy, meat, and oatmeal), usual selection of cold items (cereal, yogurt, fruit, good juice), and coffee/tea options for breakfast
- The room (I stayed in the smaller suite style with 1 king bed, separate living room area, TVs in bedroom and living room, well stocked kitchen with pots, pans, silverware, cutting board and things) was nice and the bed was comfortable.
- Easy to find location
- Close to a lot of different restaurants
- Good price for the room, amenities, and breakfast
- Free, wireless internet in my room--worked great
- Computer and printer near front desk, convenient and free for printing boarding passes for your flight
- There was a shuttle, but I did not need it while I was there, so I cannot comment further than just that I saw someone arranging to use it while I was there and it seemed convenient.

Cons:
- the microwave in my room did not work (I did not ask to move as I did not realize this until late in the evening on my 2nd night there when I tried to warm up water for tea and I was tired and did not want to move)
- In the room, I did not notice any informational booklet/binder in the room about places to go and places to eat in the area. I know I can look up ideas online, but I appreciate the information a hotel could compile, too.
- The hot and cold water were reversed in the shower! This made for a lukewarm shower one morning before I figured this out! They should fix that (in room 119) or put a sign up--it was very frustrating.
- No conditioner! I use shampoo and conditioner. They supply the bathroom with "conditioning" shampoo. For my frizzy hair, that just won't do! And they only left the little bottle of lotion when I left a note for housekeeping. On subsequent days they did not leave any lotion if I did not ask for it.
- My first morning at the hotel, we had NO HOT WATER! The manager that checked me in the night before alerted me to the problem and "promised" that the hot water would be back in the morning. When I work up at 6:30am to get ready for a long day of business meetings, I had to call down to the front desk to inquire about the water situation as I was only getting cold water still, but I wanted to make sure it was not just my room. He confirmed my suspicion that there was still no hot water in the entire hotel and said someone was coming back to fix it around 8:30am (too late for my responsibilities that day). I literally heated up water on the stove in my kitchenette area and created a warm bath for myself because there was not even lukewarm water available. I understand that things like that can happen, and the hot water was fixed by the time I got back to the hotel that evening, but the fact that there was no attempt to offer solutions and no heads up from the staff until I called them that morning felt unprofessional. Also, the "promise" from the manager went unfulfilled and there was no attempt to offer 1 free night's stay, a percentage off my next visit, or even just some extra Wyndham points or something. When I checked out the woman at the front desk just apologized. I was expecting a more professional response such as, "I am sorry for the inconvenience, my manager authorized us to offer the following to apologize to the guests . . ." Or "what could we do to encourage you to stay with us again or to make this experience more enjoyable for you?" I am not saying that the hotel should have reimbursed me for my entire stay, but I was surprised that they did not try to let the hotel guests know and try to make up for the "no-hot water" fiasco.

This was my first of 4 visits to the Addison area in the next couple of months for business, and my colleagues are traveling down there at other times this year. I was hoping to find a place that was restful, economical, professional, and had yummy breakfast. There are a lot of reasons I liked this stay, but I'm not sure if I'll be back or if I'll recommend it to my colleagues.

If I give it another chance next month, I'll write an updated review.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
HawthornGM, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Addison Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2011

Dear Kcrogs,

Thank you for taking the time to write a survey. I want to apologize for your experience with the cold water. I understand your frustraions, I know you were promised that the hot water would be on, we too were promised the hot water would be on and we believed it would be. As you stated, the situation was not one we could control. Our staff were given guildines and unfortantly, you were missed. Please give us a call and ask for either member of managment or ask for us the next time you come in. We would like to see you return and also speak you you in person.

Reviewed October 29, 2011

We stayed in a queen suite which was more like a kitchenette with a separate bedroom. It was stocked with dishes and utensils and very clean. The bed was very comfortable with nice, soft linens. The internet connection was fast. The breakfast was plentiful, including eggs and potatoes! We booked through our NRA discount and got a great rate. We were able to walk across the parking lot to an Outback restaurant for dinner. Great location! Great value!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Stayed there for four days and was greeted very kindly upon my arrival by Joe. One of the best Stays I've had in a hotel . Definitely had a feeling of "Home Away from Home ". I am a freak when it comes to cleanliness n the bathrooms and the bed sheets. Both were superbly clean and fresh which gave me a peace of mind for the rest of my stay. The rooms are beautifully decorated ,and renovated . The Kitchen is nicely and fully equipped with all the necessary items all in great shape and looked brand new. The Housekeeping is one of the best I have experienced and can't thank them enough for their great work and service. The free hot breakfast is more than I could ask for . It was fresh, delicious with plenty of options and varieties. Free parking was another blessing. The hotel is surrounded by plenty of great restaurants within walking distance and not having a restaurant on site is NOT an issue. Frankly it did feel like you have tons of restaurants on site !!! The rooms are quite and peaceful. Laundromat on site , was great to have !!! All together , for me it was a five star hotel stay . I have been to 4 star hotels and was not this happy . So a BIG THANK YOU to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Addison staff for such great Job . Will return next year with rest of our sports team . In fact ,Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Addison will be our annual stay in Addison from now on.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends